Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town groundsman updates 19:30 - Mar 20 with 2597 viewsFrimleyBlue

Love these

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Town groundsman updates on 19:33 - Mar 20 with 2545 viewsDubtractor

Considering how wet (and lacking in sunlight) this winter has been, that new pitch has held up really well.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Town groundsman updates on 19:48 - Mar 20 with 2460 viewsChurchman

Town groundsman updates on 19:33 - Mar 20 by Dubtractor

Considering how wet (and lacking in sunlight) this winter has been, that new pitch has held up really well.

Yes, but there are worn patches in the goalmouths and the other side of the line in front of Pioneer spoiling the colour scheme. And the corners look a bit worn. Booo!

Seriously, yes, it’s held up well and appears to play ‘true’. I suspect it’s really helped the team. I gather it should be even better next year. Vital investment.
Town groundsman updates on 19:53 - Mar 20 with 2416 viewsMattinLondon

Town groundsman updates on 19:48 - Mar 20 by Churchman

Yes, but there are worn patches in the goalmouths and the other side of the line in front of Pioneer spoiling the colour scheme. And the corners look a bit worn. Booo!

Seriously, yes, it’s held up well and appears to play ‘true’. I suspect it’s really helped the team. I gather it should be even better next year. Vital investment.

Think it was MA who commented that the pitch should get better after two or three seasons.

It was nice to hear the Sheff Wednesday boss commenting that the pitch is so much better than there’s. Under Evans, such envious comments were few-and-far between.
Town groundsman updates on 20:12 - Mar 20 with 2325 viewsFrimleyBlue

Town groundsman updates on 19:53 - Mar 20 by MattinLondon

Think it was MA who commented that the pitch should get better after two or three seasons.

It was nice to hear the Sheff Wednesday boss commenting that the pitch is so much better than there’s. Under Evans, such envious comments were few-and-far between.

Yeah it'll be 'mature' after about 3 seasons.

Expect to see even more light units If we go up too. They cost a bomb. But the more you have the better

Waka waka eh eh

Town groundsman updates on 20:16 - Mar 20 with 2298 viewsPinewoodblue

Town groundsman updates on 20:12 - Mar 20 by FrimleyBlue

Yeah it'll be 'mature' after about 3 seasons.

Expect to see even more light units If we go up too. They cost a bomb. But the more you have the better

Need to add an energy supplier to our list of sponsors

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Town groundsman updates on 20:21 - Mar 20 with 2265 viewsFrimleyBlue

Town groundsman updates on 20:16 - Mar 20 by Pinewoodblue

Is there any reason clubs don't use solar panels? I maybe wrong but I don't think I've seen any club announce that they've installed them.

Waka waka eh eh

Town groundsman updates on 20:29 - Mar 20 with 2232 viewsBluespeed225

Town groundsman updates on 20:16 - Mar 20 by Pinewoodblue

Last time we did that it didn’t end well!
Town groundsman updates on 20:33 - Mar 20 with 2205 viewsDubtractor

Town groundsman updates on 20:21 - Mar 20 by FrimleyBlue

Is there any reason clubs don't use solar panels? I maybe wrong but I don't think I've seen any club announce that they've installed them.

Suspect it is about the timing of demand vs when the panels generate the most.

ie - generate lots in Summer (no demand), vs generate little in winter when the power is needed.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Town groundsman updates on 20:35 - Mar 20 with 2180 viewsWicklowBlue

Town groundsman updates on 20:29 - Mar 20 by Bluespeed225

Last time we did that it didn’t end well!

For both parties!!

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/21986572.txu-energi-finally-fades-history/
Town groundsman updates on 21:36 - Mar 20 with 1947 viewsSheffordBlue

I thought this a while back and then had a look at the SBR Upper stand roof. It's incredibly light weight with really long beams that run the full width of the stand. I suspect that 'as is' they probably couldn't take the weight of enough solar panels to make it viable.

A new stand build might have the option to to build them in though.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Town groundsman updates on 21:37 - Mar 20 with 1946 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Town groundsman updates on 20:33 - Mar 20 by Dubtractor

Suspect it is about the timing of demand vs when the panels generate the most.

ie - generate lots in Summer (no demand), vs generate little in winter when the power is needed.

On the other hand, the surplus energy that's generated and fed into the grid when the demand is low during the summer brings in a revenue. This can then help towards the costs incurred during the winter when the panels are less effective.
Town groundsman updates on 21:47 - Mar 20 with 1903 viewsfarkenhell

https://www.mancity.com/news/club/manchester-city-training-facility-solar-panels
Town groundsman updates on 21:48 - Mar 20 with 1887 viewsFrimleyBlue

Town groundsman updates on 21:47 - Mar 20 by farkenhell

https://www.mancity.com/news/club/manchester-city-training-facility-solar-panels

Awesome. Ta

Waka waka eh eh

Town groundsman updates on 22:03 - Mar 20 with 1829 viewsfarkenhell

Town groundsman updates on 21:48 - Mar 20 by FrimleyBlue

Awesome. Ta

Actually, a quick google reveals quite a few have them at the stadiums, including Arsenal, West Ham, Bristol City, Cheltenham, Forest Green Rovers, Maidstone & Dartford. Plus Oxford if their new ground goes ahead. Also Ajax and Atalanta.
Town groundsman updates on 22:09 - Mar 20 with 1794 viewsSwansea_Blue

Town groundsman updates on 21:47 - Mar 20 by farkenhell

I bet the cost puts a lot off. For domestic systems, 4kW costs around £10k. So City’s set up there could be well over £10M, although economies of scale no doubt kick in. On a smaller scale it’s a bit of a no-brainer given football clubs have massive roof surface areas available. Retrofit panels and micro wind turbines are a no-brainer domestically too; it’s just a shame the govt scrapped the incentives and killed off part of the industry.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Town groundsman updates on 22:40 - Mar 20 with 1696 viewsFrimleyBlue

Town groundsman updates on 22:03 - Mar 20 by farkenhell

Actually, a quick google reveals quite a few have them at the stadiums, including Arsenal, West Ham, Bristol City, Cheltenham, Forest Green Rovers, Maidstone & Dartford. Plus Oxford if their new ground goes ahead. Also Ajax and Atalanta.

That's great to see. I'll go have a gander.

Waka waka eh eh

Town groundsman updates on 22:47 - Mar 20 with 1665 viewsNthQldITFC

Town groundsman updates on 21:36 - Mar 20 by SheffordBlue

I thought this a while back and then had a look at the SBR Upper stand roof. It's incredibly light weight with really long beams that run the full width of the stand. I suspect that 'as is' they probably couldn't take the weight of enough solar panels to make it viable.

A new stand build might have the option to to build them in though.

It would be handy if that 'blew off' then and allowed us to rebuild a modified version (higher at the back and sloping down (S) to the pitch) that is acoustically better and can take the weight of some panels!

Wonder if Norwich could advise on how stadium architectural accidents happen?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Town groundsman updates on 21:27 - Mar 21 with 813 viewsbluebudgie

Town groundsman updates on 22:47 - Mar 20 by NthQldITFC

It would be handy if that 'blew off' then and allowed us to rebuild a modified version (higher at the back and sloping down (S) to the pitch) that is acoustically better and can take the weight of some panels!

Wonder if Norwich could advise on how stadium architectural accidents happen?

The answer is a box of matches and a gallon of petro!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024