Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” 20:39 - Mar 5 with 2053 viewsMatt_Netherlands

WTF is this commentary team on about.

They have no idea.
“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 20:40 - Mar 5 with 2011 viewsgainsboroughblue

It's like a desperation to see us fail.

We've not been great by any stretch and not a lot is coming off but we've won more games after halves like this than lost.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 20:41 - Mar 5 with 1971 viewsGlasgowBlue

I had to look to see if we were 2-0 down when he said that.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 20:44 - Mar 5 with 1907 viewsSteve_M

Yeah, we’ve been behind in nine home league games this season. Being level at this stage is fine.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 20:44 - Mar 5 with 1908 viewssuffolkpunchdrunk

The Sky commentators are desperate for Bristol to score, they are knocking us at every opportunity.
“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 20:45 - Mar 5 with 1865 viewsMatt_Netherlands

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 20:41 - Mar 5 by GlasgowBlue

I had to look to see if we were 2-0 down when he said that.

2-0 to Bristelona according to Sky.
“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 20:47 - Mar 5 with 1839 viewsPinewoodblue

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 20:45 - Mar 5 by Matt_Netherlands

2-0 to Bristelona according to Sky.

They won’t have a good word for Ipswich until we score, and not guaranteed then.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 20:50 - Mar 5 with 1770 viewsGlasgowBlue

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 20:47 - Mar 5 by Pinewoodblue

They won’t have a good word for Ipswich until we score, and not guaranteed then.

The moans and groans from our fans aren't helping.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 20:54 - Mar 5 with 1670 viewsLongLegs

The commentary is a joke however it’s not sounding great inside PR tonight. Big second half needed!
Login to get fewer ads

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 21:00 - Mar 5 with 1569 viewsVaughan8

They've even said

"ipswich are usually and put teams under the cosh straight away"

No, we usually let one in, in the first 5 minutes.

Also this "race for promotion cr@p is ridiculous with 12 odd games left....!
Completely bizarre commentary on 21:00 - Mar 5 with 1562 viewsDyland

Its been pretty equal, and lots of mistakes by both teams. But the commentary makes it sound like Brizzle have totally dominated. They've had more corners, which isn't proof of much in itself. Neither look much like scoring.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 21:03 - Mar 5 with 1491 viewsbaxterbasics

It’s just been one of the dullest 45 in a while for me. Not the worst performance just nothing cutting through in attack. Hoping KM knows exactly what we need.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 21:05 - Mar 5 with 1460 viewsJ2BLUE

Sky's Championship commentators follow the same script for every single game whether it fits or not.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 21:06 - Mar 5 with 1452 viewsNutkins_Return

Found that bizarre. And McKenna looking frustrated (looked absolutely relaxed). At worst it's a little bit flat. A calm first half. We can go through the gears 2nd half.
“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 21:12 - Mar 5 with 1392 viewsBigalhunter

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 21:05 - Mar 5 by J2BLUE

Sky's Championship commentators follow the same script for every single game whether it fits or not.

Spot on.
It’s what they do, I don’t really understand why people give them their money and then moan about it. It’s not a conspiracy, just the way sky choose to present their product.
It’s not going to be a curated commentary and it will have no impact on the result.
They’ve shown us loads of times, just rejoice in the knowledge it brings extra cash into the club.
Up there with going on other team’s forums and getting upset with what they’re saying about us.
[Post edited 5 Mar 21:19]
“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 21:19 - Mar 5 with 1326 viewslazyblue

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 20:44 - Mar 5 by suffolkpunchdrunk

The Sky commentators are desperate for Bristol to score, they are knocking us at every opportunity.

Knocking because we have been so poor
“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 21:21 - Mar 5 with 1303 viewsSwansea_Blue

There is now!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 22:23 - Mar 5 with 1216 viewsVaughan8

Is that enough goals for Andy Hinchcliffe? Probably the wrong way round for him haha
“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 22:28 - Mar 5 with 1092 viewsWeWereZombies

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 21:06 - Mar 5 by Nutkins_Return

Found that bizarre. And McKenna looking frustrated (looked absolutely relaxed). At worst it's a little bit flat. A calm first half. We can go through the gears 2nd half.

'We can go through the gears 2nd half.'

But did we have to go from reverse to sixth in one go ?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 22:28 - Mar 5 with 1084 viewsRyorry

Raised my eyebrows when I heard that too.

I got the impression they had pre-planned scripts populated by hypernole & cliches for all 3 possible scorelines, then stuck to it.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 22:33 - Mar 5 with 1020 viewsgreyhound

I really enjoyed us scoring immediately after they questioned km bringing on 4 subs and wondering how long that would take to bed in
“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 22:38 - Mar 5 with 945 viewsHipsterectomy

Everything we did was disappointing, underwhelming or frustrating.

I know we're 2nd/3rd so probably should have higher standards attributed to us, but it felt like they were quite happy to put the boot in when Bristol weren't even that good. If we were 2-0 down at half time and struggling, fair enough. Can't be dealing with this sh1te for the rest of the season with the monopoly of Sky games left
[Post edited 5 Mar 22:39]

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 22:42 - Mar 5 with 896 viewsVaughan8

“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 22:38 - Mar 5 by Hipsterectomy

Everything we did was disappointing, underwhelming or frustrating.

I know we're 2nd/3rd so probably should have higher standards attributed to us, but it felt like they were quite happy to put the boot in when Bristol weren't even that good. If we were 2-0 down at half time and struggling, fair enough. Can't be dealing with this sh1te for the rest of the season with the monopoly of Sky games left
[Post edited 5 Mar 22:39]

Was really weird. They must expect us to do "an arsenal" and be 3 nil up within 20 mins.

I would be interested to see at home our 1st and 2nd half split. I'm sure we score a lot more in the second half?

Its mostly the co-commentators that get on my nerves.
“A real sense of despondency around the stadium” on 22:44 - Mar 5 with 857 viewsbazza

Wait until next season if we go up.. the pre match and post match and the half time match analysis is dreadful.. definitely won’t be watching with the sound on. All the money generated by football, to pay people to sit their and talk a load of bollox
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024