Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last 8 Form Table 21:02 - Feb 3 with 4837 viewsPunch

We’re 18th in the last 8 game Championship form table - 19th in the league and 14 points behind Southampton who are obviously top. We had a buffer, it’s now gone so can’t afford anymore slip ups. If this form continues for the next 2 or 3 games automatic will have gone. Still think we can do it but we need a run like last season in league one - can we do this against better teams in the championship?!?
Last 8 Form Table on 17:37 - Feb 4 with 751 viewspeterleeblue

Last 8 Form Table on 10:50 - Feb 4 by HemelBlue

We are nailed on for top 6 but I feel we will struggle to keep pace with Leeds and (even more so) Southampton for good reason. We had a real winning habit coming into the season and real stability and contentment, which gives momentum. They both had a losing habit and a rebuild to do. But they also had the trappings and budget from coming out of the prem. We have seen all three sides simply have a reversion to their mean where over the long season they reach their potential and we lose our momentum.

That is why we should be and can only be delighted with 4th. Then we will win the playoffs. It will be epic.

I think we need to stop using phrases like " nailed on".

Yes we should make the play offs from here.

But we have had a few nailed ons over the last 6 weeks and it hasn't worked out quite as would have expected.

Let's came our feet on the ground and keep to the game by game mantra.
Last 8 Form Table on 18:27 - Feb 4 with 690 viewsAVJones

Last 8 Form Table on 08:50 - Feb 4 by ITFCSG

Fingers crossed but the defence must stop playing tippy tappy in the final third. It cost us a goal v Watford and yesterday, and we got lucky v Sunderland as well.

When teams attack us with speed on the wing we look like rabbits in the headlights.

Stop the fannying around and get the ball up on the floor as fast as possible. This isn’t League One anymore, teams press much better and our back line are prone to mistakes once this happens.

Hoof!

Give your head a wobble
Last 8 Form Table on 18:31 - Feb 4 with 663 viewsTractorWood

Last 8 Form Table on 11:39 - Feb 4 by King_of_Portman_Rd

*Bookmark this post if necessary*

Not a chance we don’t make the playoffs. Guaranteed even at this point

We have 59 points with 17 games still to play.

Last season 69 points was enough for 6th.. over the past Decade the average is 74 points to finish 6th

We need to show catastrophic relegation form to not reach 70+ points

In fact I’d say with quite a bit of confidence that we will get 80+ points in not hit that magical number of 90.. but like last season this will probably be a freak season which breaks records for points tallies for sides finishing 3rd and 4th

Agree but scraping into the playoffs in 5/6th with no momentum is kind of pointless when we would inevitably just get knocked out by any of the teams around us. Leeds, Soton and WBA are all clearly much better than us over 180 minutes.

Only route to promotion is auto in my mind. Upatowen.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Last 8 Form Table on 18:32 - Feb 4 with 661 viewsAVJones

Last 8 Form Table on 14:26 - Feb 4 by WestSussexBlue

There’s a couple of ways to look at form tables. Personally I think it’s always a case of look at what the fixtures have been within that period so for Town,

Preston; No excuses, it was a bad First half
Sunderland; Pressure on us against Play off contenders
Leicester; Toughest fixture all season against Champions elect
Stoke; Tough place to go granted but hoped for more than a point
QPR; Points dropped no question but illness in the camp
Leicester League leaders and Yet we take a point
Leeds; Another massively tough test and we came unstuck badly but squad difference huge
Norwich; A local Derby is always a leveller so disappointing but not unexpected.

Whereas Southampton for example have had in a run of 8 games,
Rotherham
Swansea
Sheff Wed
Norwich
Plymouth
Swansea
QPR
Blackburn,
None of those sides have been anywhere Top Six. It’s no wonder their form looks so good and ours by comparison looks poor.
We’ve had a dip certainly, now there are fixtures coming up that COULD be more favourable plus we’ve strengthened the areas to keep us fighting right to the very end.
FWIW I also think we’ll see Hirsty back sooner than we think.
[Post edited 4 Feb 14:29]

Excuses, excuses!

Though I agree with all the above plus I’d add we’re not playing as well, the luck we enjoyed earlier in the season is now not going our way, teams have worked us out.

Top 6 would still be a remarkable season.
Last 8 Form Table on 19:11 - Feb 4 with 619 viewsWestSussexBlue

Last 8 Form Table on 18:32 - Feb 4 by AVJones

Excuses, excuses!

Though I agree with all the above plus I’d add we’re not playing as well, the luck we enjoyed earlier in the season is now not going our way, teams have worked us out.

Top 6 would still be a remarkable season.

No excuses in there to be fair. It’s all factual.
Last 8 Form Table on 21:28 - Feb 4 with 563 viewstextbackup

Last 8 Form Table on 11:39 - Feb 4 by King_of_Portman_Rd

*Bookmark this post if necessary*

Not a chance we don’t make the playoffs. Guaranteed even at this point

We have 59 points with 17 games still to play.

Last season 69 points was enough for 6th.. over the past Decade the average is 74 points to finish 6th

We need to show catastrophic relegation form to not reach 70+ points

In fact I’d say with quite a bit of confidence that we will get 80+ points in not hit that magical number of 90.. but like last season this will probably be a freak season which breaks records for points tallies for sides finishing 3rd and 4th

We don’t want to ‘just make the playoffs’ like we did in 14/15… we must take some sort of good form into them.

We’ve been there so many times to know taking confidence into them is so so important

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Last 8 Form Table on 21:39 - Feb 4 with 547 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Last 8 form has us 18th. The first 27 form table has us 2nd.

Hopefully this season's first 46 matches will see us top two.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Last 8 Form Table on 22:12 - Feb 4 with 521 viewsVegtablue

Last 8 Form Table on 18:31 - Feb 4 by TractorWood

Agree but scraping into the playoffs in 5/6th with no momentum is kind of pointless when we would inevitably just get knocked out by any of the teams around us. Leeds, Soton and WBA are all clearly much better than us over 180 minutes.

Only route to promotion is auto in my mind. Upatowen.

We will see how much better West Brom are than us on Saturday. Dominated at their place but only one game. 6th would be a very bad place to finish for sure but I also wouldn't put my house on Saints/Leeds to cruise past whoever they end up with in their semi-final. Such pressure!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024