Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burns 17:15 - Mar 28 with 1663 viewsLeoMuff

Can’t help but feeling this will cost us dearly, similar to Hirst he was irreplaceable in our current squad, now Omari is very very good but not a patch on Burns in that role nowhere near as direct.

I hope I’m proven wrong.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Burns on 17:18 - Mar 28 with 1633 viewsbaxterbasics

Jackson was pretty good in his place Vs Wednesday, if Omari is elsewhere.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Burns on 17:19 - Mar 28 with 1627 viewshomer_123

We've got Omari, Sarmiento, Harness and Jackson as options there.

Burns is indeed a big loss but all of the above have shown they can work that right hand side well.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Burns on 17:26 - Mar 28 with 1577 viewsDubtractor

We've got a few options, but I agree that Burns is hugely important to how we play.

Big opportunity for Omari to further impress though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Burns on 17:29 - Mar 28 with 1565 viewsMullet

If it does, it does. But I think we have enough bullets in the squad to put most teams down.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jackson start several games and blast into defences to make space and opportunities for others. Replace him with either loanee and let Ali take over that role at some point and it'll overwhelm most defences.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Burns on 17:38 - Mar 28 with 1506 viewsDarkBrandon

Losing Burns of course weakens us, but not nearly as much as the time between Hirst getting injured and Moore arriving.

We had nobody of similar quality up front.

As others have mentioned we have a few options there, and while we lose quite a bit the step down isn’t nearly as much.
Burns on 18:07 - Mar 28 with 1428 viewsstonojnr

I've felt since his last injury we've had plenty of options to the role he was doing, and he wasn't the only creative outlet we had anymore.

Very useful player absolutely id rather he was fit than injured, as either Omari wears them down bring on Burns or vice versa and we score goals.

But im not as worried by his absence impacting our season, if we don't go up it won't be because of his injury and we'll still have had a mega season anyway
Burns on 18:13 - Mar 28 with 1397 viewsMK1

Whilst Burns is a massive miss, it is our strongest department, so hopefully not to much of a miss.
Burns on 18:19 - Mar 28 with 1371 viewsArnieM

Contrary to OP view that Omari is nowhere as direct as Burns, I’d suggest he actually more direct. OH gets into the box , which Burns often doesn’t. OH has improved so much I think he’s a greater threat. But we all see it differently the only proof will be what happens on the pitch I guess. But whoever is in that role will get my full support.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Burns on 23:08 - Mar 28 with 1002 viewsbournemouthblue

Burns on 17:26 - Mar 28 by Dubtractor

We've got a few options, but I agree that Burns is hugely important to how we play.

Big opportunity for Omari to further impress though.

He will be a loss, his explosive pace is always a weapon

Jackson did have perhaps his best performance in a town shirt, as his replacement

Jackson is a surprisingly good crosser, he generally seems to pick the right ball

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Burns on 23:28 - Mar 28 with 957 viewsBlueDouglas

Nah it'll be alright. Injuries going to happen, trust the gaffer
Burns on 00:13 - Mar 29 with 897 viewsWeWereZombies

Burns on 23:08 - Mar 28 by bournemouthblue

He will be a loss, his explosive pace is always a weapon

Jackson did have perhaps his best performance in a town shirt, as his replacement

Jackson is a surprisingly good crosser, he generally seems to pick the right ball

The other aspect to playing Jackson is that he has barely had a look in all season and now he has a chance to shine, he looked very motivated against Sheffield Wednesday so I hope he gets a chance to impress again at Blackburn.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Burns on 08:05 - Mar 29 with 664 viewsRobTheMonk

Burns on 18:19 - Mar 28 by ArnieM

Contrary to OP view that Omari is nowhere as direct as Burns, I’d suggest he actually more direct. OH gets into the box , which Burns often doesn’t. OH has improved so much I think he’s a greater threat. But we all see it differently the only proof will be what happens on the pitch I guess. But whoever is in that role will get my full support.

Hutch is now starting to look very much like a 'league above' player. He's been really well managed during his time here.
Burns on 09:28 - Mar 29 with 552 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

The squad > the team selected to start any one game > one player.

It's not like McK hasn't known about Burns' absence until just now.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Burns on 10:12 - Mar 29 with 460 viewsSwansea_Blue

Burns on 18:19 - Mar 28 by ArnieM

I’m assuming the OP means Wes is always looking to make runs in behind his fullback whereas Hutch often cuts back inside or drops a bit deeper to pick up the ball. Wes is very direct. Different players though and can both suit at different times. Jacko is more like for like in that regard.

Wes is a loss, no doubt. We’ve got cover but I’m sure KM would rather use the cover to rotate.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024