Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is how to build a team 09:51 - Jan 5 with 2378 viewsBondiBlue

We'll be having your captain. Thank you very much.

Poll: Which would you accept?

This is how to build a team on 09:53 - Jan 5 with 2333 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

He's out of favour, so it's not quite as bullish as you suggest.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This is how to build a team on 09:58 - Jan 5 with 2269 viewsBiGDonnie

This is how to build a team on 09:53 - Jan 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

They're 17th, perhaps he should be in favour.

It's definitely a coup and a loss to Blackburn. Great signing.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

This is how to build a team on 10:00 - Jan 5 with 2230 viewsNeedhamChris

This is how to build a team on 09:58 - Jan 5 by BiGDonnie

Looks a good signing, but there's a danger of going overboard here.

If he was that much of a coup and a loss to Blackburn they wouldn't be loaning him out would they?

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

This is how to build a team on 10:01 - Jan 5 with 2203 viewsvilanovablue

Very solid cover which is really good news.
This is how to build a team on 10:08 - Jan 5 with 2090 viewstractorboy1978

This is how to build a team on 10:00 - Jan 5 by NeedhamChris

If he was that much of a coup and a loss to Blackburn they wouldn't be loaning him out would they?

Wouldn't say it's a coup but a very good signing, especially with Morsy out for the next 2 games. I think it is a strong indicator we will be leaving nothing to chance and looking to upgrade all over the pitch. I am not sure most people saw a left sided 10 or a CM as big priorities this window but both players improve us as a squad.
This is how to build a team on 10:10 - Jan 5 with 2038 viewsBiGDonnie

This is how to build a team on 10:00 - Jan 5 by NeedhamChris

Time will tell. But to nab a divisional rivals captain is definitely, on paper anyway, a great singing.

COYBs

This is how to build a team on 10:26 - Jan 5 with 1895 viewsBrianTablet

He was just driftwood there really.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

This is how to build a team on 10:36 - Jan 5 with 1808 viewsFrimleyBlue

Wouldn't it suggest he's not performing well enough if he can't get in a side currently 17th?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

This is how to build a team on 10:46 - Jan 5 with 1718 viewstractorboy1978

This is how to build a team on 10:36 - Jan 5 by FrimleyBlue

Wouldn't it suggest he's not performing well enough if he can't get in a side currently 17th?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24029511.inside-travis-blackburn-exi
This is how to build a team on 10:49 - Jan 5 with 1679 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I don't know anything about him, just stating the facts that it's hardly stealing an important player off them as the OP is suggesting. And not sure how it's "a loss to Blackburn" when he's not playing.

But the fact that McKenna wants him is good enough for me. Luongo wasn't playing much when we picked him up and that worked out alright. Presumably McKenna sees something in him that Blackburn aren't seeing and/or can train him in McKennaball, which they obviously don't have!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This is how to build a team on 12:52 - Jan 5 with 1456 views44_not_out

Morsey nor Mass were not rated enough by Boro for them to remain there so we nipped in…..

That worked out well 😉
This is how to build a team on 12:57 - Jan 5 with 1409 viewsipswichtillidie

From what I’m reading it appears more of a personality clash with the manager than anything else. Loan allows him to get out of there and possibly either a) return after Tomas is sacked or b) try it here with us and maybe earn a contract here.
Either way for me a real coup. Could see him playing alongside Morsy actually allowing Morsy to play slightly further forward perhaps.
[Post edited 5 Jan 12:59]

Gav

This is how to build a team on 12:58 - Jan 5 with 1393 viewsBiGDonnie

This is how to build a team on 10:49 - Jan 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't know anything about him, just stating the facts that it's hardly stealing an important player off them as the OP is suggesting. And not sure how it's "a loss to Blackburn" when he's not playing.

But the fact that McKenna wants him is good enough for me. Luongo wasn't playing much when we picked him up and that worked out alright. Presumably McKenna sees something in him that Blackburn aren't seeing and/or can train him in McKennaball, which they obviously don't have!

Perhaps if he was an important member of the side they wouldn't be languishing in 17th.

Boro never played Morsy.

COYBs

This is how to build a team on 13:01 - Jan 5 with 1354 viewsipswichtillidie

This is how to build a team on 12:58 - Jan 5 by BiGDonnie

Perhaps if he was an important member of the side they wouldn't be languishing in 17th.

Boro never played Morsy.

Exactly this. Just because a player isn’t playing doesn’t mean he isn’t their best player. Indicates a personality clash/fall out for sure. They seem a club in disarray tbh and obviously backing the manager which means Travis to us.

Also strange if some fans doubt this signing at all given Kmc wants this to happen!
[Post edited 5 Jan 13:03]

Gav

This is how to build a team on 13:26 - Jan 5 with 1243 viewsFrimleyBlue

This is how to build a team on 12:58 - Jan 5 by BiGDonnie

Boro never played Morsy.

Morsy played 31 games In the one season he was at Boro

According to wiki

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This is how to build a team on 13:36 - Jan 5 with 1185 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not necessarily. Would you have said Delaney was a poor player and dodgy signing for Palace because he didn’t do well at left back for us? The same Delaney who then went on to play over 130 PL games in his preferred position.

Sometimes things don’t work out for players. We’ve had a few here. Chris Wood is possibly the best example lately - looked utterly lost here and then went and banged them in for Leeds and Burnley.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This is how to build a team on 13:57 - Jan 5 with 1097 viewsNutkins_Return

This is how to build a team on 10:49 - Jan 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

Totally get what you are saying but he's been a very important player for them for 5 years. If we were signing him in summer just gone this would be hailed a hell of a signing. Captain in back of 48 games for Blackburn just missing playoffs. He's the same player.

Think just not fitting with JDT (personality or what he needs for his system). Seems very much in the Morsy mould/style.

I assume this might mean Ball moves on if considered an upgrade. Might just be for Humphreys to go out and play on loan (or both).
This is how to build a team on 18:12 - Jan 5 with 831 viewsDeano69

This is how to build a team on 09:53 - Jan 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

Not highly rated by a BR fan I know well. But probably means very little when you change allegiances

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024