Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Make Rochdale Great Again! 19:11 - Mar 4 with 2582 viewsNthQldITFC

He might be a proper Charlie Hunt, but you've got to admit that's a funny line.

They're probably still smarting after losing that world-shaking titanic clash with Norwich in the Milk Cup Final of 1986 or whatever, but now they've got Galloway to get them back to Norwich's level.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 19:33 - Mar 4 with 2495 viewsGeoffSentence

He does speak well. I saw his interview in front of the HoC and wish that more politicians answered questions directly and honestly like he does.

Which makes it a shame that your opening sentence is spot on.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 09:18 - Mar 5 with 2345 viewsEdwardStone

Repulsive and divisive man, the tvvat in the hat

He should stick to his coach driving business
Make Rochdale Great Again! on 09:20 - Mar 5 with 2337 viewschicoazul

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 19:33 - Mar 4 by GeoffSentence

He does speak well. I saw his interview in front of the HoC and wish that more politicians answered questions directly and honestly like he does.

Honestly?? Hang on this is Galloway we’re talking about right?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 09:26 - Mar 5 with 2321 viewsKeno

Again?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 09:30 - Mar 5 with 2293 viewsGeoffSentence

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 09:20 - Mar 5 by chicoazul

Yes, you know it is possible to be a cwnt but still to be a good orator.

That's why some cwnts do very well for themselves.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 09:38 - Mar 5 with 2254 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 09:20 - Mar 5 by chicoazul

Yeah if you ignore all the antisemitism and shilling for murderous dictators, I hear he gives a cracking speech…
Make Rochdale Great Again! on 09:39 - Mar 5 with 2245 viewspeterleeblue

The sort of politician that trys to ensure things will always be Sh!t!!
Make Rochdale Great Again! on 09:54 - Mar 5 with 2171 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 19:33 - Mar 4 by GeoffSentence

As an orator he is up there with Trump, Enoch Powell, Hitler...

And who can forget him saluting Saddam Hossein's indefatigability.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Login to get fewer ads

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 09:56 - Mar 5 with 2160 viewsRadlett_blue

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 09:30 - Mar 5 by GeoffSentence

Yes, you know it is possible to be a cwnt but still to be a good orator.

That's why some cwnts do very well for themselves.

Time to invoke the Fuhrer? Saddam Hussein also had a fair bit of charm, like most despots.
The growth of primitive populism is a worrying development & in the developed West, I think it's largely down to failing economic growth plus greater inequality, which means that the lives of the masses haven't improved, or have become worse.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 09:57 - Mar 5 with 2151 viewsDJR

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 09:26 - Mar 5 by Keno

Again?

Lord Byron of Rochdale, the Co-op movement and Our Gracie.

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 10:07 - Mar 5 with 2094 viewsKeno

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 09:57 - Mar 5 by DJR

oh ...

Actor Steve Coogan (best known for his role as Alan Partridge) attended Cardinal Langley RC High School, Middleton.

Actor, Don Estelle, (best known for his role as Lofty in ‘It Ain’t Half Hot Mum’) lived in the Seven Sisters tower blocks and is buried in Rochdale.

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 10:07 - Mar 5 with 2094 viewsDJR

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 09:54 - Mar 5 by Tangledupin_Blue

As an orator he is up there with Trump, Enoch Powell, Hitler...

And who can forget him saluting Saddam Hossein's indefatigability.

Talking of support for Hussein.

https://archive.globalpolicy.org/iraq-conflict-the-historical-background-/us-and

To take just a couple of examples from the various articles (many of which post-date the Iraq war).

A chemical plant which the US says is a key component in Iraq's chemical warfare arsenal was secretly built by Britain in 1985 behind the backs of the Americans, the Guardian can disclose.

In his most recent justification of his Pentagon stewardship, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld reached back to the 1930s, comparing the Bush administration's critics to those who, like US Ambassador to Britain Joseph P. Kennedy, favored appeasing Adolf Hitler. Rumsfeld avoided a more recent comparison: the appeasement of Saddam Hussein by the Reagan and first Bush administrations. The reasons for selectivity are obvious, since so many of Hussein's appeasers in the 1980s were principals in the 2003 Iraq war, including Rumsfeld.

[Post edited 5 Mar 10:20]
Make Rochdale Great Again! on 10:36 - Mar 5 with 2008 viewsRadlett_blue

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 10:07 - Mar 5 by DJR

Talking of support for Hussein.

https://archive.globalpolicy.org/iraq-conflict-the-historical-background-/us-and

To take just a couple of examples from the various articles (many of which post-date the Iraq war).

A chemical plant which the US says is a key component in Iraq's chemical warfare arsenal was secretly built by Britain in 1985 behind the backs of the Americans, the Guardian can disclose.

In his most recent justification of his Pentagon stewardship, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld reached back to the 1930s, comparing the Bush administration's critics to those who, like US Ambassador to Britain Joseph P. Kennedy, favored appeasing Adolf Hitler. Rumsfeld avoided a more recent comparison: the appeasement of Saddam Hussein by the Reagan and first Bush administrations. The reasons for selectivity are obvious, since so many of Hussein's appeasers in the 1980s were principals in the 2003 Iraq war, including Rumsfeld.

[Post edited 5 Mar 10:20]

The American support for Iraq was largely because they were the sworn enemy of Iran. In the world of geopolitics, the enemy of thine enemy is thy friend.

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 10:52 - Mar 5 with 1970 viewsDJR

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 10:36 - Mar 5 by Radlett_blue

The American support for Iraq was largely because they were the sworn enemy of Iran. In the world of geopolitics, the enemy of thine enemy is thy friend.

The heading to the article indicates support went back much further than that.

"US intelligence helped Saddam's Ba`ath Party seize power for the first time in 1963. Evidence suggests that Saddam was on the CIA payroll as early as 1959."
[Post edited 5 Mar 10:56]
Make Rochdale Great Again! on 11:50 - Mar 5 with 1871 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 09:57 - Mar 5 by DJR

Rochdale may have an illustrious past but it's no Oldham.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 13:44 - Mar 5 with 1782 viewsRadlett_blue

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 10:52 - Mar 5 by DJR

The heading to the article indicates support went back much further than that.

"US intelligence helped Saddam's Ba`ath Party seize power for the first time in 1963. Evidence suggests that Saddam was on the CIA payroll as early as 1959."
[Post edited 5 Mar 10:56]

That doesn't surprise me. America has always been a player in the Middle East, because of oil & the US support for Israel. I guess Saddam was seen as a "useful idiot", not bound by religious dogma, with whom the US could do business.

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 13:51 - Mar 5 with 1753 viewslowhouseblue

he's utterly repulsive. something nasty stuck to the sole of the shoe of british politics.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 14:33 - Mar 5 with 1662 viewsmonkeymagic

Genuine question :
Is it troubling that the majority of voters in Rochdale elected an MP largely on the basis of his anti Israel sentiment or is putting the plight of Palestinians ahead of more local concerns evidence of recognition that on the whole we are still a good place to live and that a concern for the much less fortunate is of more importance?
Make Rochdale Great Again! on 14:47 - Mar 5 with 1623 viewspositivity

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 14:33 - Mar 5 by monkeymagic

Genuine question :
Is it troubling that the majority of voters in Rochdale elected an MP largely on the basis of his anti Israel sentiment or is putting the plight of Palestinians ahead of more local concerns evidence of recognition that on the whole we are still a good place to live and that a concern for the much less fortunate is of more importance?

it wasn't the majority of voters, it was 40% of a 40% turnout, so less than 16% of the voters, in an election where labour and the greens didn't put up a candidate and the tories and lib dems barely put in any effort.

not sure you can draw much from that yet,could just be a weird anomaly

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 15:01 - Mar 5 with 1598 viewsGlasgowBlue

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 14:33 - Mar 5 by monkeymagic

Genuine question :

Galloway isn't concerned with the plight of Palestinian people. He just sides with anything anti west. His homophobic campaign against Kim Leadbeater in Batley & Spen was disgusting.

He's a Putin and Assad apologist and his election in no way shows "that on the whole we are still a good place to live".

This is George Galloway.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 15:08 - Mar 5 with 1581 viewsRadlett_blue

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 14:47 - Mar 5 by positivity

it wasn't the majority of voters, it was 40% of a 40% turnout, so less than 16% of the voters, in an election where labour and the greens didn't put up a candidate and the tories and lib dems barely put in any effort.

not sure you can draw much from that yet,could just be a weird anomaly

Lots of freaky results in by-elections. Usually a low turnout & voters know they aren't electing a government so protest votes are a free option.

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 15:31 - Mar 5 with 1538 viewsBloomBlue

At least he remembered he's representing Rochdale, after he won the Bradford West seat he called it Blackburn.

Galloway only does what Galloway wants, a man who has supported Labour and then championed Farage.
Make Rochdale Great Again! on 15:45 - Mar 5 with 1509 viewsSwansea_Blue

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 13:51 - Mar 5 by lowhouseblue

he's utterly repulsive. something nasty stuck to the sole of the shoe of british politics.

Enough about NthQldITFC, what about Galloway? Badum tish.

He's another unflushable turd, isn't he. He's right in calling out the massacre of Palastinians, but a stopped clock and all that. As Glassers says, he's another anti-establishment populist looking to stir the pot. Much like the likes of Farage: in theory they come from different ends of the spectrum but in reality seem to be bedfellows.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 15:56 - Mar 7 with 1202 viewsford6600

During his short tenure the only thing he may actually accomplish is getting the Town Hall clock cleaned.
Make Rochdale Great Again! on 16:42 - Mar 7 with 1128 viewsNthQldITFC

Make Rochdale Great Again! on 15:56 - Mar 7 by ford6600

During his short tenure the only thing he may actually accomplish is getting the Town Hall clock cleaned.

I'm not going near the Town Hall clock it's too handsy, and you leave my tenure out of it - I've got some new trousers now, with a proper zip.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024