Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. 09:15 - Feb 1 with 1914 viewsFromReuserWithLove

I know KM knows what he wants and needs etc but I didn't think Moore would fit the profile he's after. I've always just ssen him as a big target man and not much else. Happy to see him join obviously, just thought we'd want someone more technical and athletic.
Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 09:18 - Feb 1 with 1823 viewsitfckenty

technically, that's what McK wants - someone to hold the ball up in play. attract the defence so we can get players in behind. opposition would smother him, giving us more room to break. could be a sound move - especially as a 6 month loan.
Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 09:20 - Feb 1 with 1792 viewsITFCBlues

Maybe doesn't have the profile to run in behind like Hirst, but how many big strikers have that ability?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 09:21 - Feb 1 with 1785 viewsBasuco

From his time at Town, my old dodgy memory of Kieffer is that he was not a very good target man in the "lump up front" mould. For that reason he was moved on. I think he would be a great addition to our squad and would fit in to the KM patterns of play very nicely.
Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 09:23 - Feb 1 with 1748 viewsJakeITFC

Needs must at this stage, plus he is clearly an effective Championship performer.

He's got close to 50 goals at this level and has played semi-regularly in the Premier League in the last two seasons, so whilst he's billed as the big oaf who can't play at all, I don't think that's really fair because the game is so different (especially in the Prem) that you can't get away with being a carthorse who doesn't run anymore. He's not a carbon copy of Hirst but have no doubt in your mind that we will be much better/more effective at lots things than Hirst is.
Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 09:25 - Feb 1 with 1694 viewsDanTheMan

Imagine not quite what we're after in terms of a striker but we only need to plug a gap really and he isn't bad. Between him and Al-Hamadi, that'd see us through until summer when we can look again.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 09:38 - Feb 1 with 1509 viewsRYITFC

I suspect that's why we pursued Gallagher for so long, he's a bit more athletic and still ticks the target man box as well and there isn't that many strikers that can tick both of them boxes.

But we really do desperately need someone to just galvanize the attacking unit which hasn't looked the same since Hirst got injured and I think he'll do that job well. Just win knock downs, little lay offs to Broady and Chappers & of course a big target for Wes and Leif to hit.

With Al Hamadi as an alternative option to run in behind, I think it's a good combination of different qualities at our disposal.

Poll: If you could only sign one of the centre back's linked, who would it be?

Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 09:56 - Feb 1 with 1381 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 09:25 - Feb 1 by DanTheMan

Imagine not quite what we're after in terms of a striker but we only need to plug a gap really and he isn't bad. Between him and Al-Hamadi, that'd see us through until summer when we can look again.

That’s the point isn’t it. He’s a stopgap until the summer.

We won’t get better imho

Poll: Our final position

Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 10:44 - Feb 1 with 1232 viewsBasuco

Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 09:18 - Feb 1 by itfckenty

technically, that's what McK wants - someone to hold the ball up in play. attract the defence so we can get players in behind. opposition would smother him, giving us more room to break. could be a sound move - especially as a 6 month loan.

Especially at set pieces, Kieffer would keep at least two defenders occupied while the real target finds the space.
Login to get fewer ads

Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 10:46 - Feb 1 with 1203 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

If you want someone who is going to occupy defenders and create space for others. There aren't many better players available than Moore.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 10:52 - Feb 1 with 1145 viewsHerbivore

Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 09:23 - Feb 1 by JakeITFC

Needs must at this stage, plus he is clearly an effective Championship performer.

He's got close to 50 goals at this level and has played semi-regularly in the Premier League in the last two seasons, so whilst he's billed as the big oaf who can't play at all, I don't think that's really fair because the game is so different (especially in the Prem) that you can't get away with being a carthorse who doesn't run anymore. He's not a carbon copy of Hirst but have no doubt in your mind that we will be much better/more effective at lots things than Hirst is.

He's also been at Bournemouth the last couple of years and they aren't exactly a hoofball side. Seen a couple of cameos from him this season and his movement is decent, has a turn of pace, and is a specimen physically. At this stage I struggle to see how we could get someone better even if he isn't a 100% perfect fit. I also imagine some of those moaning are the same fans who complain we have no plan b and just need to get it into the box sometimes, Moore gives us that option as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 10:56 - Feb 1 with 1110 viewsitfcjoe

There has to be an overlap between the profile of player you want, and the quality of said players.

Because there might be some good number 9s kicking about, but we need them to be a top Championship performer which Keiffer has been and is.

It's more important that the player clears the quality bar (i.e. is good enough) than the exact fit bar

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 10:58 - Feb 1 with 1082 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Bournemouth were wanting a big wedge for his loan, perhaps we loaded the proposed deal with a big fat promotion bonus.

Moore, whilst a different style to Hirst is about as good as you'll get at this stage of the transfer window.
Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 11:01 - Feb 1 with 1056 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 10:56 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

There has to be an overlap between the profile of player you want, and the quality of said players.

Because there might be some good number 9s kicking about, but we need them to be a top Championship performer which Keiffer has been and is.

It's more important that the player clears the quality bar (i.e. is good enough) than the exact fit bar

That's a fair point and KM will have faith in himself to coach him in the areas required.

I guess he will be a more experienced, mobile and physical presence than Ladapo and can get close enough to Hirst's pressing abilty. Ali will then come on to offer that rapid pace and explosiveness.

Moore is 100% a step-up in experience and readiness.
Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 11:02 - Feb 1 with 1036 viewsPinewoodblue

Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 10:56 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

With the added advantage, if he signs permanently in the summer, he will set a different challenge to defenders coming on as a substitute for Hirst.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 11:04 - Feb 1 with 1019 viewsVic

He's clearly not KM's first choice, but he can only get the players he can get.

We must forget the Moore that was here before; this version is a different, much more accomplished player. He's got good Prem and international experience - and he wouldn't have those if he was just a big target man. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't prove to be a canny addition to 'the group' over the next 5 months. He certainly gives us a Plan B for the times we need it.

Not my #1 choice target, but I'm not complaining.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 11:05 - Feb 1 with 1005 viewsLankHenners

Repeating myself here but it reminds me of the Kenwyne Jones to Bournemouth loan in the 14/15 season - didn't really fit their style perfectly but gave them a different option and a bit of a battering ram to see them through tough games and get them over the line.

Difference is they still had Callum Wilson banging them in so had their main striker whereas ours is out but an experienced head with his attributes will be an asset over the remaining months.

Sure we probably wanted someone a bit closer in profile to Hirst as first choice (Gallagher) but don't think we can really turn our noses up at someone of Moore's quality coming in.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 11:06 - Feb 1 with 992 viewsArnieM

I think KM is exactly what we need up front going into the second half of the season. We need a big physical presence up front, and one that will occupy those CB’s. This will free up Chaplin , Broadhead , Sarmiento , Hutch etc …he’ll also provide a very good threat at dead ball situation in the box. He can header the ball!!

I really hope we can get this one over the line.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 11:07 - Feb 1 with 968 viewsglasso

Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 10:44 - Feb 1 by Basuco

Especially at set pieces, Kieffer would keep at least two defenders occupied while the real target finds the space.

This is what's so brilliant/hilarious about our tactics. We need a massive striker to occupy defenders so that an actual midget can sneak in and score even more headers.
Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 11:18 - Feb 1 with 872 viewsEssexBloo

Is he likely to start games? I can’t see that he would press and work as hard as Hirst or what Jackson has done. Therefore is Ali going to be starting games or are we sticking with Jackson. Lots to consider.
Have to say i'm surprised we're interested in Moore. on 11:37 - Feb 1 with 802 viewscordonblue

'We would probably want someone with a more similar profile to Hirst'

All I have heard since 1st of Jan, obvious and tiresome.

Moore has some similar attributes to Hirst and some different strengths as well. Mckenna will find a way we can get the best out of him and he can bring the best out of us, that's what a good coach does.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024