Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds / Leicester forums 15:14 - Apr 15 with 4521 viewsBlueNomad

Just spent a little while browsing. I always thought Leeds fans were arrogant and full of entitlement but, at the moment anyway, they are surpassed by Leicester. Apparently we are lucky (according to many), favoured by the EFL and generally not up to much (some of us started the season expecting a relegation battle). Leeds, on the other hand, are generally complementary, and are full of praise for what we have achieved.

It's the "luck" bit that gets me - three penalties all season for a team that has scored more goals and had more shots than any team in the division. Deluded.
Leeds / Leicester forums on 15:18 - Apr 15 with 3787 viewslizzibee

dont forget to add deflected goals to that, mainly from Leicester. Southampton not a huge amount better
Leeds / Leicester forums on 15:25 - Apr 15 with 3706 viewsEuropablue

It's fixed so that Ipswich go up to make the EFL more exciting. Don't ask my why we drew against Watford and we were denied a penalty against Middlesborough. Maybe to make it look like it's not fixed?
Leeds / Leicester forums on 15:26 - Apr 15 with 3684 viewsIllinoisblue

Leicester fans calling us lucky? Presumably fans of the same Leicester who got away with cheating FFP rules in 2013/14 and which paved the way for their “fairytale” prem win, and the same Leicester who have again cheated the rules but are somehow escaping punishment.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leeds / Leicester forums on 15:29 - Apr 15 with 3645 viewsJ2BLUE

Leicester are a warning to us.

Since their title win their level of delusion has been extremely high.

If we go up we need to be careful to remember where we've come from. Can already see signs of arrogance creeping in and looking down on similar sized clubs.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Leeds / Leicester forums on 15:40 - Apr 15 with 3518 viewsMeadowlark

"complimentary?"
Leeds / Leicester forums on 16:03 - Apr 15 with 3369 viewsNthQldITFC

Leeds / Leicester forums on 15:40 - Apr 15 by Meadowlark

"complimentary?"

Kind words are free.

I care not a jot about the ridiculous claims of Leeds and Leicester fans (or any others). The falsity of their claims is well documented (and perversely should be applied to them, not us), but what it really demonstrates is their massive insecurity about the fantastic Blue Army which is sat on top of them.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Leeds / Leicester forums on 16:10 - Apr 15 with 3311 viewsHarleydavidsonBlue

Leeds / Leicester forums on 15:40 - Apr 15 by Meadowlark

"complimentary?"

KMcK - Manager of the season - Lucky !
LD - In the Team of the Season - Lucky !
WB - EFL Goal of the Season - Lucky !
LCFC - Not getting points deducted this season - LUCKY :-) (Cheats)
Leeds / Leicester forums on 16:14 - Apr 15 with 3285 views_clive_baker_

I know every club has its tools and good folk among their ranks but I remember meeting a Leeds fan in a bar in Greece once. My now wife (then girlfriend) did that annoying thing she does where she started talking to his wife, thus putting me in an awkward position of having to actually talk to a stranger rather than just enjoy my holiday beers in the evening sun. He must've been 50's, bald bloke with Leeds United tattoos, so I did the very obvious thing of talking about football. He proceeded to wax lyrical about Ipswich, so much so that I thought he was just brown nosing really. Then he reeled off pretty much the whole starting XI from the Sir Bobby era, was telling me how good that team was and how unlucky I was to have missed it. Said despite growing up Leeds through and through he and his dad loved watching Ipswich so much that they even went to our games, which I found staggering. Really nice bloke to be fair, one of them where you see his family around the pool the next day and give him a thumbs up like you're best mates.
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds / Leicester forums on 16:19 - Apr 15 with 3210 viewsHerbivore

Leicester are such entitled, cheating bellends that it's actually making me want Leeds to go up with us. Imagine being such tw@ts that you make someone prefer Leeds!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's a common theme I've found Bakers on 16:23 - Apr 15 with 3188 viewsDyland

Leeds / Leicester forums on 16:14 - Apr 15 by _clive_baker_

I know every club has its tools and good folk among their ranks but I remember meeting a Leeds fan in a bar in Greece once. My now wife (then girlfriend) did that annoying thing she does where she started talking to his wife, thus putting me in an awkward position of having to actually talk to a stranger rather than just enjoy my holiday beers in the evening sun. He must've been 50's, bald bloke with Leeds United tattoos, so I did the very obvious thing of talking about football. He proceeded to wax lyrical about Ipswich, so much so that I thought he was just brown nosing really. Then he reeled off pretty much the whole starting XI from the Sir Bobby era, was telling me how good that team was and how unlucky I was to have missed it. Said despite growing up Leeds through and through he and his dad loved watching Ipswich so much that they even went to our games, which I found staggering. Really nice bloke to be fair, one of them where you see his family around the pool the next day and give him a thumbs up like you're best mates.

Fans of a certain age get very effusive when talking about Sir Bobby's Town teams. There are a ton of footy fans from all different clubs who love talking about Town. I've posted it countless times on here but it always makes me smile to remind Norwich friends that when neutrals talk about Town they talk Robson, Ramsay and even Burley's fifth place finish; when they talk Nodge they talk about Delia, Steven Fry and what a baller Ed Balls is etc. History, near and far, means everything to football chat. Our feathered friends do protest a little too much when scoffing at us on this front :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Arf on 16:25 - Apr 15 with 3163 viewsDyland

Leeds / Leicester forums on 16:19 - Apr 15 by Herbivore

Leicester are such entitled, cheating bellends that it's actually making me want Leeds to go up with us. Imagine being such tw@ts that you make someone prefer Leeds!

Not quite for me, but I know what you mean.

Town and Saints please (which is also saying something considering Martin is such a lemon).

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Leeds / Leicester forums on 16:27 - Apr 15 with 3131 viewstextbackup

I always end up with one of those on holiday, problem being they know/saw more of our glory years than I did as wasn’t born!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It's a common theme I've found Bakers on 16:29 - Apr 15 with 3104 views_clive_baker_

It's a common theme I've found Bakers on 16:23 - Apr 15 by Dyland

Fans of a certain age get very effusive when talking about Sir Bobby's Town teams. There are a ton of footy fans from all different clubs who love talking about Town. I've posted it countless times on here but it always makes me smile to remind Norwich friends that when neutrals talk about Town they talk Robson, Ramsay and even Burley's fifth place finish; when they talk Nodge they talk about Delia, Steven Fry and what a baller Ed Balls is etc. History, near and far, means everything to football chat. Our feathered friends do protest a little too much when scoffing at us on this front :)

Quite. Certainly validates a lot when you hear other teams' fans purring over Ipswich sides from yesteryear. Its one thing your own fans thinking it, but really was quite something to listen to from a Lids supporter. So much so it stuck with me.

For my era I guess it's a bit like United, they've obviously always been a big fish and had more longevity and success than us under Sir Bobby, but now they're a bit sh1t and the premier league has disappeared even further up its ar5e its a bit easier to look back on that Fergie class of '92 with a bit more admiration.
Leeds / Leicester forums on 16:36 - Apr 15 with 3005 views_clive_baker_

Leeds / Leicester forums on 16:27 - Apr 15 by textbackup

I always end up with one of those on holiday, problem being they know/saw more of our glory years than I did as wasn’t born!

I tend to as well. Was in Madrid a couple of years ago with some friends for a weekend away and it happened to coincide with United playing Atletico the Champions league. We had booked it well before the draw, ended up getting p1ssed with a lot of older proper United fans and heard some brilliant tales of some of their away days at PR over the years. Rum bunch some of them.
Leeds / Leicester forums on 16:52 - Apr 15 with 2885 viewsbaxterbasics

I really hope they both miss out somehow, and get to fight Nodge to the death via the playoffs. Even better if WBA are ultimate winners, unlikely as that seems at the mo.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Leeds / Leicester forums on 16:53 - Apr 15 with 2873 viewsNRJ

I watched the end of a Leeds YouTube watch along after they drew with Sunderland the other night. There were genuinely people in the online chat who thought it would be unfair if we went up and Leeds didn’t given they beat us twice this season. All this after they had recorded their only point of the season against Sunderland who we beat twice.
Leeds / Leicester forums on 16:54 - Apr 15 with 2850 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Never met a decent Leicester fan. Have met plenty of alright Leeds ones, and to be fair they are like any other massive club... have a load of single minded people which some might see as arrogant, but on balance I'd quite like us to have more of.
Leeds / Leicester forums on 16:54 - Apr 15 with 2861 viewsOldFart71

I remember the days when I stood in the North Stand and it was divided into two with fencing down the middle to separate fans. This has been replaced by the internet where trolls throw insults at each other and a personal opinion counts for nothing. You are not allowed according to some to have any opinion that in any way is different to theirs. They always say you make your own luck. Many games Town have been in this season has seen them come from behind down to sheer determination and no small help from excellent substitutions. Many have pointed to the few penalties we have been awarded and added to that the last two games where we have hit the post. Injuries and illness haven't been kind to us as well. Nor excuses more a reason to say we haven't been lucky. As for this EFL thing about wanting us to go up to prove that parachute payments don't make those receiving them in any way at an advantage, well, even if we do go up it's still shown that parachute payments make a huge advantage as you will still have three teams in the top four who got parachute payments.
Leeds / Leicester forums on 17:49 - Apr 15 with 2519 viewsChurchman

Leeds / Leicester forums on 16:54 - Apr 15 by PrideOfTheEast

Never met a decent Leicester fan. Have met plenty of alright Leeds ones, and to be fair they are like any other massive club... have a load of single minded people which some might see as arrogant, but on balance I'd quite like us to have more of.

Leicester supporters are by and large ok. In fact most clubs’ are. There is your usual selection of tools following every club but that’s life. As a general impression, I will say, supporters of Arse, Spurs and particularly Chelsea are the worst.

Chelsea are choc full of entitled berks, most of whom are since the dodgy Russian wormed onto the scene. Even my mate whose support goes back to the 70s has a skewed view and a sense of entitlement when it comes to Chelsea and the Premier League.
Leeds / Leicester forums on 18:07 - Apr 15 with 2418 viewspeterleeblue

To be fair I am fortunate enough to be invited once a season to Leeds via a contractor who has a box.
Generally find the guys I share the afternoon / evening with to be very fair and balanced with a great sense of humour.
By and large I think Leeds are a "proper" football club.
Leeds / Leicester forums on 18:12 - Apr 15 with 2385 viewspointofblue

Is this much different to our approach towards Plymouth last year?

I think it's a bit rich of Leicester fans to call out 'luck' considering they broke the rules in a bid to stay up and then took advantage of this in the second tier.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Leeds / Leicester forums on 18:17 - Apr 15 with 2337 viewsNthQldITFC

Leeds / Leicester forums on 16:53 - Apr 15 by NRJ

I watched the end of a Leeds YouTube watch along after they drew with Sunderland the other night. There were genuinely people in the online chat who thought it would be unfair if we went up and Leeds didn’t given they beat us twice this season. All this after they had recorded their only point of the season against Sunderland who we beat twice.

I think we sometimes take other clubs' fans' posts too seriously. I can't imagine any of those Leeds fans literally thought it would be unfair if we went up and Leeds didn’t given they beat us twice this season. I tend to see those things more as a frustrated whinge indicative of, but not definitively demonstrating, insanity.

Then again, it is Yorkshire.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Leeds / Leicester forums on 18:19 - Apr 15 with 2329 viewswischip

I'd quite like to see Leeds v Norwich in the play-off final. They could call it the Farke Derby
Leeds / Leicester forums on 18:45 - Apr 15 with 2135 viewsLancsBlue

Leeds / Leicester forums on 16:19 - Apr 15 by Herbivore

If we go up we surely want Leicester to go up with us as they will start next season with a sizeable points deduction and a possible transfer embargo. Then either WBA or Nodge who would surely be weaker than Leeds or Saints.

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

It's a common theme I've found Bakers on 19:03 - Apr 15 with 2011 viewsRyorry

It's a common theme I've found Bakers on 16:23 - Apr 15 by Dyland

Including from abroad. Back around 1991-94 pre-internet days when I was marooned on the Orkney Islands, I asked in the Green 'Un for a pen-pal to chat with - got about a dozen replies, mostly from ITFC fans in E. Europe countries like Bulgaria, who'd been won over by watching us during our European campaigns in previous years.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024