Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know he’s got some vital goals 19:05 - Apr 6 with 2714 viewsAsa

The Sunderland winner, a goal at Swansea and a wonderful bit of skill at Blackburn leading to another winner. Plus the ball to Burns against Bristol City.

Now that’s led to a fair few points of course. But since Norwich at home Chaplin has been almost anonymous for 3-4 months now. At times it’s been like playing with 10 men.

Broadhead can be the same. Sarmiento has had games like that. Far too much lately we’ve had three players behind the striker that can be completely ineffectual. Moore today didn’t look right either so make that a front four.

Before Norwich at home it felt like Chaplin and Broadhead were so involved in the play. Getting into pockets, making things happen. It’s not Hirst or Burns or anybody else missing. But 1-2 players doing one or two nice bits of skill over 90 minutes is a massive issue.
[Post edited 6 Apr 19:14]
I know he’s got some vital goals on 19:40 - Apr 6 with 2473 viewsIPSWICHINIO

Both Chaplin and Broadhead have struggled away from home. This is where we really miss Hirst imo, he helped knit the play together. Broadhead for me is the bigger concern, he's either great or he's anonymous. To be fair to Chaplin, even when he is having a quiet game, he's still getting into really good shooting positions, although his finishing has been off recently.
With two home games coming up, the hope is both of them can get some goals to build up their confidence ahead of the last two tough away games.
I know he’s got some vital goals on 19:43 - Apr 6 with 2423 viewsMK1

It really isn't a "massive issue". If it were, we wouldn't be where we are.
I know he’s got some vital goals on 19:46 - Apr 6 with 2395 views_clive_baker_

Absolute bobbins
I know he’s got some vital goals on 19:52 - Apr 6 with 2322 viewsFrimleyBlue

Imo today Chaplin went off at the wrong time.
He and broadhead weren't really involved however we had started to see davis finding Chaplin with ease and then we took him off.

I understand why.. but it was sods law with the timing.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I know he’s got some vital goals on 19:53 - Apr 6 with 2335 viewsBudapestByBlimp

In our last 7 games we've scored 16 goals with all the players you mentioned scoring, often several times (Chaplin has 2). No doubt they've all had assists in that time and we're 2nd in the table. Normally, I agree with your posts but I can't see what the problem is here (other than losing to Norwich today).
I know he’s got some vital goals on 00:26 - Apr 7 with 1914 viewsbournemouthblue

Burns has a very good relationship with Chaplin, for me he helps open up space for Chaplin to operate

He had a poor game today, Broadhead was even worse, I don't think he would have trapped a bag of cement, it was a shocker for him

But there you go, it happens, I think we should have made subs earlier.

Today really exposed our need for Burns today, his pace and running in behind would have caused problems for them imho, I think Hutch looked cooked after about 70 minutes. I think McKenna knew it too because he moved Sarmiento to the right wing and it worked alright.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I know he’s got some vital goals on 01:32 - Apr 7 with 1823 viewsColumba

Awful take.
I know he’s got some vital goals on 05:04 - Apr 7 with 1694 viewstextbackup

I honestly thought Broadhead was terrible yesterday. He has so many games where he just offers nothing and is a passenger. Loses it easily. If it doesn’t go right in the first 5/10mins then you know his game isn’t going to work

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

I know he’s got some vital goals on 10:55 - Apr 7 with 1285 viewsChurchman

Yeah, Broadhead and Chaplin are rubbish. It’s a real shame they weren’t replaced before the season started with some real players. At 13 league goals each this season, I’m sure we could easily have found better that could have banged in say 14 goals each.

Nice to see the latest in the ‘let’s put the boot in our players because we lost a game’. We’ve had Ladapo, Jackson, Burgess before the season started, Woolfenden. Who else has had the treatment? Ah yes, Mr Burns - to the point where his dad got annoyed about it.

With regard to your last sentence, there is no issue. Teams adjust, so we adjust. If they shut down Chaplin, that frees somebody else. Chaplin has his off days. Most players do. They’re not automatons. Even Haaland looks a bit leaden sometimes. Some can’t score in a brothel, others are streak players. It’s just how it is.

I’m struggling to understand the damp underwear brigade, yet again out in force after a loss. Mind you the elephantbloke hasn’t moaned up yet. Still busy celebrating I guess.

Most seasons we’d be promoted by now or close to it. That includes 91/92 when we won 84 points. McKenna said enjoy the ride. Ok yesterday was p£ss poor. Disappointing. But overall KM has a point.
I know he’s got some vital goals on 11:06 - Apr 7 with 1244 viewsBluesky

I know he’s got some vital goals on 05:04 - Apr 7 by textbackup

I honestly thought Broadhead was terrible yesterday. He has so many games where he just offers nothing and is a passenger. Loses it easily. If it doesn’t go right in the first 5/10mins then you know his game isn’t going to work

He never looks quite like a sparkling fit athlete. For instance, Magilton's fitness and energy used to enter a room before he did! What's with the constant bags under his eyes and sallow look? As for Chappers - do you think a new baby in the house might be impacting his sleep and concentration?
I know he’s got some vital goals on 11:08 - Apr 7 with 1235 viewsbournemouthblue

I think that was Broadhead's worst game for us, I don't think he'd have trapped a bag of cement yesterday in all honesty

Sarmiento came on and was a breath of fresh air

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I know he’s got some vital goals on 16:24 - Apr 7 with 1065 viewsbilllm

Agree, I've said it all season he should never start away from home,
He isa passenger no fight goes missing,
Now at home that's a different story,
I know he’s got some vital goals on 16:55 - Apr 7 with 975 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

I know he’s got some vital goals on 16:24 - Apr 7 by billlm

Agree, I've said it all season he should never start away from home,
He isa passenger no fight goes missing,
Now at home that's a different story,

Away goals
Moore 5
Chaplin 5
Broadhead 4

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

I know he’s got some vital goals on 17:28 - Apr 7 with 888 viewshoppy

I know he’s got some vital goals on 11:08 - Apr 7 by bournemouthblue

I think that was Broadhead's worst game for us, I don't think he'd have trapped a bag of cement yesterday in all honesty

Sarmiento came on and was a breath of fresh air

What is this obsession for wanting Broadhead to trap a bag of cement - that's not a normal kind of requirement for a footballer, is it? More likely to cause an injury too, I would've thought?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I know he’s got some vital goals on 20:16 - Apr 7 with 698 viewsKeno

I know he’s got some vital goals on 17:28 - Apr 7 by hoppy

What is this obsession for wanting Broadhead to trap a bag of cement - that's not a normal kind of requirement for a footballer, is it? More likely to cause an injury too, I would've thought?

I think he’s just a little set in his views
[Post edited 7 Apr 20:21]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I know he’s got some vital goals on 20:18 - Apr 7 with 682 viewsWickets

What on earth are you talking about !
I know he’s got some vital goals on 20:30 - Apr 7 with 627 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

Post like this are so stupid and uneducated on so many levels. Here is the main reason why:

As we all know most seasons with this points tally we would already be promoted. Therefore you'd be looking at the team and individuals from a different mindset despite them performing the exact same level. And let's say we were already promoted you would then not have these odd views of certain players.
I know he’s got some vital goals on 21:33 - Apr 7 with 552 viewsbilllm

I know he’s got some vital goals on 16:55 - Apr 7 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Away goals
Moore 5
Chaplin 5
Broadhead 4

25% i guess , he's not strong enough
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024