Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play-off injustice 15:57 - Mar 9 with 2337 viewsHemelBlue

20 more points than the scum and we’re going to end up playing them over two legs.

I just feel like we never get the rub in the championship promotion races. And now it seems our historic club and this incredible team has the odds stacked against it more and more. Leeds and leicester paying EPL wages for EPL squads and are going to breach FFP and even with the parachute bribe which tries to keep the EPL a closed shop. Even if held to account later, it won’t help us.

Other clubs seems to make a habit of riding waves of good fortune into the prem and I jut feel like the dye is cast against us. Our team has been heroic but I am fed up with the weighted dice at the top of the Championship.
Play-off injustice on 16:01 - Mar 9 with 2260 viewsITFC_Forever

The PO rules and set up are known from the start. We can’t complain about that.

I agree the parachute clubs have legalised financial doping, and we’ve been unfortunate that we’ve had an amazing season at the same time as two other teams. Not mucb we can do about that though.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Play-off injustice on 16:03 - Mar 9 with 2234 viewsgainsboroughblue

This possibility has never felt off the table for me all season. It scares and excites me in equal measure. However, there are going to be more twists to come. I think Norwich will be close but just fancy Hull to nick that final spot. Their patchy form up until the derby in December may just cost them.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Play-off injustice on 16:04 - Mar 9 with 2223 viewsbackwaywhen

What utter garbage ….. get a grip ffs man.
Play-off injustice on 16:06 - Mar 9 with 2170 viewsSouperJim

If we do end up 3rd, god I hope we get Norwich in the playoffs. We would destroy them. It's not going to happen though, as Leeds are going to win the league and we'll be 2nd.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Play-off injustice on 16:06 - Mar 9 with 2160 viewsBasuco

I know we have got out of the habit of losing recently, but you need to take a deep breath and enjoy the ride we are currently on, things are really not that bad!
Play-off injustice on 16:13 - Mar 9 with 2077 views_clive_baker_

Bring it on. No better way to shut them up.
Play-off injustice on 16:19 - Mar 9 with 2021 viewssidmouthblue

Play-off injustice on 16:13 - Mar 9 by _clive_baker_

Bring it on. No better way to shut them up.

It’s there home form that is worrying we can take them at our place
Play-off injustice on 16:45 - Mar 9 with 1909 viewsITFCSG

Play-off injustice on 16:19 - Mar 9 by sidmouthblue

It’s there home form that is worrying we can take them at our place

Look at how the scum are taking Rotherham apart yet we struggled to beat them just not too long ago. If we play like our recent form a repeat of the 14/15 play-offs is on the cards.
Login to get fewer ads

Play-off injustice on 17:20 - Mar 9 with 1708 viewsChurchman

Play-off injustice on 16:45 - Mar 9 by ITFCSG

Look at how the scum are taking Rotherham apart yet we struggled to beat them just not too long ago. If we play like our recent form a repeat of the 14/15 play-offs is on the cards.

So what you are saying is that on the basis of a game against Rotherham, Norwich are a better team than we are over two legs. On the Ball City, eh?

A conclusion from that one match sample linked to a tie nine years ago. Hard to know what to say to that.
Play-off injustice on 17:42 - Mar 9 with 1587 viewsElephantintheRoom

Relax. Norwich are going to knock out Leeds

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Play-off injustice on 17:45 - Mar 9 with 1556 viewsbazza

3rd with 9 games to go, with a team we all hoped would finish mid table at the start, rub of the green.. we’ve had half the lawn , We just need to defend the lead better. And stop panicking under pressure.
Play-off injustice on 17:50 - Mar 9 with 1528 viewstextbackup

I’d still love to see a change to the way they are played.

5th vs 6th
4th vs winner of above
(At Wembley) 3rd vs winner of above

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Play-off injustice on 18:16 - Mar 9 with 1418 viewsGlasgowBlue

We’re a point behind Leeds in second, but more importantly we are only 4 points behind Leicester who have only picked up 4 points from their last 15.

Automatic place is far from over.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Play-off injustice on 18:22 - Mar 9 with 1387 viewsChurchman

Play-off injustice on 18:16 - Mar 9 by GlasgowBlue

We’re a point behind Leeds in second, but more importantly we are only 4 points behind Leicester who have only picked up 4 points from their last 15.

Automatic place is far from over.

Nine games is a heck of a lot. But to have a chance, I feel it vital for us to get a win and put in a good performance next week. Do that and we are into the international break well set for the challenging last eight games.
Play-off injustice on 20:55 - Mar 9 with 1085 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It's just the boot on the other foot from that season a few years back when they were double points better than us and then we went on to win promotion from 6th place while they stayed down ... oh.

If anyone really thinks Norwich are going to beat us in the play offs on their way to the Premier League they are worrying about something highly unlikely. There is a very good reason why 4 clubs are so far clear of the rest. If 3 from those 4 don't go up I will be very surprised. Last season when that gap was from 3rd to 4th, the top 4 went up (even if Peterborough did get a 4 goal lead in the semi-final).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024