Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon 08:23 - Jan 28 with 2087 viewstractorboy1978

Saying we've offered Gallagher 'a big contract'. As a few have said on here before, expect that one will end up getting done.
Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 08:25 - Jan 28 with 2034 viewsLord_Lucan

I prefer the look of the Womble.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 08:25 - Jan 28 with 2020 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 08:25 - Jan 28 by Lord_Lucan

We’ll get both 👍
Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 08:28 - Jan 28 with 1994 viewsMullet

It's Blackburn not the player that's been the issue. Either Nixon is guessing or trotting out a line fed to him by Blackburn from their end.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 08:35 - Jan 28 with 1924 viewsle2blue

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 08:28 - Jan 28 by Mullet

It's Blackburn not the player that's been the issue. Either Nixon is guessing or trotting out a line fed to him by Blackburn from their end.

Player terms have been done for some time. Internal craziness at Rovers with the court case and access to funds for replacement and running the club have caused the delay. I suspect it gets done late, they won't want an unhappy player or the chance to cash in, before having to take up a contract option they can't afford.
Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 08:45 - Jan 28 with 1819 viewsGlasgowBlue

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 08:25 - Jan 28 by Lord_Lucan

We need both.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 08:53 - Jan 28 with 1740 viewsLord_Lucan

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 08:45 - Jan 28 by GlasgowBlue

We need both.

How can we go from free scoring Ipswich to no scoring Ipswich with the loss of one man - who rarely scored.

We have a mental block at the moment.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 08:54 - Jan 28 with 1712 viewsKieran_Knows

Deal will clearly get done before the deadline….

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 09:00 - Jan 28 with 1611 viewsJimmy86

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 08:54 - Jan 28 by Kieran_Knows

Why don't we go for Yates, who has been more prolific than Gallagher has been instead?!

We have been linked with Yates in the past haven't we? Before he went to Swansea...
Login to get fewer ads

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 09:45 - Jan 28 with 1324 viewsBondiBlue

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 09:00 - Jan 28 by Jimmy86

Why don't we go for Yates, who has been more prolific than Gallagher has been instead?!

We have been linked with Yates in the past haven't we? Before he went to Swansea...

Different type of player.

And for what feels like the 300th time, it's not all about how many goals they score.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 09:50 - Jan 28 with 1240 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 09:45 - Jan 28 by BondiBlue

And for what feels like the 300th time, it's not all about how many goals they score.

And I don't think there was ever anything in the Yates links, just social media rumours.
Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 09:51 - Jan 28 with 1233 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 08:54 - Jan 28 by Kieran_Knows

Was still no progress as of a couple of days ago with Blackburn unwilling to sell. If they get Yates done then that could well change things.
Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 10:04 - Jan 28 with 1129 viewsJimmy86

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 09:45 - Jan 28 by BondiBlue

I know the way we play and the role our striker plays, but surely yesterday proves that we need to be more clinical? Yes our striker presses from the front and creates space for the 3 behind etc, but you have to be naive to say it doesn't matter about how many goals the striker scores, that's their job and why they get paid the big bucks
Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 10:15 - Jan 28 with 1033 viewsGuthrum

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 08:53 - Jan 28 by Lord_Lucan

How can we go from free scoring Ipswich to no scoring Ipswich with the loss of one man - who rarely scored.

We have a mental block at the moment.

The truth is, we haven't.

Hurst is the most obvious absence, but that has masked other, equally significant ones. Morsy's suspension, the Davis injury, Williams' disappearance. Plus a slight drop in form for Hutchinson (which he has now overcome) and a longer one for Broadhead (who seems to have lost his shooting radar).

It's only a couple of games since Hirst went off we've failed to score at all, one of them with the squad badly hit by illness. Otherwise we've played the divisional leaders twice and yesterday just came up against a 'keeper on fire in a team willing to give up all possession to block.

What happened over the last five weeks was as much circumstantial as mental. And we have got a really good find in Sarmiento, who certainly knows where the goal is and has an eye for opportunity.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 10:17 - Jan 28 with 1004 viewsFrimleyBlue

Well we wouldn't have done if Blackburn haven't agreed a fee. That would be against the fa rules and the club could be fined for it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 10:20 - Jan 28 with 956 viewstractorboy1978

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 10:17 - Jan 28 by FrimleyBlue

Well we wouldn't have done if Blackburn haven't agreed a fee. That would be against the fa rules and the club could be fined for it.

Happens all the time though. Players are aware via agents of what they can get elsewhere.
Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 10:23 - Jan 28 with 893 viewsFrimleyBlue

Everyone's favourite journalist Alan Nixon on 10:20 - Jan 28 by tractorboy1978

Happens all the time though. Players are aware via agents of what they can get elsewhere.

Of course. But we haven't formally offered him anything. For all he knows the bid could be accepted and our offer is actually less than previously discussed.

Just think if you're gonna report on something it needs ro be factual to the rules

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024