Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR 20:19 - Jan 15 with 2344 viewsGuthrum

Sounds a very frustrating experience.

https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/news/inmates-were-running-jail-troy-073000254.html

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 20:47 - Jan 15 with 2223 viewsIllinoisblue

Good read, that. The way he’s publicly slagging his players I’d say he won’t last the season there. Also; just 10 months since FGR beat Sheff Weds 1-0. How different our lives would be they hadn’t won that…

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 20:55 - Jan 15 with 2175 viewshomer_123

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 20:47 - Jan 15 by Illinoisblue

Good read, that. The way he’s publicly slagging his players I’d say he won’t last the season there. Also; just 10 months since FGR beat Sheff Weds 1-0. How different our lives would be they hadn’t won that…

He's no Beale! Sounds exactly how I'd expect managing a Club to be.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 21:27 - Jan 15 with 2095 viewsReus30

It is a frustrating experience but one he is not particularly handling it well.

Makes me thankful that we have someone like KM in charge. Level headed, Uber professional .

Deeney won't see out the season, he looks to have the same issue as Rooney, Lampard and other ex players before him in that he doesn't have the emotional capability to manage.
Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 21:56 - Jan 15 with 2018 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Reece Brown, there’s a blast from the past

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 22:00 - Jan 15 with 1999 viewsEuropablue

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 21:27 - Jan 15 by Reus30

Makes me thankful that we have someone like KM in charge. Level headed, Uber professional .

Deeney won't see out the season, he looks to have the same issue as Rooney, Lampard and other ex players before him in that he doesn't have the emotional capability to manage.

I agree that Troy Deeney will never be a KM, and in general successful players do have to overcome a big obstacle of imposing elite expectations on lower-league players. KM imposes elite standards while having his expectations at an appropriate level for the skill of each individual player. KM has also been in coaching for a long time, he really put the hours in. Carrick is a good example of an ex-player. Pep is another one.
In that interview and just the impression I get from him, Deeney seems like the high standards, low tolerance style. KM wouldn't accept casual lateness, but he would never air his dirty laundry in public.
Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 23:06 - Jan 15 with 1851 viewsCrock

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 21:56 - Jan 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Reece Brown, there’s a blast from the past

It is not the former Town player though.

Poll: Favourite number?

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 23:15 - Jan 15 with 1832 viewspointofblue

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 23:06 - Jan 15 by Crock

There is a former Town player mentioned in the article though.

EDIT: Deeney wonders why the players look scared? I can tell him - it's because he seems to be creating a cloud of fear at the club. He strikes me as another Keane; can't take responsibility and just points the finger at everyone else for failings.
[Post edited 15 Jan 23:23]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 02:14 - Jan 16 with 1746 viewsTresBonne

Interesting that Dom Thompson has gone there. He was alright enough for us, should do really well in L2 though
Login to get fewer ads

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 06:00 - Jan 16 with 1664 viewsChurchman

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 21:27 - Jan 15 by Reus30

Whether it’s deserved or not the public hanging out to dry of his players reminds me of Cook a bit. I suspect the outcome will be the same too.

Club at the bottom of the pile, the players aren’t exactly covering themselves in glory and if your senior player is not bothering to turn up for training on time it’s not a good sign.

Maybe it’s a poor choice of first club to manage or a bad fit? Too many poor players with bad attitudes? Maybe things will improve for him. I hope so and wish him well - the game needs young, English managers coming through.
Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 07:39 - Jan 16 with 1540 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 23:06 - Jan 15 by Crock

Ah, whoops

Dom Thompson, there’s a blast from the past!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 08:13 - Jan 16 with 1464 viewsHerbivore

I love that about three times in the article after Deeney is quoted absolutely panning the players it says something like "but there is no malice from him". I imagine he got to see a copy of the draft before it went to print and asked for that to be put in. Does rather come across as someone playing at being a manager to be honest, there's not a lot in there that suggests he's going to be a success.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 08:41 - Jan 16 with 1380 viewsjayessess

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 06:00 - Jan 16 by Churchman

Whether it’s deserved or not the public hanging out to dry of his players reminds me of Cook a bit. I suspect the outcome will be the same too.

Club at the bottom of the pile, the players aren’t exactly covering themselves in glory and if your senior player is not bothering to turn up for training on time it’s not a good sign.

Maybe it’s a poor choice of first club to manage or a bad fit? Too many poor players with bad attitudes? Maybe things will improve for him. I hope so and wish him well - the game needs young, English managers coming through.

Forest Green's trajectory is interesting and a real lesson in how difficult it is to install and maintain good structures in a football club.

Just two seasons ago they were widely regarded as one of the best run clubs in the EFL. They had a reputation for incredibly good player recruitment, a sophisticated recruitment setup, a progressive young manager, they had four seasons in a row in the top half of League Two before finally winning the league. Then, the manager left for Watford, the DOF left for Portsmouth, a few good players lost on frees and within less than 18 months they're all set to disappear back into non-league.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 08:45 - Jan 16 with 1357 viewstractorboy1978

He's doomed to fail. Players don't respond to this style of management anymore.
Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 09:46 - Jan 16 with 1196 viewsEdwardStone

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 23:15 - Jan 15 by pointofblue

There is a former Town player mentioned in the article though.

EDIT: Deeney wonders why the players look scared? I can tell him - it's because he seems to be creating a cloud of fear at the club. He strikes me as another Keane; can't take responsibility and just points the finger at everyone else for failings.
[Post edited 15 Jan 23:23]

I instantly thought of Keane when I read the article

I hope FGR don't drop out of the league, I have always had a soft spot for them

But I'm not convinced that Deeney is the man to keep them up
Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 13:50 - Jan 16 with 1036 views_clive_baker_

This is a car crash interview:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0h4wjbz

#demolitionman
[Post edited 16 Jan 13:50]
Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 15:26 - Jan 16 with 906 viewsChurchman

Interesting article following Troy Deeney trying to manage at FGR on 08:41 - Jan 16 by jayessess

Forest Green's trajectory is interesting and a real lesson in how difficult it is to install and maintain good structures in a football club.

Just two seasons ago they were widely regarded as one of the best run clubs in the EFL. They had a reputation for incredibly good player recruitment, a sophisticated recruitment setup, a progressive young manager, they had four seasons in a row in the top half of League Two before finally winning the league. Then, the manager left for Watford, the DOF left for Portsmouth, a few good players lost on frees and within less than 18 months they're all set to disappear back into non-league.

Interesting. Did they rise too high too fast and become victims of their own success?

Is it because a club with that size of support base has limits to how far they can go? Especially in today’s money orientated game.

A former work colleague, who is still a Director at Lincoln, used to chat in detail about just how hard it is to run a club at the lower levels where every penny counts. He also went into a bit detail about how rubbish some managers were including one or two know people.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024