Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First time we've got six in a row since 1992 22:48 - Mar 5 with 3578 viewsRyorry

Said Town TV. Anyone remember that/was there?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 22:49 - Mar 5 with 2751 viewsDarkBrandon

I would have been at one or two. We really got motoring towards the end of that season
First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 22:50 - Mar 5 with 2748 viewsIllinoisblue

Didn’t we go on a run after losing at Liverpool in the cup. I was there but would have to look it up!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 22:52 - Mar 5 with 2714 viewsLeoMuff

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 22:50 - Mar 5 by Illinoisblue

Didn’t we go on a run after losing at Liverpool in the cup. I was there but would have to look it up!

Crazy thing is we won the league with 84 points…

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 22:53 - Mar 5 with 2699 viewsgainsboroughblue

I was at all of them bar one.

Bristol Rovers (H) 1-0
Millwall (A) 3-2
Portsmouth (H) 5-2
Tranmere (A) 1-0 Missed it. Friday Night.
Plymouth (H) 2-0
Watford (A) 1-0 Whitton last minute (lucky Ipswich)

The Tranmere game sandwiched the Liverpool cup ties.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 22:55 - Mar 5 with 2670 viewsbrazil1982

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 22:53 - Mar 5 by gainsboroughblue

Bristol Rovers (H) 1-0
Millwall (A) 3-2
Portsmouth (H) 5-2
Plymouth (H) 2-0

Think I was at all those, a great season.
First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 22:57 - Mar 5 with 2633 viewsDarkBrandon

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 22:53 - Mar 5 by gainsboroughblue

Bristol Rovers (H) 1-0
Millwall (A) 3-2
Portsmouth (H) 5-2
Plymouth (H) 2-0

I went to the Millwall game and the Watford one. Bedlam at the end of the Watford one.

I was late to the Millwall game and we to ask someone the score. He said we were 3-up, but I wasn’t sure I believed him and this was years before mobile phones so I had no way to check. They got two back and we were hanging on at the end*

*I think. It was ages ago. Possibly I dreamed all this
First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 22:59 - Mar 5 with 2609 viewsgainsboroughblue

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 22:57 - Mar 5 by DarkBrandon

I went to the Millwall game and the Watford one. Bedlam at the end of the Watford one.

I was late to the Millwall game and we to ask someone the score. He said we were 3-up, but I wasn’t sure I believed him and this was years before mobile phones so I had no way to check. They got two back and we were hanging on at the end*

*I think. It was ages ago. Possibly I dreamed all this

We were definitely 3-0 up. Dozzell scored the first, bagging some handome winnings for some Town fans as he was 16-1. Thommo and Kiwomya got the others.

I was fearing a repeat of Twerton Park on the first day.

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 23:05 - Mar 5 with 2549 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It was a 2-horse race (between Middlesborough and Leicester I think?) and then we went on the run of 9 wins from 10 matches that the 6-match run ended. 3 matches later we won 5 more on the trot. We won the title with Leicester finishing in 4th. I was in Leicester when we clinched promotion.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 23:06 - Mar 5 with 2536 viewsDarkBrandon

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 22:59 - Mar 5 by gainsboroughblue

We were definitely 3-0 up. Dozzell scored the first, bagging some handome winnings for some Town fans as he was 16-1. Thommo and Kiwomya got the others.

I was fearing a repeat of Twerton Park on the first day.

That must be it. I managed to underestimate how long it would take to get places on the tube. Not for the first time.
First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 23:09 - Mar 5 with 2497 viewsIllinoisblue

Bristol Rovers (H) 1-0
Millwall (A) 3-2
Portsmouth (H) 5-2
Plymouth (H) 2-0

At all of them except Tranmere away. That was a beautiful season. And here we are…

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 23:10 - Mar 5 with 2476 viewsRyorry

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 23:05 - Mar 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

It was a 2-horse race (between Middlesborough and Leicester I think?) and then we went on the run of 9 wins from 10 matches that the 6-match run ended. 3 matches later we won 5 more on the trot. We won the title with Leicester finishing in 4th. I was in Leicester when we clinched promotion.

Well at least wearing s blue top wouldn't have put you in danger!

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 23:12 - Mar 5 with 2460 viewsNthsuffolkblue

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 23:10 - Mar 5 by Ryorry

Well at least wearing s blue top wouldn't have put you in danger!

I think it was the waving the Town scarf out of the car window and beeping my horn that was more likely to! It was a friendly place from my experiences!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 23:25 - Mar 5 with 2374 viewsGlasgowBlue

I was definitely at the Watford game. Remember a very young David James in goal for them.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 23:30 - Mar 5 with 2341 viewsDarkBrandon

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 23:25 - Mar 5 by GlasgowBlue

I was definitely at the Watford game. Remember a very young David James in goal for them.

Yes. James developed a reputation for flapping at crosses, but he came and got everything that game.
First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 23:32 - Mar 5 with 2317 viewspointofblue

I presume they mean in the second tier? Because we won eight in a row last season.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 01:26 - Mar 6 with 2178 viewsChurchman

Bristol Rovers (H) 1-0
Millwall (A) 3-2
Portsmouth (H) 5-2
Plymouth (H) 2-0

Missed Millwall and Tranmere but saw the rest and the Liverpool games.

The Watford one was fun and the Portsmouth game was a good ole hammering.
First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 08:19 - Mar 6 with 1962 viewsLeithblue

I was at Portsmouth, Plymouth and Watford. Absolutely mental scenes at the end of Watford, I think Whitton headed home a corner. Also remember the crowd not really celebrating first goal v Plymouth as obvious bad leg break for defender
First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 08:43 - Mar 6 with 1914 viewsBlueRaider

I remember that, ended with a 0-0 draw against Leicester I think

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 09:29 - Mar 6 with 1816 viewsEdmundo

Went to the Liverpool cup match then stood in Churchmans for the Plymouth game. Managed one more game before promotion. That Kiwomya-Dozzell strike force was a machine in that run-in. Remember seeing the Div 2 trophy at the Suffolk Show that year.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 09:33 - Mar 6 with 1794 viewsRyorry

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 23:12 - Mar 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think it was the waving the Town scarf out of the car window and beeping my horn that was more likely to! It was a friendly place from my experiences!

😂

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 11:24 - Mar 6 with 1721 viewsgainsboroughblue

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 08:19 - Mar 6 by Leithblue

I was at Portsmouth, Plymouth and Watford. Absolutely mental scenes at the end of Watford, I think Whitton headed home a corner. Also remember the crowd not really celebrating first goal v Plymouth as obvious bad leg break for defender

Yeah. A sickening collision between their defender and keeper resulting in a double fracture. Kiwomya tapped it into an empty net and didn't celebrate, looking visibly quite upset.

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 11:28 - Mar 6 with 1710 viewsPhilTWTD

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 11:30 - Mar 6 with 1694 viewsPhilTWTD

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 11:28 - Mar 6 by PhilTWTD

Last seven in a row in the league at this level was five games at the end of 88/89 and two at the start of 89/90.
First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 16:43 - Mar 6 with 1484 viewsRyorry

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 11:30 - Mar 6 by PhilTWTD

Last seven in a row in the league at this level was five games at the end of 88/89 and two at the start of 89/90.

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 16:48 - Mar 6 with 1471 viewsBlueschev

First time we've got six in a row since 1992 on 22:52 - Mar 5 by LeoMuff

Crazy thing is we won the league with 84 points…

And we'd clinched the title with 81 points.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024