Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again 09:03 - Apr 14 with 4858 viewsonceablue

If they don’t we will have to win both at Hull and Coventry

Unfortunately I think Leeds will win at both QPR and Middlesbrough which will put them 4 points clear or in fact 5 because of their goal difference

I think our best hope is Leicester continuing to falter

If these 2 weeks off don’t work in our favour then for the 1st time this season we will really be in MUST WIN TERRITORY

Other concern is we have only scored 28 goals in 21 away games and 4 of them came in 1 game

I really think yesterday was the key if we had have won that we were up

We all know our record in the Play offs so I have resigned myself to another year in championship
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:06 - Apr 14 with 3241 viewsMJallday

That’s the spirit

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:08 - Apr 14 with 3204 viewsITFCBlues

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:06 - Apr 14 by MJallday

That’s the spirit

Yesterday does kind of feel massive in fairness.

Think we needed to win yesterday, would've meant we just needed 6 points and Coventry could well be on the beach by the time we play them.

Hull is a difficult game as things stand. They're in great form and I just can't see us winning there.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:08 - Apr 14 with 3210 viewsDubtractor

Honestly can't understand this 'worst case scenario' mindset that some of you have.

Just enjoy being top of the league with 3 games left I reckon, and stress about the last 3 being must win if we get to that point.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:09 - Apr 14 with 3193 viewsDubtractor

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:08 - Apr 14 by ITFCBlues

Think we needed to win yesterday, would've meant we just needed 6 points and Coventry could well be on the beach by the time we play them.

Hull is a difficult game as things stand. They're in great form and I just can't see us winning there.

Hull have won 2 of their last 6.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:11 - Apr 14 with 3174 viewsMJallday

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:08 - Apr 14 by ITFCBlues

Leeds need to win all 3. They won’t
Leicester need to win all 3. They won’t

Win 1 , the others are done IMO

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:12 - Apr 14 with 3165 viewstextbackup

It does feel a bit like the three of us (Leeds Leicester Town) have all had our cock up moments now, teams that have been as consistent as the three of us have been won’t continue this poor form for much longer.

Seems like there was periods where we’d all win every week, and now between us we can’t buy one! But we aren’t all where we are by luck, the two teams that show some decent form in the final three games will go up, to put it simply.

We need to hope and pray that our seemingly tired/fcked squad get a bit of rest and find enough to see us over the line

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:14 - Apr 14 with 3146 viewsLeoMuff

The positive side is that even if we miss out on autos, we will hopefully have Burns and Hirst back and everyone rested, which when you you go back to Aug to Dec we were unstoppable, we have only lost 6 games in total the whole season.

We will be tough tough to beat in the play offs with everyone fit and firing.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:15 - Apr 14 with 3134 viewstractorboy1978

Leeds are in proper must win territory. One draw means 6 points is enough for us. One loss means 5 points is enough.
[Post edited 14 Apr 9:16]
Login to get fewer ads

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:16 - Apr 14 with 3131 viewsbadadski

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:11 - Apr 14 by MJallday

Leeds need to win all 3. They won’t
Leicester need to win all 3. They won’t

Win 1 , the others are done IMO

Leicester have 4 games still so it’s possible they will win the 3 home games although some tough teams. Like others have said, playing the mid table teams isn’t what people have expected in regards to easy games, no such thing at this level as players are playing for contracts, showcasing them selves etc but with the added caveat of no pressure in the teams position.
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:17 - Apr 14 with 3114 viewsonceablue

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:08 - Apr 14 by Dubtractor

Honestly can't understand this 'worst case scenario' mindset that some of you have.

Just enjoy being top of the league with 3 games left I reckon, and stress about the last 3 being must win if we get to that point.

Yes I am trying to enjoy but knowing by next Monday we will be 3rd and likely to stay there.

Yesterday was a bigger game than a lot of people are suggesting as it would have then put them in must win territory

I think both Leeds and Leicester fans will be waking up thinking ‘Ipswich have let us off the hook’ again and will also be thinking a lot more positive then us

Leeds and Leicester can potentially put us out of the automatic race over the next couple of weeks
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:18 - Apr 14 with 3097 viewsITFCBlues

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:09 - Apr 14 by Dubtractor

7 points from their last 3... Now that they have an almost fully fit squad.

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:21 - Apr 14 with 3070 viewsJammyDodgerrr

As well established already, the team goes into every game trying to win. Nothing has changed, we only care about ourselves. Leeds and Leicester can do what they like over the next two weeks and it won't affect the preparations or the mindset of the staff.

It's the reason we've been so successful under McKenna. Everyone just needs to calm down.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:22 - Apr 14 with 3065 viewsITFCBlues

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:17 - Apr 14 by onceablue

Yes I am trying to enjoy but knowing by next Monday we will be 3rd and likely to stay there.

Yesterday was a bigger game than a lot of people are suggesting as it would have then put them in must win territory

I think both Leeds and Leicester fans will be waking up thinking ‘Ipswich have let us off the hook’ again and will also be thinking a lot more positive then us

Leeds and Leicester can potentially put us out of the automatic race over the next couple of weeks

Exactly how I feel. It's not inconceivable that they both win 2 games which means we'd have to win at Hull and Coventry.

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:26 - Apr 14 with 3007 viewsonceablue

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:21 - Apr 14 by JammyDodgerrr

As well established already, the team goes into every game trying to win. Nothing has changed, we only care about ourselves. Leeds and Leicester can do what they like over the next two weeks and it won't affect the preparations or the mindset of the staff.

It's the reason we've been so successful under McKenna. Everyone just needs to calm down.

Unfortunately we have faltered at the wrong time 2 points out of the last 9
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:27 - Apr 14 with 3005 viewsBlueOura

Leeds can't do anything to us, it's up to us. Win our three games and they can't touch us.
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:28 - Apr 14 with 2998 viewsDubtractor

They can't put us out of anything. It's still in our hands regardless of other results.

And why do you assume they will win their games, but we won't, when they are faltering too?

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:28 - Apr 14 with 2988 viewstractorboy1978

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:22 - Apr 14 by ITFCBlues

Exactly how I feel. It's not inconceivable that they both win 2 games which means we'd have to win at Hull and Coventry.

It's also not inconceivable that they drop points though so it's pointless catastrophising about it.
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:29 - Apr 14 with 2984 viewsStokieBlue

"Leeds and Leicester can potentially put us out of the automatic race over the next couple of weeks"

Simply incorrect. Leeds cannot put us out of the title race at any point because we are ahead of them on the same games. If we win our games then we are up - Leeds can do nothing about it.

Negativity and false statements aren't going to help.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:31 - Apr 14 with 2961 viewsITFCBlues

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:28 - Apr 14 by tractorboy1978

It's also not inconceivable that they drop points though so it's pointless catastrophising about it.

You're right. Just can't help but be pessimistic with all things ITFC!

I'm hopeful that Burns will be available for Hull. I think having that option is massive. It massivley improves our options from the bench.

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:33 - Apr 14 with 2949 viewsonceablue

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:28 - Apr 14 by Dubtractor

They can't put us out of anything. It's still in our hands regardless of other results.

And why do you assume they will win their games, but we won't, when they are faltering too?

Because we all know that potentially they are a better side than us and were expected to be in this position
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:33 - Apr 14 with 2945 viewscbower

No matter what Leeds do, right now it's in our own hands. Wnen we play next it will be. Just enjoy that for now.

bluescouser

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:34 - Apr 14 with 2922 viewsbilllm

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:09 - Apr 14 by Dubtractor

I'm glad hull is before Coventry,
This one is more than winnable see how many were behind after our break,
3 points max would be brilliant
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:46 - Apr 14 with 2857 viewsDubtractor

To show a much more positive spin.

If we win 2 of our remaining 3, then Leeds have to win all 3 remaining games to go above us.

Of course they might, but they have a pretty tough last 3.

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:48 - Apr 14 with 2827 viewsSitfcB

Just got to wait and see what happens and where we are at come 17:00 on Saturday 27th.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:52 - Apr 14 with 2781 viewsChurchman

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:33 - Apr 14 by onceablue

Because we all know that potentially they are a better side than us and were expected to be in this position

Leeds, Leicester and Southampton are all better than us. Parachute clubs dripping in money. In Leicesters case not even money they’re entitled to. Yet here we sit on 14th April top of the heap 42 games in. The table rarely lies. Leeds blew up at home against Blackburn, who we beat the other day. Leicester lost at Argyle who we put away a few weeks ago with ease.

Whatever these better teams than us do, we have three games to play and win. Just three. We are not playing those teams. Ignore them. Just go out and try and win our games. We played better yesterday and form tends to trend up or down. We were scratching for results before the Norwich game. A little recharge of the batteries, training, injury recovery and who knows.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024