Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust 13:13 - Jan 19 with 1935 viewsIllinoisblue

But then blazing over. League cup qtr final. A late dive from that rascal Bontcho makes it 1-1.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 13:25 - Jan 19 with 1809 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

We always did reasonably well in the Cups under Lyall.
31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 13:28 - Jan 19 with 1801 viewsNthQldITFC

Not sure if it was the same game, but I remember Hirst picking the ball up in his own half and running at Warky who, knowing he was going to get well and truly roasted for pace, seemed to almost lay down in the centre circle and make Hirst run into him! I'm sure it was more of a sliding tackle than 'laying down' but that's how it looked from the North Stand, and I thought Warky had just done him with mind games.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 13:30 - Jan 19 with 1789 viewsPhilTWTD

It was a cumulative award of a penalty, wasn't it? Two better calls were turned down and I think the ref decided on balance one probably had been a spot-kick.
31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 13:38 - Jan 19 with 1745 viewswaveneyblue

Warkies "tackle" is a thing of utter beauty.
31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 13:42 - Jan 19 with 1710 viewsBrianTablet

And one of the greatest things about old FPR... blue goal nets

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 13:45 - Jan 19 with 1685 viewsSteve_M

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 13:30 - Jan 19 by PhilTWTD

It was a cumulative award of a penalty, wasn't it? Two better calls were turned down and I think the ref decided on balance one probably had been a spot-kick.

Yes, seem to remember thinking it was well deserved at the time rather than fortunate.

Good thing Bontcho didn't take it himself though:

Think it was that match, where we had played well against a decent side, and still lost that convinced me avoiding relegation wasn't going to happen.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 13:47 - Jan 19 with 1668 viewsSteve_M

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 13:25 - Jan 19 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

We always did reasonably well in the Cups under Lyall.

Always?

https://prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=matchReport&level=1&day=21&m

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 13:48 - Jan 19 with 1662 viewsDarkBrandon

I’ll be honest it took me a while to warm to Hirst following my irrational dislike of his father as a player. Probably based on the fact that he was pretty good and didn’t play for us.

I was at that game, although I remember little of it. I think Hirst Sr was out for some time, injured while hurdling Wark’s attempted tackle/cynical foul/assault
[Post edited 19 Jan 13:48]
Login to get fewer ads

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 13:48 - Jan 19 with 1658 viewsfarkenhell

Thanks for posting that. Was that the late, great Paul Mariner co-commentating?
31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 13:49 - Jan 19 with 1652 viewsNthQldITFC

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 13:38 - Jan 19 by waveneyblue

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 14:12 - Jan 19 with 1552 viewsIllinoisblue

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 13:38 - Jan 19 by waveneyblue

Favourite food and drink: Scottish fry-up and a can of lager.

62 - 78 - 81

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 15:18 - Jan 19 with 1377 viewsBiGDonnie

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 14:12 - Jan 19 by Illinoisblue

Who's he married too?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 15:21 - Jan 19 with 1365 viewschicoazul

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 14:12 - Jan 19 by Illinoisblue

Disappointed he didn’t go for the 3l Cortina with the v6 tbh.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 15:38 - Jan 19 with 1316 viewsgainsboroughblue

Didn't he injure himself doing that? Went to a replay as well, League Cup replays. How old school.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 16:09 - Jan 19 with 1260 viewschicoazul

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 15:18 - Jan 19 by BiGDonnie

Who's he married too?

His wife.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 16:11 - Jan 19 with 1248 viewsBluespeed225

That pitch! Those white goal net supports! That kit! The North looking 'vibrant' when the pen went it. Were we not doing alright in the league at that point?
31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 16:18 - Jan 19 with 1232 viewsSteve_M

Most difficult opponent is a classic answer.

Standard answers to favourite holiday destinations and singers though.

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 16:44 - Jan 19 with 1170 viewsIllinoisblue

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 13:48 - Jan 19 by farkenhell

Thanks for posting that. Was that the late, great Paul Mariner co-commentating?

I think so, yes, Mariner alongside Gerry Harrison

62 - 78 - 81

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 22:30 - Jan 19 with 915 viewsDinnernotTea

What's a Scottish fry up?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 23:50 - Jan 19 with 837 viewsEireannach_gorm

31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 22:30 - Jan 19 by DinnernotTea

What's a Scottish fry up?

Second can of larger?
31 years ago today; Hirsty’s dad leaving Warky in his dust on 16:18 - Jan 20 with 564 viewsBlue_In_Boston

One of Bontcho's many dives in that game. Ref had to give one in the end but it must have been his fourth or fifth 'tumble'...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024