Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moyes offered new contract 15:16 - Feb 23 with 1763 viewsWacko

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68384289

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Moyes offered new contract on 15:16 - Feb 23 with 1739 viewsMetal_Hacker

That’ll get those entitled Spammers foaming at the mouth

Poll: If it were one or the other

Moyes offered new contract on 15:54 - Feb 23 with 1552 viewsIllinoisblue

Strong Lambert 5-year deal vibes

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Moyes offered new contract on 15:59 - Feb 23 with 1529 viewsBlueBadger

Moyes offered new contract on 15:54 - Feb 23 by Illinoisblue

Moyes is a competent and honest football manager though. I hope West Ham end up with Lambert, Lampard or Keane.
[Post edited 23 Feb 16:19]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Moyes offered new contract on 16:04 - Feb 23 with 1497 viewsMattinLondon

If Lambert win us an European trophy plus delivered top half PL football then he wouldn’t be viewed in such a negative manner. Moyes’s football might well not be as pretty as Arsenal or Man City. But it’s not exactly hoofball Mick style.
Moyes offered new contract on 16:11 - Feb 23 with 1451 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I didn't realise West Ham are cut adrift at the bottom of the league!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Moyes offered new contract on 16:13 - Feb 23 with 1420 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Hopefully he tells them to stick it and they go for Lampard.

As much as people think KM will be put off by the occasional groan in the PR crowd, this is a reminder that it is much worse elsewhere. Multiple top half finishes and an (admittedly pony) trophy and they want him out…
Moyes offered new contract on 16:14 - Feb 23 with 1412 viewsiamatractorboy

The stick Moyes gets from some West Ham fans is ridiculous. He is a good manager and has done a great job there.
Moyes offered new contract on 16:22 - Feb 23 with 1351 viewsMK1

Moyes is an ok manager and West Ham is probably as high as he should have managed. Did ok at Everton, but nothing outstanding. His time at Man Utd was always destined to finish as it did. West Ham as a mid table side with the occasional cup run is about all they should be expecting and be happy with their lot. Guess we all want more, but as the saying goes, be careful what you wish for.
Login to get fewer ads

Moyes offered new contract on 16:30 - Feb 23 with 1301 viewsDarkBrandon

Moyes offered new contract on 16:22 - Feb 23 by MK1

Moyes is an ok manager and West Ham is probably as high as he should have managed. Did ok at Everton, but nothing outstanding. His time at Man Utd was always destined to finish as it did. West Ham as a mid table side with the occasional cup run is about all they should be expecting and be happy with their lot. Guess we all want more, but as the saying goes, be careful what you wish for.

Eh? He was superb at Everton. They consistently overachieved with him there. He thoroughly deserved a crack at the ManU job.
Moyes offered new contract on 16:49 - Feb 23 with 1214 viewspointofblue

Moyes offered new contract on 15:59 - Feb 23 by BlueBadger

Moyes is a competent and honest football manager though. I hope West Ham end up with Lambert, Lampard or Keane.

Timing wise it feels a bit Lambert-like. They haven’t won this year, which includes a loss at Bristol City, then conceding eleven goals in three games. Bizarre time to offer a contract.

Overall, his time there feels more like Mick - punching above his weight but the football is attritional so, when results start going against them, there’s nothing left to get behind.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Moyes offered new contract on 17:04 - Feb 23 with 1155 viewsGarv

Moyes offered new contract on 16:14 - Feb 23 by iamatractorboy

The stick Moyes gets from some West Ham fans is ridiculous. He is a good manager and has done a great job there.

Is it okay that the whole stadium is bored though?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Moyes offered new contract on 17:11 - Feb 23 with 1132 viewsBlueBadger

Moyes offered new contract on 17:04 - Feb 23 by Garv

Yeah, I'm sure they'd all much rather be applauding Improved Football to relegation rather than sitting in the top half of the Premier League.

[Post edited 23 Feb 17:15]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Moyes offered new contract on 17:18 - Feb 23 with 1088 viewsMattinLondon

Moyes offered new contract on 16:30 - Feb 23 by DarkBrandon

Eh? He was superb at Everton. They consistently overachieved with him there. He thoroughly deserved a crack at the ManU job.

I found the ‘ok’ take on his time at Everton quite bizarre but thought I might well be misremembering. According to wiki Everton finished forth (highest since 1988) and consistently finished between fifth and eighth. That’s a magnificent achievement for them.
Moyes offered new contract on 17:34 - Feb 23 with 1031 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Moyes offered new contract on 17:04 - Feb 23 by Garv

That’s probably because half of them aren’t even long term fans. I know several that support other teams, but take their kids to West Ham because they got season tickets for less than the price of a bag of crisps. And interestingly a couple of them are giving the season tickets up now the prices are creeping up..
Moyes offered new contract on 17:53 - Feb 23 with 971 viewsVic

Apart from his time at Man U (where whoever went there at that point was destined to fail) he’s been a very solid, above average manager. I like him and would have welcomed him here in a heartbeat.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Moyes offered new contract on 17:58 - Feb 23 with 951 viewsstrikalite

Moyes offered new contract on 17:53 - Feb 23 by Vic

Apart from his time at Man U (where whoever went there at that point was destined to fail) he’s been a very solid, above average manager. I like him and would have welcomed him here in a heartbeat.

They are 9th in the league and their wage bill is about the 9th highest too...

Say no more..
Moyes offered new contract on 18:00 - Feb 23 with 942 viewsMercian

Moyes offered new contract on 15:59 - Feb 23 by BlueBadger

I would go as far as saying he is a very good manager whilst not being elite.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024