Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KMc quotes vs Norwich 13:34 - Apr 7 with 2433 viewsHemelBlue

Disclaimer: obviously KMc is awesome. Winning mentality instilled deep within. Astute tactical changes to change things, create goals, win games. The man is a genius, that’s not up for debate.

However… I am a bit perplexed by his interviews post Norwich specifically. They did a tactical number on us both games. Could have won the first. Definitely won the second on merit.

After PR game, Keiran says we would have won the game 9 times out of 10, which I did not really agree with and seemed a bit sour.

Then yesterday he says neither team played at a high level and there was nothing in the game. That is definitely salty. It is true for us, as we were below our best. Unfortunately, Norwich played well. They scored when well on top, defended comfortably and had several opportunities to push for a second. One of those we were lucky not to get a red.

McKenna never acknowledged that norwich did stuff we needed to respond to. More importantly he did not respond effectively in the match. Yes, teams have beaten us before this season but rarely have a team so far short of us been so comfortable against us. He really did nothing to address that then said it was Ipswich who were comfortable. I don’t buy it. It’s like he has a mental block against them.

I wonder whether the pressure to please the fans changes his approach or clouds his judgement specifically against them. Two rare off days for him, matched by really odd accounts of the game. If you’re going to criticise the opposition, better to do it after you’ve beaten them, not vice versa, or it looks like sour grapes and probably is.

Maybe sour grapes from me. Still beyond gutted.
[Post edited 7 Apr 13:37]
KMc quotes vs Norwich on 13:37 - Apr 7 with 2371 viewspointofblue

Interestingly, in both games we had the higher xG, according to FlashScore - 0.54-0.80 yesterday and 2.06-0.59 at Portman Road. So he as absolutely right with his first assessment about the December game and not too far off it yesterday either. It was a scrappy, tight affair decided but one bit of skill/mistake (delete as applicable).

Norwich did what they needed to do, and credit to them, but it was nothing special. We do need to work out how how to beat teams which play this style, though, including mid-game changes.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 13:51 - Apr 7 with 2276 viewsSitfcB

I agree with the boss.

Don’t think Norwich were great.

If it wasn’t for the goal they did score it would’ve probably finished 0-0 - wasn’t anything else in the game. Neither GK had a save to make.

Poor game from both sides.
[Post edited 7 Apr 14:37]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 13:58 - Apr 7 with 2217 viewsHerbivore

If that was Norwich playing well by their standards then they're screwed in the play offs. We weren't at our best and they squeezed past us courtesy of a goalkeeping error. Despite being well off it we still exerted enough pressure and created enough moments in the last 20 mins to get an equaliser, hence us ending the game with higher xG than them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 14:01 - Apr 7 with 2213 viewsle2blue

Lucky to not get a red?! Have you seen the "challenge" from Morsy? Sargent jumps in front of him, if anything he should have been booked for diving...

It was a poor game of football. We were poor, Norwich were not much better but benefited from a long range shot our keeper should have dealt with. We move on and move on glad that we have the world class manager we have and the team.
KMc quotes vs Norwich on 14:06 - Apr 7 with 2145 viewsRadlett_blue

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 13:37 - Apr 7 by pointofblue

Interestingly, in both games we had the higher xG, according to FlashScore - 0.54-0.80 yesterday and 2.06-0.59 at Portman Road. So he as absolutely right with his first assessment about the December game and not too far off it yesterday either. It was a scrappy, tight affair decided but one bit of skill/mistake (delete as applicable).

Norwich did what they needed to do, and credit to them, but it was nothing special. We do need to work out how how to beat teams which play this style, though, including mid-game changes.

Kieran, understandably, will rarely really discuss things that went wrong in public. He'll go away and think about it. His overall assessment that we were in control & happy as the away team in a derby until the succession of free kicks & corners led to a Norwich goal. However we failed to find an appropriate response to Norwich's tactics to hold on to their lead, which they executed very well. I'm sure he will have some private thoughts about that. I would still be concerned if we were to play Norwich again in the play offs, given how the 2 games against them have gone this season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 14:10 - Apr 7 with 2106 viewstextbackup

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 13:58 - Apr 7 by Herbivore

If that was Norwich playing well by their standards then they're screwed in the play offs. We weren't at our best and they squeezed past us courtesy of a goalkeeping error. Despite being well off it we still exerted enough pressure and created enough moments in the last 20 mins to get an equaliser, hence us ending the game with higher xG than them.

Did we balls… maybe 1 shot on target in that second half. That’s not enough to push for a draw.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 14:11 - Apr 7 with 2094 viewsPrideOfTheEast

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 14:10 - Apr 7 by textbackup

Did we balls… maybe 1 shot on target in that second half. That’s not enough to push for a draw.

Right, they should have won 2 or 3 nil surely? I’d be very confident of getting to the play off final if I was them.

Edit if they play us!
[Post edited 7 Apr 14:12]
KMc quotes vs Norwich on 14:14 - Apr 7 with 2051 viewstextbackup

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 14:11 - Apr 7 by PrideOfTheEast

Right, they should have won 2 or 3 nil surely? I’d be very confident of getting to the play off final if I was them.

Edit if they play us!

We passed it about, lost it countless times, and they had 3/4 decentish chances!

One half chance from Chaplin I think I counted?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 14:17 - Apr 7 with 2032 viewsHemelBlue

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 14:01 - Apr 7 by le2blue

Lucky to not get a red?! Have you seen the "challenge" from Morsy? Sargent jumps in front of him, if anything he should have been booked for diving...

It was a poor game of football. We were poor, Norwich were not much better but benefited from a long range shot our keeper should have dealt with. We move on and move on glad that we have the world class manager we have and the team.

Sky pundits thought it was a foul and I agree with that analysis. Sargent did check his run but he has the right to do that as he has possession of the ball and Morsy crashes through the back of him, taking him out. We were very lucky not to be down to 10. This is just one example of us giving away more opportunities than we created
KMc quotes vs Norwich on 14:24 - Apr 7 with 1973 viewsFrimleyBlue

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 14:14 - Apr 7 by textbackup

We passed it about, lost it countless times, and they had 3/4 decentish chances!

One half chance from Chaplin I think I counted?

To counter that though Text, those chances Nodge had, they didn't carve them out themselves, we misplaced passes to them inside our own half and they countered At least with our chances we actually created them for ourselves, despite there being little of them.

Neither side were great. Nodge deserved to win as they scored one goal, however neither side played well, it wasn't a great game.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 14:33 - Apr 7 with 1943 viewspeterleeblue

I think KMC was just frustrated.
We played below our levels and their game plan was entirely about sitting in and hitting Sargent.

The bit I was pleased that KMC identified was the series of free kicks that seemed to arise from the incorrect one against Tuanzebe that seemed to get the crowd excited. We were in control and were running the game to our stay in it agenda until 60-70th minute and then unleash our talented fresh legs.

I think his salty comments were probably more about trying to appease us more than anything else.
KMc quotes vs Norwich on 14:38 - Apr 7 with 1907 viewsFtnfwest

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 14:17 - Apr 7 by HemelBlue

Sky pundits thought it was a foul and I agree with that analysis. Sargent did check his run but he has the right to do that as he has possession of the ball and Morsy crashes through the back of him, taking him out. We were very lucky not to be down to 10. This is just one example of us giving away more opportunities than we created

He literally sticks his leg across Morsy and trips him up despite having possession, free kick town.
KMc quotes vs Norwich on 14:43 - Apr 7 with 1869 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sky pundits that I watched said that Sergeant "bought" it and it was clear simulation.

If it had been a foul, it would have been a booking at most as Woolfenden was directly between the ball and the goal.

I don't get this narrative that they created more than us. We had a clear penalty not awarded, Al Hamadi one-on-one with their keeper and a chance Chaplin should have buried. They scored from a free kick that should never have gone in and forced Hladky into a save direct from a corner that no keeper should be beaten by as well as one blocked shot.

The only thing they were significantly better than us at was stopping us playing and throwing themselves to the ground and looking upset when it wasn't a free kick along with throwing spare balls on the pitch to stop the match.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 17:43 - Apr 7 with 1512 viewsGarv

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 14:43 - Apr 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Sky pundits that I watched said that Sergeant "bought" it and it was clear simulation.

If it had been a foul, it would have been a booking at most as Woolfenden was directly between the ball and the goal.

I don't get this narrative that they created more than us. We had a clear penalty not awarded, Al Hamadi one-on-one with their keeper and a chance Chaplin should have buried. They scored from a free kick that should never have gone in and forced Hladky into a save direct from a corner that no keeper should be beaten by as well as one blocked shot.

The only thing they were significantly better than us at was stopping us playing and throwing themselves to the ground and looking upset when it wasn't a free kick along with throwing spare balls on the pitch to stop the match.

It really wasn't a clear penalty.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 18:07 - Apr 7 with 1428 views2-5-7

He wasn't in possession of the ball.
His last touch with his left foot is a bad one so it's going away from him and he makes a bit of a leap in front of Sam to try and recover.
Not a foul.
Even if Sky Sports say and I have my blue sunglasses to one side.

And while I'm at it the Tuanzebe incident also wasn't a foul let alone a yellow.

None of our close call appeals in or near the penalty area were fouls either.
KMc quotes vs Norwich on 18:17 - Apr 7 with 1374 viewslowhouseblue

have you watched the clip? you don't seem to be enjoying us being in the automatic promotion places.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Not sure I agree with most of that on 18:51 - Apr 7 with 1267 viewsunstableblue

He wasn’t salty he was just frustrated at his teams performance in what was a poor game.

He’s absolutely right to state it was a low level game.

Look Town had multiple players playing at 5/10. Luongo for example was very poor. Yet we dominated possession and had the same shot stats. Norwich did just deserve the win, but not by a large margin given how poor we were.

You’re saying it was a tactical masterclass but if you put a fired up and fit Town 11 against that Norwich side we win. They were quite anaemic themselves. Do admit they carved out some good chances but we were chasing the game.

And we were by far the better team in the home game.

Where I think criticism of McKenna might be valid is the time it took to get Taylor on the pitch. And indeed other subs. Luongo made 5 errors in the first half alone. And was struggling. But he’s been brilliant for most of the season.

Danger fans are making too much out of Saturday in the grand scheme of things. Fans need to react by making Portman Road on Weds, not fixated on Norwich.
[Post edited 7 Apr 19:25]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 19:24 - Apr 7 with 1159 viewsbournemouthblue

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 14:11 - Apr 7 by PrideOfTheEast

Edit if they play us!

I hope that victory leads to some complacency on their part

I think it was one of those classic, grind a result out against a higher placed team type of result from them

They won ugly but I agree, they were by no means brilliant

I do think that strange phase of free kicks for soft fouls was the deciding part of the game. Of course we were going to give them chances on the break, chasing the game but from general play, they created very little

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Not sure I agree with most of that on 19:57 - Apr 7 with 1039 viewsHemelBlue

Not sure I agree with most of that on 18:51 - Apr 7 by unstableblue

He wasn’t salty he was just frustrated at his teams performance in what was a poor game.

He’s absolutely right to state it was a low level game.

Look Town had multiple players playing at 5/10. Luongo for example was very poor. Yet we dominated possession and had the same shot stats. Norwich did just deserve the win, but not by a large margin given how poor we were.

You’re saying it was a tactical masterclass but if you put a fired up and fit Town 11 against that Norwich side we win. They were quite anaemic themselves. Do admit they carved out some good chances but we were chasing the game.

And we were by far the better team in the home game.

Where I think criticism of McKenna might be valid is the time it took to get Taylor on the pitch. And indeed other subs. Luongo made 5 errors in the first half alone. And was struggling. But he’s been brilliant for most of the season.

Danger fans are making too much out of Saturday in the grand scheme of things. Fans need to react by making Portman Road on Weds, not fixated on Norwich.
[Post edited 7 Apr 19:25]

Not saying it was a tactical masterclass at all, I actually couldn’t care less about how they played. If we play to our potential, we beat them home or away. I am more interested in McKenna seeming to not be his usual self against them and us not getting near that potential (twice). He would not usually slag off the opposition after losing or drawing. He usually is modest, classy and gives credit. He would not usually see a game slipping away without making a consequential change. Just seems like Norwich got to him twice, or the different significance of those particular games maybe fazed him. Hopefully we finish top 2 and that is not relevant for another 18months minimum.
Not sure I agree with most of that on 20:00 - Apr 7 with 1025 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not sure I agree with most of that on 19:57 - Apr 7 by HemelBlue

Not saying it was a tactical masterclass at all, I actually couldn’t care less about how they played. If we play to our potential, we beat them home or away. I am more interested in McKenna seeming to not be his usual self against them and us not getting near that potential (twice). He would not usually slag off the opposition after losing or drawing. He usually is modest, classy and gives credit. He would not usually see a game slipping away without making a consequential change. Just seems like Norwich got to him twice, or the different significance of those particular games maybe fazed him. Hopefully we finish top 2 and that is not relevant for another 18months minimum.

All we have to do is target their left back and go quick against their cbs.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Not sure I agree with most of that on 20:04 - Apr 7 with 1003 viewsbournemouthblue

Not sure I agree with most of that on 20:00 - Apr 7 by FrimleyBlue

All we have to do is target their left back and go quick against their cbs.

That's what we need to do, obviously Burns is a big loss on that front

His pace is very handy in away games, it gives you chances to break quickly

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 20:07 - Apr 7 with 988 viewswaveneyblue

Could've won the first? Are you on crack ? They scored with their two attempts on goal ?
KMc quotes vs Norwich on 21:49 - Apr 7 with 809 viewsN2_Blue

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 20:07 - Apr 7 by waveneyblue

Could've won the first? Are you on crack ? They scored with their two attempts on goal ?

Indeed. That was as about a one sided 2-2 draw you'll get. To say Norwich could or should have won that game is quite frankly just making stuff up.

We bossed them most of the game. They did have one spell where they controlled things but didn't create anythinng other than the two goals they scored and they were pretty much both out of Nothng. Broadhaed on his won should have scored 3!

But we miles off Saturday and 2-0 probably wouldn't have flattered them but didn't think they played very well. It was a poor quality game, again McKenna is right there

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

KMc quotes vs Norwich on 22:02 - Apr 7 with 767 viewsReusersTown

Then you have no idea what your talking about, and don't even remember what the sky commentators said yourself, as the noticed Sargants dive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024