Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morning. 14:06 - Feb 16 with 5481 viewsold_git_at_reserves

I’m puzzled to find that I’m Not dead.

When I joined this little group, during the Late Twentieth Century, I joined as OldGit@Reserves.

So, if I was Old then, what the hell must I be now ?!

More than a quarter of a century has passed and I suffered from health issues Then !

However, that’s all by the by, I simply wanted to say how much I’m enjoying our renaissance. Yes, I’m still in attendance at every home match and ITFC Joe saw me at Watfut where one of my six children is a ST holder.

But, a joy of the modern world is the ability to watch all of our away matches thru the use of my trusty VPN. What a shame, that this innovation wasn’t implemented sooner. How many great matches did I have to simply listen to on the wireless, in the good old days ?

Never mind. I’m having fun tho I have grown as stout as Alan Brazil who scored those five goals against a team that we are locked in combat with now, Southampton. Please let us beat them.

Indeed, please let’s win all of our remaining matches and rightly earn auto promo. As a veteran of 13 or 14 play-off matches, inc one horrifically depressing afternoon at FPR, watching us play via a broadcast from Charlton on a huge bedsheet strung across the pitch, I NEED auto promo.

I even motored down to Selhurst Park to watch us in a Relegation PlayOff match !

So, auto promo, please…!

But, wouldn’t it be fine, to thrash The Carrot People in a po Final at Wemberley !

Is Lucan dead yet ?
[Post edited 17 Feb 11:04]
Morning. on 14:08 - Feb 16 with 3064 viewsSitfcB

Hello Old Git, nice to see you.
[Post edited 16 Feb 14:09]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Morning. on 14:10 - Feb 16 with 3030 viewsblueasfook

Morning. on 14:08 - Feb 16 by SitfcB

Another old poster back to cause trouble.

Arf! Welcome back OG!

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Morning. on 14:11 - Feb 16 with 3011 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 14:08 - Feb 16 by SitfcB

Good Afternoon.

🧑🏻‍🎄
Morning. on 14:11 - Feb 16 with 2998 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not as puzzled as I am. I thought you'd died years ago

Good to see you back posing OG.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Morning. on 14:13 - Feb 16 with 2973 viewsMJallday

Welcome back to the madhouse OG

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

This one can stay if he wants. (n/t) on 14:13 - Feb 16 with 2958 viewsBloots

Morning. on 14:10 - Feb 16 by blueasfook

Arf! Welcome back OG!

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Morning. on 14:15 - Feb 16 with 2939 viewsgainsboroughblue

Wow. What a sight for sore eyes.

Good to hear from you OG.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Morning. on 14:16 - Feb 16 with 2919 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

He's back! Good to see you still going strong OG!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Morning. on 14:18 - Feb 16 with 2866 viewsBlueBadger

Morning. on 14:11 - Feb 16 by GlasgowBlue

Fact: OG is so old, he actually went to school with Facters' kids.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Morning. on 14:19 - Feb 16 with 2877 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 14:10 - Feb 16 by blueasfook

Arf! Welcome back OG!

So, who’s died ?

I always perk up just a little, when I hear that one of my old chums has pegged it.

Tho, I was saddened by the death of Steve Wright In The Afternoon tho, in those days, we used to work — unlike you youngsters today — and so I rarely heard him but he seemed a cheerful cove tho, like me, he seemed to have gained a bit of timber.

I love an obit. Navalny, today. Putin really is a scamp. I struggled thru the whole Tucker Carlson/Putin interview. Unique 🤒 I bet Putin and Sir Keith Starmer chatting would be a larrrf…
[Post edited 16 Feb 14:37]
Morning. on 14:20 - Feb 16 with 2857 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 14:11 - Feb 16 by GlasgowBlue

Posing ?

Get you, dear.,,
Morning. on 14:28 - Feb 16 with 2796 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 14:16 - Feb 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

He's back! Good to see you still going strong OG!

‘Strong’ is a bit strong, if you’re describing me.

I smell of wee. Do you know, I think I wrote those very words on my first Old Git Reserves Report.

I wonder who was in the Reserves, that night. Someone like Jonas Axeldahl ? He was mustard as a Football Combination goalscorer. Is that what the league was called.

I’ve been at almost every home match for over half a century. It seemed like only yesterday that I would hear old farts say that sort of thing. “I’ve sat in the same seat for over forty years !”

And now that’s me.

(What, you’ve never got up, in forty years ? Don’t be silly. Are people still silly on here or is it all wokevwokeywoke ? Do you remember Eric Clacton ? Now, he was SILLY 👠🙈👠
Morning. on 14:30 - Feb 16 with 2771 viewsHipsterectomy

Did you forget your log in?

Good to have you back

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Morning. on 14:32 - Feb 16 with 2760 views_clive_baker_

This sure lends weight to the old 'never seen OG and Frimmers in the same room' hypothesis...

Welcome back old bean.
Morning. on 14:35 - Feb 16 with 2740 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 14:18 - Feb 16 by BlueBadger

Fact: OG is so old, he actually went to school with Facters' kids.

Good Grief !

Is EVERYONE still on here ?

In all seriousness, do we keep a book of remembrance for the dear departed ?

Who has actually pegged it, that we are aware of ?

Well, ‘in all seriousness’ is a pompous way of putting it.

We don’t actually know each other so who cares ? The poster called Mariner died, did he ? I suppose we don’t know, really, it just Goes Quiet.

Enough of this ! Who cares, I’m still alive. Marvellous turnout at TheDen. Enjoyed the match so much but we’ve largely lost our mojo and the sad likelihood is that Lord Starmer will win the election on Thursday, 14th November and we will end up in the wretched po again.

Yet again.
Morning. on 14:36 - Feb 16 with 2722 viewsWeWereZombies

Now you have got me thinking where on my travels I gave away the 'OldGit@Reserves' T-shirt that BluJu printed up for some of us.

And Jonas Axeldal was in the reserves some time after you started posting, you might be getting him confused with Richard Logan (who you were quite cutting about at times, did Phil ever arrange a metting between you and his Dad ?)

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Morning. on 14:38 - Feb 16 with 2702 viewsRyorry

Hi OG, good to see you back 👍 Do we owe the honour of your return to your no longer having the ability to Lurk In The Bushes? 🤔

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Morning. on 14:41 - Feb 16 with 2672 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Morning. on 14:35 - Feb 16 by old_git_at_reserves

Good Grief !

We don’t actually know each other so who cares ? The poster called Mariner died, did he ? I suppose we don’t know, really, it just Goes Quiet.

Enough of this ! Who cares, I’m still alive. Marvellous turnout at TheDen. Enjoyed the match so much but we’ve largely lost our mojo and the sad likelihood is that Lord Starmer will win the election on Thursday, 14th November and we will end up in the wretched po again.

Yet again.

Can you think of a better option?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Morning. on 14:41 - Feb 16 with 2678 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 14:30 - Feb 16 by Hipsterectomy

Did you forget your log in?

Good to have you back

Of course I did.

I happened to be Lurking — do we still call it that ? — and I noticed that someone mentioned that they missed me. So, I had a poke at logging in and of course I failed.

Today, dear old Gav —(everyone now knows that Gav is actually a beautiful young woman, don’t they?) — emailed me and held my hand whilst I logged in with fresh details.

Gav has lovely hands 🤚🏼
[Post edited 16 Feb 14:51]
Morning. on 14:46 - Feb 16 with 2651 viewsMK1

A pleasure to hear from you Sir. I am relatively new to these parts and as of yet, our paths haven't crossed on here. I am of later years, so am sure our paths will have crossed in what was once the only world. Many, many years of following The Blues up and down the country through good times and bad. Lucky to be old enough to remember the very best of times. Like I said at the beginning, good to hear from you and I hope all is well. Take care.
Morning. on 14:49 - Feb 16 with 2634 viewsRyorry

Morning. on 14:35 - Feb 16 by old_git_at_reserves

Good Grief !

Yet again.

Mariner had a serious illness but I believe made an excellent recovery, and I think/hope is still very much alive. Others may have more recent info than me though.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Morning. on 14:49 - Feb 16 with 2624 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 14:36 - Feb 16 by WeWereZombies

Now you have got me thinking where on my travels I gave away the 'OldGit@Reserves' T-shirt that BluJu printed up for some of us.

And Jonas Axeldal was in the reserves some time after you started posting, you might be getting him confused with Richard Logan (who you were quite cutting about at times, did Phil ever arrange a metting between you and his Dad ?)

Do you know what triggered the name, Axeldahl ? I was recently recounting a Reserves match in which Neil Harris was coming back from an injury that left him a bit light in his underpanties and he completed his Hattie with a lovely goal that we cuppla doz Town fans applauded. I remembered that Axeldahl played in that game.

I was in the winning pub team at Oake’s Barn in Bury, last week: my quizzing ability is amazing and yet I forget to put my teeth in, four days out of five.

Inside my front door is a sign that says, ‘Do your flies up’ and that sign is necessary as not only do I forget but I stand a good chance of amazing passers-by because I have a huge willie…

Not that I have seen it since the latter part of 2007. I am almost as fat as Titus Bramble.
Morning. on 14:52 - Feb 16 with 2585 viewssoupytwist

Still got my T-shirt. Don't wear it very often though.

Maybe it could make an appearance in Wales tomorrow.
Morning. on 14:54 - Feb 16 with 2577 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Gave that shirt away ?!

That would now be worth more than a pair of Lady Di’s knickers !

Is she still about ?

I forget.
Morning. on 14:57 - Feb 16 with 2549 viewsold_git_at_reserves

Morning. on 14:52 - Feb 16 by soupytwist

Still got my T-shirt. Don't wear it very often though.

Maybe it could make an appearance in Wales tomorrow.

Probs taken on a bit of Brazil Timber, as one might call it ?

How many Xs are we looking at, now ?

Anything less than Five is A Result innit…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024