Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands 20:39 - Jan 22 with 6439 viewsSteve_M

Hladky at fault again, not sure his use of the ball compensates for the soft goals.

Only real chance now is keeping it to 1-0 and going at them later on.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 07:45 - Jan 23 with 1127 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 07:10 - Jan 23 by chicoazul

Only Steve and I dare to say what all others only think.

If no other reply makes Steve think, 'I may have ballsed up here,' this one should do it.
At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 07:57 - Jan 23 with 1068 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Steve seriously?

He was very good and his saves kept us in the game.
At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 07:59 - Jan 23 with 1081 viewsRobTheMonk

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 03:01 - Jan 23 by Kieran_Knows

In the end he pulled off some great saves and without doubt the reason why we was able to pick up a point.

However make no bones about it, he was at fault for their goal. It’s actually harder to try parry the ball as he did, than to just put your hands out and try catch it. Watch any GK coach drill on YouTube or the like, and all GK coaches say the same.

But as I say, without his other contributions we wouldn’t have got the point and given his form this season, very hard to criticise him heavily at all.

Respectfully disagree here. The pace on the ball, height, plus the direction he's diving make it a better option to parry to the side. Just happened that it hit Davis and bounced in.

It's one you can try to catch and drop to the feet of an attacker, or try to get out of the danger area.

Ultimately, it was a decent move from Leicester and a cross into a very good area.
At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 08:23 - Jan 23 with 1042 viewsDubtractor

Steve!

The first rule of twtd club, is that you don't go for big opinions mid game. A tough lesson learned!

Have to say though, some of the responses in here are way ott and unnecessarily aggressive.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 08:28 - Jan 23 with 1033 viewsGlasgowBlue

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 08:23 - Jan 23 by Dubtractor

Steve!

The first rule of twtd club, is that you don't go for big opinions mid game. A tough lesson learned!

Have to say though, some of the responses in here are way ott and unnecessarily aggressive.

I think Steve has been secretly jealous of all the attention and downvotes that Frimley gets, and for one night only wanted a taste of that himself.

I don’t think Steve has accumulated so many downvotes in his entire time on TWTD as he has on this one post.
[Post edited 23 Jan 8:29]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 08:38 - Jan 23 with 1006 viewsKieran_Knows

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 07:59 - Jan 23 by RobTheMonk

Respectfully disagree here. The pace on the ball, height, plus the direction he's diving make it a better option to parry to the side. Just happened that it hit Davis and bounced in.

It's one you can try to catch and drop to the feet of an attacker, or try to get out of the danger area.

Ultimately, it was a decent move from Leicester and a cross into a very good area.

All fair points, but again, I'd probably respectfully disagree with you also! You say the pace on the ball, but I wouldn't say it was exactly 'fizzed' across the face of goal, and the height of it, even when diving sideways was at a comfortable height, all in my opinion of course.

If you're parrying it out at that angle, all your doing is putting it back into the 6/18 yard box to which they could score from anyway.

Didn't matter in the end though, as he massively contributed towards the rest of the game.

Opinions though, hey?!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 08:41 - Jan 23 with 995 viewsFrimleyBlue

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 08:38 - Jan 23 by Kieran_Knows

All fair points, but again, I'd probably respectfully disagree with you also! You say the pace on the ball, but I wouldn't say it was exactly 'fizzed' across the face of goal, and the height of it, even when diving sideways was at a comfortable height, all in my opinion of course.

If you're parrying it out at that angle, all your doing is putting it back into the 6/18 yard box to which they could score from anyway.

Didn't matter in the end though, as he massively contributed towards the rest of the game.

Opinions though, hey?!

I don't think anyone can say with confidence that it wasn't a hladky flap. It goes through his hands.
But it was one error in another fantastic game for him.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 08:46 - Jan 23 with 975 viewsRobTheMonk

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 08:38 - Jan 23 by Kieran_Knows

Opinions though, hey?!

We'll respectfully agree to disagree haha!
Login to get fewer ads

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 10:21 - Jan 23 with 912 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 07:10 - Jan 23 by chicoazul

Only Steve and I dare to say what all others only think.

True, we all have stupid thoughts.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 11:04 - Jan 23 with 861 viewsLankHenners

Thought this was a fair enough point to make at the time, unfortunately the baying mob have no independent thought so just see downvotes and start adding to them.

Also people saying stuff like Hladky kept it from being 5-0 or whatever is far more dumb than anything in the OP.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 11:21 - Jan 23 with 815 viewsBluesky

Hello? This is the 2023-24 season, try to keep up.
At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 11:42 - Jan 23 with 765 viewsSteve_M

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 11:04 - Jan 23 by LankHenners

Thought this was a fair enough point to make at the time, unfortunately the baying mob have no independent thought so just see downvotes and start adding to them.

Also people saying stuff like Hladky kept it from being 5-0 or whatever is far more dumb than anything in the OP.

Ha, if we've not signed a striker by this time next week I might try criticising Ashton on here.

Definitely lacking nuance but posting whilst watching the game is never the time for that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 12:10 - Jan 23 with 700 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 11:04 - Jan 23 by LankHenners

Just because lots of people disagree with the OP doesn't mean they have "no independent thought". I independently thought it was nonsense from reading the title, so wasn't swayed by the downvotes. Sometimes, when something gets this many downvotes, it's usually just an indication that it's wrong.

Anyone suggesting we have a keeper who can't use his hands after the incredible season Vas has had is clearly talking nonsense, and if you thought it was a fair point then the same applies to you.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 12:11 - Jan 23 with 696 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 11:42 - Jan 23 by Steve_M

Ha, if we've not signed a striker by this time next week I might try criticising Ashton on here.

Definitely lacking nuance but posting whilst watching the game is never the time for that.

We all make mistakes, I have had my moments wondering about Hladky too given how many we conceded in the beginning but I don’t see Walton being able to play the game that we play now anywhere near as good as Hladky can.

I feel bad for Walton as he’d come here to make this his permanent home and given his wages I am doubtful he’ll be here in the summer if Hladky keeps up this sort of form.
At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 12:22 - Jan 23 with 658 viewschicoazul

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 07:45 - Jan 23 by DropCliffsNotBombs

If no other reply makes Steve think, 'I may have ballsed up here,' this one should do it.

For real

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 12:34 - Jan 23 with 606 viewsFunge

Yeah it's wild - I mean I disagree with Steve, and Hladky made a couple of banging saves last night (that one from Chowdhury in the first half was particularly good...) but poor old boy, reckon he's flatter than Flat Stanley after that pile-on.
At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 12:41 - Jan 23 with 579 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Will say it again, the fact we have a chatroom rather than a matchday thread like most club forums means spur of the moment annoyed insta thoughts get posted as threads and become hot takes that linger way after the match rather than a single post which everyone moves on from.
At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 12:50 - Jan 23 with 558 viewsitfcbam

I think what he is trying to say is Hladky has been in great form but overall of the 2 Walton is the better keeper. However Hladky's form has been good enough to keep Walton out for now. Tbh if Walton was better with the ball at his feet they would have been switched by now, as proved by Hladky's long ball to Burns in 2nd half.
At some point we’ll need to go back to a keeper who can use his hands on 12:52 - Jan 23 with 545 viewsLeBlue

Apologies, up-voted by mistake!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024