Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swimming pool Portman Road 08:12 - Mar 12 with 7266 viewsPinewoodblue

Today’s Ipswich Star carries a story suggesting it is going ahead. Being discussed in Council next week. Also considering turning current council offices into flats.

Does this impact on ITFC plans for Cobbold Stand?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Swimming pool Portman Road on 08:17 - Mar 12 with 4842 viewstextbackup

MA has only said a thousand times that he and the council are in close contact over how best to use that space… it’ll be part of a mega complex/stand/bars and restaurants

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Swimming pool Portman Road on 08:17 - Mar 12 with 4834 viewsNthQldITFC

'The proposals would also see a slight re-alignment of Portman Road to bring the football club into the leisure area.'

Sounds like there's some 'joined-up thinking' going on, hopefully.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Swimming pool Portman Road on 08:17 - Mar 12 with 4838 viewsitfcjoe

I don't think so, ideally the club would have liked that area for themselves but wasn't ever going to happen - council wanted to get this done before any further works planned there (i.e. the Cobbold Stand) so the club have been effectively told to wait their turn so hopefully this going ahead can speed things up

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Swimming pool Portman Road on 08:26 - Mar 12 with 4767 viewsITFC_Forever

It's just a question of where to put the new underground station.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Swimming pool Portman Road on 08:36 - Mar 12 with 4723 viewstextbackup

Swimming pool Portman Road on 08:17 - Mar 12 by itfcjoe

I don't think so, ideally the club would have liked that area for themselves but wasn't ever going to happen - council wanted to get this done before any further works planned there (i.e. the Cobbold Stand) so the club have been effectively told to wait their turn so hopefully this going ahead can speed things up

As long as there’s a wave pool, an occasional inflatable slide and a life guard called Gary that threatens to beat the sht out of kids for diving in… then I’m happy to forgo a new stand.

Swimming pool Portman Road on 08:51 - Mar 12 with 4660 viewsitfcjoe

Swimming pool Portman Road on 08:36 - Mar 12 by textbackup

As long as there’s a wave pool, an occasional inflatable slide and a life guard called Gary that threatens to beat the sht out of kids for diving in… then I’m happy to forgo a new stand.

I'd like to see a relaunch of Kidstuff for me to dump the kids at every day of the summer holiday for £3 a pop

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Swimming pool Portman Road on 09:01 - Mar 12 with 4582 viewsITFC_Forever

Was he the bodybuilder who won competitions all over the UK?

There certainly was one in the late 80s / early 90s.

They were supposed to build a diving pool and boards on the green next the competition pool, but never got round to it.

Swimming pool Portman Road on 09:13 - Mar 12 with 4464 viewsKeno

Swimming pool Portman Road on 08:26 - Mar 12 by ITFC_Forever

any made an artificial ski slope and winter sports areas?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Swimming pool Portman Road on 09:54 - Mar 12 with 4243 viewsGuthrum

Swimming pool Portman Road on 08:17 - Mar 12 by NthQldITFC

'The proposals would also see a slight re-alignment of Portman Road to bring the football club into the leisure area.'

Sounds like there's some 'joined-up thinking' going on, hopefully.

That would be my hope, that some of the club's planning has been integrated with that of the council. It would, after all, fit into the suggested Gamechanger model of a "sport/leisure destination" to bring all-year-round business.

A re-alignment of Portman Rd might also provide space to rebuild the stand without expensively having to bridge the roadway or suchlike.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Swimming pool Portman Road on 10:09 - Mar 12 with 4152 viewsITFC_Forever

Swimming pool Portman Road on 08:51 - Mar 12 by itfcjoe

I'd like to see a relaunch of Kidstuff for me to dump the kids at every day of the summer holiday for £3 a pop

They should bring back the Easy Rider.

£8 for the whole summer - unlimited travel between 9am and 6pm on the Ipswich buses, and free admission to Broom Hill, the pitch & putts at Chantry and Bourne Parks and some activities at the sports centres.

Swimming pool Portman Road on 10:13 - Mar 12 with 4088 viewsArnieM

When I saw that article re swimming pool , it made me think that Town will be involved in this re development to include the Cobbold Stand. Our owners did this kind of re the development of the area around Phoenix Rising football ground , so I can easily see them in partnership with Council re the whole Portman Rd area ..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Swimming pool Portman Road on 10:26 - Mar 12 with 4045 viewsMuncher

This is what the masterplan currently looks like but I think it's likely a very long way off.

]
[Post edited 12 Mar 10:28]
Swimming pool Portman Road on 10:40 - Mar 12 with 3946 viewstextbackup

Swimming pool Portman Road on 09:01 - Mar 12 by ITFC_Forever

Was he the bodybuilder who won competitions all over the UK?

There certainly was one in the late 80s / early 90s.

They were supposed to build a diving pool and boards on the green next the competition pool, but never got round to it.

I think he was, and a martial arts expert.

He came in the showers to confront about 6 of us (aged 12/13) ‘you might be young now but when I see you in Town when you’re all 18 I’ll kill you all’ 😂😂😂 I’ll never forget that.
Saw him a few months back, he didn’t seem to remember me as he said he would, thankfully

Swimming pool Portman Road on 10:41 - Mar 12 with 3937 viewsghostofescobar

Swimming pool Portman Road on 08:26 - Mar 12 by ITFC_Forever

Which I assume will travel direct to/from the parking at Gatwick.

GhostOfEscobar

Swimming pool Portman Road on 10:42 - Mar 12 with 3931 viewstextbackup

Swimming pool Portman Road on 10:26 - Mar 12 by Muncher

This is what the masterplan currently looks like but I think it's likely a very long way off.

]
[Post edited 12 Mar 10:28]

Looks as though portman road/a walk way exists on a curve around a bigger Cobbold stand. Like that

Swimming pool Portman Road on 12:09 - Mar 12 with 3449 viewsArnieM

Swimming pool Portman Road on 10:42 - Mar 12 by textbackup

Looks as though portman road/a walk way exists on a curve around a bigger Cobbold stand. Like that

yes, it looks like the Cobbold Stand will be extended back onto current existing Portman Road doesn't it ...That stand will be quite impressive and big... This development will transform that whole area . Big project though.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Swimming pool Portman Road on 12:11 - Mar 12 with 3432 viewstazdac

That would have been Gary Staff I think :o)
Swimming pool Portman Road on 12:11 - Mar 12 with 3434 viewsstonojnr

Going ahead? Don't be fooled by another one of Geate's speculative fiction with a pretty artists impression stories to fill space in the paper sop pieces. It's almost like there's an election in the offing.

Theyve got a new website with some pictures and published a new report thats been looking into it for the past 2 years that's all. And all it recommends is yeah seems a nice idea let's move it to the next stage in the process.

The only reason it even exists as a thing is because they're forced to deal with Crown Pools becoming end of use, either they fix Crown Pools or they create a plan to do something different, this is the plan but it's not anywhere near going ahead yet.

There's no budget for it & no plans approved for it

Until ground starts being dug up and structures being built its not happening, just like the Mint Quarter, the new bus station, the new waterfront crossing, the finishing of the waterfront, the new cycling park.

All the many projects and master plans they've had with lots of lovely artists impressions none of which have ever moved an inch further forward.
Swimming pool Portman Road on 12:20 - Mar 12 with 3363 viewsNthQldITFC

Swimming pool Portman Road on 12:11 - Mar 12 by stonojnr

Going ahead? Don't be fooled by another one of Geate's speculative fiction with a pretty artists impression stories to fill space in the paper sop pieces. It's almost like there's an election in the offing.

Theyve got a new website with some pictures and published a new report thats been looking into it for the past 2 years that's all. And all it recommends is yeah seems a nice idea let's move it to the next stage in the process.

The only reason it even exists as a thing is because they're forced to deal with Crown Pools becoming end of use, either they fix Crown Pools or they create a plan to do something different, this is the plan but it's not anywhere near going ahead yet.

Until ground starts being dug up and structures being built its not happening, just like the Mint Quarter, the new bus station, the new waterfront crossing, the finishing of the waterfront, the new cycling park.

All the many projects and master plans they've had with lots of lovely artists impressions none of which have ever moved an inch further forward.

Perhaps a bit of investment funding from somewhere like, oh I dunno, Arizona, might help to get the thing up and running. Would be a massive own goal not to get it going soon.

Swimming pool Portman Road on 12:27 - Mar 12 with 3288 viewsKeno

Swimming pool Portman Road on 12:20 - Mar 12 by NthQldITFC

Perhaps a bit of investment funding from somewhere like, oh I dunno, Arizona, might help to get the thing up and running. Would be a massive own goal not to get it going soon.

Swimming towards adversity?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Swimming pool Portman Road on 12:37 - Mar 12 with 3221 viewsNthQldITFC

Swimming pool Portman Road on 12:27 - Mar 12 by Keno

Swimming towards adversity?

Swimming pool Portman Road on 12:52 - Mar 12 with 3082 viewstextbackup

Swimming pool Portman Road on 12:11 - Mar 12 by tazdac

That would have been Gary Staff I think :o)

Yes!! That’s the one. Couldn’t for the life of me remember his surname.

There was another one there, old fella, had a norwich tattoo on his forearm. And the scouse looking on with the Curley hair (passed away unfortunately a few years back, he’s was the friendly one!)

Swimming pool Portman Road on 12:56 - Mar 12 with 3026 viewsHelp

Or the athletics track and new gymnastics centre at Gainsborough where the council fu ked up the bid for funding. Also where is the parking for the two facilities or are the council expecting everyone to use the buses?

Do we need another hotel nearby, considering there is already a new one behind the SAR. Or are we expecting that one to go soon and gamechanger take over that land, and maybe the council offices as they want to move out of there as well.

[Post edited 12 Mar 16:44]
Swimming pool Portman Road on 12:59 - Mar 12 with 2993 viewshype313

Where are all those people going to park? you know, the one's that are quite happy to mow down the pedestrians to gain an extra few yards after a game.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Swimming pool Portman Road on 13:03 - Mar 12 with 2938 viewshype313

Northern Bypass

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024