Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? 14:24 - Dec 20 with 3182 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I was thinking, in my half awake state this morning, who was the best out of these 3 when at Town? My memory has never been that hot, but I think Leif might have topped them both now. Cresswell certainly had a wand of a left foot, but I don't remember him or Mings getting up and down quite as much as Leif does (albeit they were in worse teams). And without looking I imagine Leif has more assists than both over a comparable amount of games.

Certainly Cresswell and Mings both stood out, but was that partly because there was a lot of dross around them? Sometimes I feel like Davis plays in three positions at once down that side - and he keeps it up for 90 mins too. An absolute machine!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 14:32 - Dec 20 with 2607 viewsHerbivore

I'd say both were better than him defensively and Mings was very capable of marauding runs forward down that flank. Think both are more of a threat in terms of scoring goals themselves but Leif significantly better at creating opportunities for others and his engine is superb. Hard to pick who is the best, but given the other two went on to play for England even being mentioned in that company is a compliment. I also think Leif has the potential to be a better left back than both if he addresses his couple of weaknesses.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 14:32 - Dec 20 with 2612 viewshomer_123

I'd suggest that Cresser was a better defender than Leif.

Leif, however, is better going forward than Cresser (though Cresser wasn't bad!!!).

Leif has the better engine on him as well.

Mings, he looked good and raw at times - I think that rawness never completely left him, though I didn't watch too much of him recently.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 14:39 - Dec 20 with 2558 viewshoppy

No mention of Myles Kenlock?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? (n/t) on 14:55 - Dec 20 with 2471 viewsJ2BLUE

Davis but Cresswell was excellent and in this team he may well be just as good.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 14:56]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 15:01 - Dec 20 with 2418 viewsBiGDonnie

Davis
Mings
Cresswell

Is the correct order.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 15:12 - Dec 20 with 2366 viewshomer_123

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 14:39 - Dec 20 by hoppy

Playing in the same team as Jordan Ibe.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 15:17 - Dec 20 with 2338 viewspositivity

leif needs to knock in a few free kicks before he catches cresswell!

bear in mind that the other 2 went on to be england internationals, it's good company to be in!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 15:17 - Dec 20 with 2338 viewsJackNorthStand

Davis.

Mings as a left back doesn't get near either Cresswells or Leifs level in an ITFC shirt.

Mings as a centre half however is a different story.
Login to get fewer ads

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 15:21 - Dec 20 with 2316 viewsTractorCam

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 15:01 - Dec 20 by BiGDonnie

Davis
Mings
Cresswell

Is the correct order.

Davis, Cresswell, Mings is the only right answer here!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 15:29 - Dec 20 with 2281 viewsBiGDonnie

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 15:21 - Dec 20 by TractorCam

Davis, Cresswell, Mings is the only right answer here!

Technically Cresswell was better than Mings but his physicality makes him better IMO.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 15:48 - Dec 20 with 2212 viewsPinewoodblue

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 15:01 - Dec 20 by BiGDonnie

Davis
Mings
Cresswell

Is the correct order.

Also by value when sold. Half of the teams in Premier League could improve their squad by signing Leif. Hope Leeds don't have a sell on clause.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 15:52 - Dec 20 with 2194 viewsnodge_blue

Do a poll and include Tarriico, Herman and Clapham (maybe Mills) ??

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 15:54 - Dec 20 with 2194 viewsDanJam90

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 15:12 - Dec 20 by homer_123

Playing in the same team as Jordan Ibe.

There are two other ex town players playing in that team (Ebbsfleet Utd)! Can someone name them? No peaking online!

One is ex Spurs and one ex Reading.
Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 15:56 - Dec 20 with 2173 viewsTractorCam

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 15:54 - Dec 20 by DanJam90

There are two other ex town players playing in that team (Ebbsfleet Utd)! Can someone name them? No peaking online!

One is ex Spurs and one ex Reading.

Andy Drury i'm pretty sure is one.
Darren McQueen for the other maybe?

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 16:02 - Dec 20 with 2144 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 14:39 - Dec 20 by hoppy

He's no.1... in weird/lopsided running styles.

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 16:03 - Dec 20 with 2140 viewshoppy

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 15:56 - Dec 20 by TractorCam

Wasn't that where Dominic Samuel is now?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 16:04 - Dec 20 with 2131 viewspositivity

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 15:56 - Dec 20 by TractorCam

another clue for the ex-reading player, a salty comment from his wiki page:-

"The prolific striker started in fine form scoring a deflection against East Fife in one of his 39 games with the club. ######## was released by the club on 15 June 2023 upon the expiry of his contract after two years at the club"

!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 16:04 - Dec 20 with 2128 viewsMattinLondon

Mauricio Taricco
Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 16:07 - Dec 20 with 2111 viewsTractorCam

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 16:04 - Dec 20 by positivity

another clue for the ex-reading player, a salty comment from his wiki page:-

"The prolific striker started in fine form scoring a deflection against East Fife in one of his 39 games with the club. ######## was released by the club on 15 June 2023 upon the expiry of his contract after two years at the club"

!

I didn't pay attention to the Spurs/Reading line.... I can confirm McQueen is correct, Drury left in 2019 so slightly out there.

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 16:07 - Dec 20 with 2109 viewsParsley

Just out of interest, league games played, goals and assists below from Transfermarkt

Cresswell: P132 G6 A24
Mings: P59 G1 A7
Davis: P64 G3 A25

Bearing in mind 2/3 of Davis appearances are in league 1 and he's currently appearing in a better Town team than either Cresswell or Mings played in, I'd still put Davis as no. 1 while at Town. He reminds me of Cresswell in a lot of ways and if he goes on to have as consistent a Premier League career as him (hopefully at Town), he'll have done well.
Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 16:12 - Dec 20 with 2074 viewsReus30

There was a thread about this like a week ago.

But the correct answer is Dan Harding.
Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 16:18 - Dec 20 with 2051 viewssolemio

Mick Mills - and he has the best deportment of any ITFC Left Back.
Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 18:15 - Dec 20 with 1848 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 16:12 - Dec 20 by Reus30

There was a thread about this like a week ago.

But the correct answer is Dan Harding.

I'm very sorry for not seeing every thread on here!

Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 19:39 - Dec 20 with 1725 viewsheavyweight

Hermann or Maurico
Leif Davis, Aaron Cresswell or Tyrone Mings? on 19:42 - Dec 20 with 1714 viewsgosblue

Hermann Hreidarsson
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024