Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Edmundson 19:53 - Mar 29 with 1937 viewsNutkins_Return

Deserves a lot of credit tonight. He's made such a contribution this season in the limited games he's got. Deserves so much credit to be able to put performances in and a clean sheet when he's not played a lot of football. Ground that one out tonight.
George Edmundson on 20:05 - Mar 29 with 1832 viewsFrimleyBlue

100% as an individual performance he was excellent.

The risk when bringing him in as shown by the hladky incident is the lack of understanding of position when the ball goes to hladky. That's not a slight on him more just the situation itself really.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

George Edmundson on 20:07 - Mar 29 with 1820 viewspointofblue

Him and the much aligned Woolfenden were the men of the match for me. The only two who showed up and played to their best.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

George Edmundson on 20:08 - Mar 29 with 1813 viewsHipsterectomy

George Edmundson on 20:05 - Mar 29 by FrimleyBlue

100% as an individual performance he was excellent.

The risk when bringing him in as shown by the hladky incident is the lack of understanding of position when the ball goes to hladky. That's not a slight on him more just the situation itself really.

I adore Hladky, but if a player isn't in a position surely he knows/is taught to do something else. Being thrown off as a player is slightly not where you expect them is no excuse if you're reading the game

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

George Edmundson on 20:09 - Mar 29 with 1783 viewsFrimleyBlue

George Edmundson on 20:08 - Mar 29 by Hipsterectomy

I adore Hladky, but if a player isn't in a position surely he knows/is taught to do something else. Being thrown off as a player is slightly not where you expect them is no excuse if you're reading the game

I agree.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

George Edmundson on 20:12 - Mar 29 with 1776 viewsblueislander

George Edmundson on 20:07 - Mar 29 by pointofblue

Him and the much aligned Woolfenden were the men of the match for me. The only two who showed up and played to their best.

I thought Morsy was pretty good.
George Edmundson on 20:25 - Mar 29 with 1694 viewspointofblue

George Edmundson on 20:12 - Mar 29 by blueislander

I thought Morsy was pretty good.

I don't think he was at his best. I forgot we had a midfield for much of the second half.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

George Edmundson on 20:32 - Mar 29 with 1640 viewsDarkBrandon

George Edmundson on 20:25 - Mar 29 by pointofblue

I don't think he was at his best. I forgot we had a midfield for much of the second half.

I wonder if a 5:30 kick off is particularly hard to manage if you are fasting for Ramadan. Possibly impacted both Morsy and Al-Hamedi
George Edmundson on 08:31 - Mar 30 with 1392 viewsDJR

He and Woolfy were immense yesterday, and an honorable mention in despatches goes to Axel.
[Post edited 30 Mar 8:33]
Login to get fewer ads

George Edmundson on 08:36 - Mar 30 with 1338 viewsMK1

Would have to agree. Understand why Burgess was rested, but Eddy was fantastic.
George Edmundson on 08:42 - Mar 30 with 1318 viewsNthQldITFC

George Edmundson on 20:07 - Mar 29 by pointofblue

Anyone who maligns Woolfenden in any way is a massive one for me. I guess they must have a bit of a personal hang-up from an earlier era, because in the McKenna era the Woolf has been absolutely fantastic, one of the most crucial components of our style of play and one of the biggest reasons we are where we are.

Noticeably yesterday when Blackburn weren't quite pressing us enough (for our highly tuned requirements), rather than safely recycle the ball square, Woolfy took a plunge into midfield, just enough to goad an approach from Blackburn, before immaculately shifting the ball on, without ever looking under threat. There's excellent intelligence, control and decision making in his game now which will see him do very well at the next level up if/when.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

George Edmundson on 08:55 - Mar 30 with 1243 viewsMatt_Netherlands

He was very good yesterday. But can we talk about their first disallowed goal that he seemed to slam into the back of the net! Will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he saw the flag out of the corner of his eye…..
George Edmundson on 09:00 - Mar 30 with 1215 viewsitfc_bucks

George Edmundson on 20:32 - Mar 29 by DarkBrandon

I wonder if a 5:30 kick off is particularly hard to manage if you are fasting for Ramadan. Possibly impacted both Morsy and Al-Hamedi

Sam was pressuring the ball as a makeshift centre forward in the dying moments.

If Ramadan is affecting him, Allah sure made up the difference!
George Edmundson on 18:13 - Mar 30 with 859 viewsTheBoyBlue

George Edmundson on 08:55 - Mar 30 by Matt_Netherlands

He was very good yesterday. But can we talk about their first disallowed goal that he seemed to slam into the back of the net! Will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he saw the flag out of the corner of his eye…..

Yeah, I wondered that. If he didn't know it was offside it was such a bizarre 'clearance', so I reckon he must have known!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

George Edmundson on 18:48 - Mar 30 with 782 viewsNutkins_Return

George Edmundson on 08:55 - Mar 30 by Matt_Netherlands

I think he has lost concentration with the offside but he didn't mean to do that haha!
George Edmundson on 20:10 - Mar 30 with 685 viewsRobTheMonk

George Edmundson on 09:00 - Mar 30 by itfc_bucks

Sam was pressuring the ball as a makeshift centre forward in the dying moments.

If Ramadan is affecting him, Allah sure made up the difference!

Exceptional work in the dying minutes.
George Edmundson on 21:25 - Mar 30 with 602 viewsbilllm

George Edmundson on 18:48 - Mar 30 by Nutkins_Return

I think he has lost concentration with the offside but he didn't mean to do that haha!

Had a look on his face of fcuk me I've just got away with that one,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024