Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? 20:46 - Apr 2 with 919 viewsbluelagos

Huddle of bodies (copyright Brenner), a bundle or a pile on?

For me, a child of the 80s it's defo a bundle.
[Post edited 2 Apr 20:46]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 20:47 - Apr 2 with 894 viewsbazza

100% a bunnnnndleeeeeee !!!
What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 20:48 - Apr 2 with 876 viewsGuthrum

Scenes!

(c) Rommy

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 20:49 - Apr 2 with 858 viewsJ2BLUE

Bundle.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 20:50 - Apr 2 with 853 viewsbluelagos

What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 20:47 - Apr 2 by bazza

100% a bunnnnndleeeeeee !!!

On hearing the shout you leg it and launch yourself as high as you can.

Pity the poor fcker at the bottom!

What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 21:03 - Apr 2 with 794 viewsChurchman

A chaos of happiness
What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 21:14 - Apr 2 with 749 viewsbazza

What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 20:50 - Apr 2 by bluelagos

On hearing the shout you leg it and launch yourself as high as you can.

Pity the poor fcker at the bottom!

TWTD’s
What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 21:19 - Apr 2 with 735 viewsbelgablue

Definitely a bundle. I'm sure back in my uni days some of my more northernly friends used 'pile on'

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 21:30 - Apr 2 with 717 viewsronnyd

A gaggle of limbs.
Login to get fewer ads

What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 21:33 - Apr 2 with 692 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bonkers

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 21:35 - Apr 2 with 683 viewsDarkBrandon

I still remember what we called them when I was a child. But you can’t say that any more (quite rightly)
What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 21:38 - Apr 2 with 664 viewsGlasgowBlue

ménage à onze

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 21:47 - Apr 2 with 638 viewsCrock

A horde. A pack. A shock.

Poll: Favourite number?

What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 21:59 - Apr 2 with 610 viewsflykickingbybgunn

What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 21:47 - Apr 2 by Crock

A horde. A pack. A shock.

No. Definitely a pile-on.
What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 22:05 - Apr 2 with 575 viewsRyorry

A cuddle

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 22:34 - Apr 2 with 529 viewsNthQldITFC

What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 21:38 - Apr 2 by GlasgowBlue

ménage à onze

Dry orgy?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 08:30 - Apr 3 with 404 viewsbluelagos

What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 21:38 - Apr 2 by GlasgowBlue

ménage à onze

With a chappaux on top.

What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 08:57 - Apr 3 with 386 viewsArnoldMoorhen

If you want to go a bit highbrow:

The collective noun for a group of eels, which I thought might be closest to all those as waving about, is a swarm.

That didn't quite cut it, for me, so I thought of other lithe, wriggly creatures with a bit of sinew to them, whilst also being known for having fun, and discovered that a couple of collective nouns for otters might fit the bill:

Bevy

Or

Romp

Maybe "a bevy of bodies bundling in a rapturous romp" *almost* communicates it?
What the correct terminology for what we saw yesterday? on 08:59 - Apr 3 with 377 viewsGeoffSentence

bundle

or more accurately

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnndddddlllllleee

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024