Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 goals against in 2 games 17:12 - Feb 10 with 1322 viewsWeirdFishes

All of which came from frankly pathetic defending.

This can’t continue, nor can just turning up for 20 minutes per game.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:15 - Feb 10 with 1286 viewstextbackup

It’s not ‘bad luck’ like I’ve seen mentioned.

Just like having a million shots and not scoring isnt either.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:17 - Feb 10 with 1262 viewsMK1

Totally dominate performance against an experienced Championship side. Not all bad.
5 goals against in 2 games on 17:18 - Feb 10 with 1257 viewsNthsuffolkblue

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:17 - Feb 10 by MK1

Totally dominate performance against an experienced Championship side. Not all bad.

It really wasn't totally dominant, though, was it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Our defenders are.... on 17:19 - Feb 10 with 1259 viewsBloots

....nowhere near as good as our fans think they are.

The CB's make at least one "big" error each per match, Clarke takes 45 minutes to get up to speed every week and Davis thinks he's a left winger.

We really could have done without Williams getting that soft tissue injury.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:21 - Feb 10 with 1240 viewsHerbivore

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:15 - Feb 10 by textbackup

Two of the goals last week were bad luck, given that ordinarily both would have been disallowed. The the other three were poor goals to concede.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:21 - Feb 10 with 1239 viewsMK1

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:18 - Feb 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

It looked like it from my seat in the west stand and the stats would back that up. Perhaps I am just a more positive type than you.
5 goals against in 2 games on 17:24 - Feb 10 with 1216 viewstextbackup

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:21 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

Two of the goals last week were bad luck, given that ordinarily both would have been disallowed. The the other three were poor goals to concede.

We’ll never know, but if we’d turned up for the first half last week we might have got a couple of goals prior to the 2 bits of bad luck.

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:25 - Feb 10 with 1190 viewsHerbivore

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:24 - Feb 10 by textbackup

We’ll never know, but if we’d turned up for the first half last week we might have got a couple of goals prior to the 2 bits of bad luck.

Didn't they score after three and eight minutes or something? Not like much had happened in the game prior to those goals.

Login to get fewer ads

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:28 - Feb 10 with 1154 viewstextbackup

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:25 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

Didn't they score after three and eight minutes or something? Not like much had happened in the game prior to those goals.

Right… that’s kind of my point, is that not the problem? We aren’t allowed to go at teams from the off these days?

I know I’ll be wrong, so pointless even discussing really isn’t it

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:29 - Feb 10 with 1146 viewspointofblue

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:28 - Feb 10 by textbackup

Right… that’s kind of my point, is that not the problem? We aren’t allowed to go at teams from the off these days?

Today was the same - we were so sluggish to start with. Ironically, we'd just worked ourselves into it when Woolfenden made his error. Actually, both lapses happened whilst we were on top.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:30 - Feb 10 with 1138 viewsStewart27

State of this thread.

We drew 2-2 at home to the 5th placed team in the league having pretty much dominated other than the first 15 minutes.

Get a grip you bunch of massive fannies.
5 goals against in 2 games on 17:31 - Feb 10 with 1135 viewsHerbivore

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:28 - Feb 10 by textbackup

We can go at teams but when the opposition score a goal that shouldn't stand after about 3 minutes it makes life hard. It makes life even harder when they score a second goal that shouldn't stand after about 8 minutes. It doesn't really give us much of a chance to impose ourselves on the game.

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:36 - Feb 10 with 1110 viewsVaughan8

I can't agree with others saying we dominated. Second half we were the team on top yes but don't think we dominated until the end.

Defensive errors keep happening and something needs to be done really. Edmunson unfortunately is part of it and I see Burgess coming back in.

And why oh why do we always start the first 10-15 mins so badly? They need a new song in the dressing room....
5 goals against in 2 games on 18:56 - Feb 10 with 968 viewsHighgateBlue

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:15 - Feb 10 by textbackup

THIS! The scoreboard doesn't even register a shot unless it goes in, and we know that at the beginning of every season, every transfer window, and every match.

When assessing whether we're better than the other side, it is not legitimate simply to leave out of account the extent to which each side converted their chances. Too often it's said we played better than the other side, when in reality we were worse at keeping the other side's chances out, and worse at sticking ours in. That's mad, given what actually determines who wins.

And it's such a familiar tale. If someone had asked me before the game what would happen, and if I was not managing to let optimism drown out realism, I would have said that WBA will have 2 shots on target and score them both, that we would have twice as much possession, several times as many shots on target and we still wouldn't win. That is exactly what happened, and even the most optimistic of fans is not entitled to their own facts. If this happens every week, it is not luck, it is the failure to sort out an extremely pair of problems - poor defending and poor finishing.

And clearly no poor ref to blame today, despite the best efforts of some.
5 goals against in 2 games on 18:59 - Feb 10 with 947 viewsNthsuffolkblue

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:21 - Feb 10 by MK1

It looked like it from my seat in the west stand and the stats would back that up. Perhaps I am just a more positive type than you.

West Brom had the better of the opening exchanges and could easily have taken an early lead. We rarely threatened at all first half. Their scorer missed a couple of good chances. Wiemann handled one into the net which could easily have been one he headed in instead. We defended that very poorly. Our first goal might have been ruled out for handball by Edmundson. We ended up having to chase the game from behind twice. If West Brom hadn't suffered at least 2 injuries to defensive players they may well have been far more effective at shutting up shop. If they had kept attacking and taken a 2-goal lead instead of sitting on a 1-goal one I think we would have struggled even more.

From my perspective it was a very even game that could have gone either way. We finished it the stronger side but to suggest we dominated the match certainly wasn't my impression.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

5 goals against in 2 games on 19:09 - Feb 10 with 911 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Yep really poor.

Idc about us having an easier run. If we defend like we are at the moment we will lose to these ‘easier teams’ and have to start looking over our shoulder. Happening far too many times.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

5 goals against in 2 games on 20:26 - Feb 10 with 820 viewsredrickstuhaart

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:18 - Feb 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

It was actually.
Our defenders are.... on 20:38 - Feb 10 with 772 viewsReusersTown

Our defenders are.... on 17:19 - Feb 10 by Bloots

The CB's make at least one "big" error each per match, Clarke takes 45 minutes to get up to speed every week and Davis thinks he's a left winger.

The absolute state of that.
5 goals against in 2 games on 20:39 - Feb 10 with 763 viewsReusersTown

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:24 - Feb 10 by textbackup

What has that got to do with the OP?
5 goals against in 2 games on 20:40 - Feb 10 with 755 viewsBugs

5 goals against in 2 games on 20:26 - Feb 10 by redrickstuhaart

It was actually.

The attack momentum speaks volumes on our dominance.

https://www.sofascore.com/ipswich-town-west-bromwich-albion/isH
5 goals against in 2 games on 20:42 - Feb 10 with 749 viewsReusersTown

5 goals against in 2 games on 17:30 - Feb 10 by Stewart27

State of this thread.

We drew 2-2 at home to the 5th placed team in the league having pretty much dominated other than the first 15 minutes.

Get a grip you bunch of massive fannies.

I do feel a degree of that dominance was down to West Brom sitting in whenever they were a goal up. But agree with your overall point.
5 goals against in 2 games on 20:48 - Feb 10 with 715 viewspointofblue

5 goals against in 2 games on 20:42 - Feb 10 by ReusersTown

I do feel a degree of that dominance was down to West Brom sitting in whenever they were a goal up. But agree with your overall point.

Leeds fans must watch our games and wonder what opponents are doing. Leicester and West Brom sat on leads and were eventually punished (in Leicester's case, twice). Leeds kept pushing and punished us.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

5 goals against in 2 games on 20:51 - Feb 10 with 700 viewsBugs

5 goals against in 2 games on 20:42 - Feb 10 by ReusersTown

I found that sitting in as much as they did after they scored quite a baffling tactical decision. But a huge compliment to us as a team.
Our defenders are.... on 21:12 - Feb 10 with 643 viewstractorboy1978

Our defenders are.... on 17:19 - Feb 10 by Bloots

That's exactly how Davis is instructed to play though. It's contributed to a hell of a lot of goals but it puts a hell of a lot of pressure on us defensively at times when teams transition on us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024