Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? 07:59 - Jan 26 with 2636 viewsKeno

Now I know we all agree pineapple makes a pizza special and adds so much when added to a burger but not sure I’d want a ring with my bacon and eggs

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/01/25/pineapple-part-of-an-english-breakfa

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 08:16 - Jan 26 with 2108 viewsChurchman

It might work, but I don’t really fancy it. I’d give it a go though.

Poached salmon cooked on pineapple rings really works well. No idea why.

Ahhh, the full English breakfast. Done right, a thing of beauty……
Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 08:18 - Jan 26 with 2103 viewsNthQldITFC

Peeled or unpeeled?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 08:35 - Jan 26 with 2082 viewsLord_Lucan

Pile of sh1te.

I could understand it if it were grapefruit, you can have grapefruit with anything*****

I always though associate pineapple with lazy bastards and communists.

*****It is near impossible to get a grapefruit drink. Sanpellegrino used to do one but that seems to have vanished. Mr Ahmed over the road has a huge fridge (turned off ) with drinks from every fruit and berry on the planet - except grapefruit.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 08:47 - Jan 26 with 2056 views_clive_baker_

Anyone who puts pineapple with a pizza, burger of breakfast is a massive pervert. Pass it on.
Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 08:48 - Jan 26 with 2050 viewsChurchman

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 08:35 - Jan 26 by Lord_Lucan

Pile of sh1te.

I could understand it if it were grapefruit, you can have grapefruit with anything*****

*****It is near impossible to get a grapefruit drink. Sanpellegrino used to do one but that seems to have vanished. Mr Ahmed over the road has a huge fridge (turned off ) with drinks from every fruit and berry on the planet - except grapefruit.

Quite right too. Grapefruit is the devils juice. Awful tasting stuff. I remember having it forced on me as a child (I presume it was quite cheap back in the day?).

As for pineapple, lazy bastards and communists, I’m not a communist!!
Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 08:51 - Jan 26 with 2042 viewsbluelagos

Pile of sh1te.

"I always though associate pineapple with lazy bastards and communists"

Not sure you'll ever make it as "Man from Del Monte" Lucan.
[Post edited 26 Jan 8:53]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 08:52 - Jan 26 with 2034 viewsDanTheMan

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 08:48 - Jan 26 by Churchman

Quite right too. Grapefruit is the devils juice. Awful tasting stuff. I remember having it forced on me as a child (I presume it was quite cheap back in the day?).

Pink grapefruit is delicious!

Still fairly cheap, especially tinned.
[Post edited 26 Jan 9:25]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 08:57 - Jan 26 with 1997 views_clive_baker_

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 08:48 - Jan 26 by Churchman

The only thing worse than grapefruit juice is grapefruit juice shortly after you’ve brushed your teeth.

Vile stuff.
Login to get fewer ads

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 09:21 - Jan 26 with 1915 viewsGeoffSentence

In Ye Olden Days, pineapples were difficult to get hold of and as such a sign of great wealth. So if anyone had them as part of full english breakfast back then it would have been the well endowed showing off their vast riches.

Personally, I don't object to a bit of fruit on a breakfast plate though, I often have a grilled apple or pear, done in an air fryer, alongside my sausage and bacon.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 09:25 - Jan 26 with 1897 viewsMattinLondon

Pile of sh1te.

Available on

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pellegrino-Pomplemo-Grapefruit-330ml-Pack/dp/B008IDJPSO

Also Sainsburys sell a grapefruit drink - think it’s called Ting.
Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 09:54 - Jan 26 with 1832 viewsblueasfook

Nope. Acceptable ingredients on a full english...

Bacon,
Sausage,
Hash browns,
Mushrooms,
Beans,
Black Pudding,
White Pudding

That's it. Speaking of hash browns, i have found these cheesy ones in Aldi that are immense. Makes a nice change to the usual ones

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 09:56 - Jan 26 with 1825 viewsGeoffSentence

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 09:54 - Jan 26 by blueasfook

Nope. Acceptable ingredients on a full english...

Bacon,
Sausage,
Hash browns,
Mushrooms,
Beans,
Black Pudding,
White Pudding

That's it. Speaking of hash browns, i have found these cheesy ones in Aldi that are immense. Makes a nice change to the usual ones

You've missed tomatoes, which are a must.

And more egrigously, eggs. You can't have a full english without an egg. That's a partial english.

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 09:57 - Jan 26 with 1823 viewsDanTheMan

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 09:56 - Jan 26 by GeoffSentence

And more egrigously, eggs. You can't have a full english without an egg. That's a partial english.

I hate grilled tomatoes, especially the crap ones we get in this country when they aren't in season.

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 09:59 - Jan 26 with 1813 viewsGeoffSentence

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 09:57 - Jan 26 by DanTheMan

I hate grilled tomatoes, especially the crap ones we get in this country when they aren't in season.

Out of season, tinned tomatoes are acceptable.

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 10:01 - Jan 26 with 1789 viewsKeno

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 09:59 - Jan 26 by GeoffSentence

I can take to leave tomatoes but cant believe fried bread was missed of that list!!

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 10:01 - Jan 26 with 1787 viewsDanTheMan

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 09:59 - Jan 26 by GeoffSentence

About the only way to get nice ones!

I tend to get the Mutti ones when I can find them in bulk and cheap.

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 10:03 - Jan 26 with 1783 viewsblueasfook

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 09:56 - Jan 26 by GeoffSentence

Doh yeah, i knew that list looked a bit small! Eggs and tomatoes for sure.

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 10:06 - Jan 26 with 1766 viewsleitrimblue

Your mask as slipped Ken, your mask as slipped.
Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 10:09 - Jan 26 with 1742 viewsNthQldITFC

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 08:52 - Jan 26 by DanTheMan

Pink grapefruit is delicious!

Still fairly cheap, especially tinned.
[Post edited 26 Jan 9:25]

I used to despise grapefruit too, but grew addicted to it living in a shack in Australia. Didn't do me any harm. (or so he thinks)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 10:09 - Jan 26 with 1737 viewsLord_Lucan

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 09:25 - Jan 26 by MattinLondon

Available on

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pellegrino-Pomplemo-Grapefruit-330ml-Pack/dp/B008IDJPSO

Also Sainsburys sell a grapefruit drink - think it’s called Ting.

Re Ting

My lad told me about this but no one ever has it in stock!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 10:10 - Jan 26 with 1729 viewsblueasfook

When I lived in Spain, the tomatoes out there were amazing. Big ,juicy and tasty. I used to eat one like an apple.

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 10:13 - Jan 26 with 1708 viewsDanTheMan

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 10:10 - Jan 26 by blueasfook

When I lived in Spain, the tomatoes out there were amazing. Big ,juicy and tasty. I used to eat one like an apple.

Basically anywhere on the Mediterranean has great tomatoes. Tend to gorge if I'm ever in those parts like you did.

Caprese salad or Bruschetta in Italy is just incredible. Would eat that every day.

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 10:13 - Jan 26 with 1698 viewsLord_Lucan

Tomato is a fruit that should be eaten at room temperature - and should be nowhere near a breakfast......

......unless of course they are tinned and they are then a staple part of a fry up**

**See also tinned tomato on toast with dried chili flakers.

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 10:30 - Jan 26 with 1648 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 09:21 - Jan 26 by GeoffSentence

In Ye Olden Days, pineapples were difficult to get hold of and as such a sign of great wealth. So if anyone had them as part of full english breakfast back then it would have been the well endowed showing off their vast riches.

Personally, I don't object to a bit of fruit on a breakfast plate though, I often have a grilled apple or pear, done in an air fryer, alongside my sausage and bacon.

Cooked fruit with a fry up? That's just deconstructed Brown Sauce!
Pineapple as part of full English breakfast? on 10:33 - Jan 26 with 1638 viewsBlueandTruesince82

This is an absolute abomination

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024