Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry v hull Tonight 08:14 - Apr 24 with 1915 viewsAnsty

What are the chances of all 22 players picking up slightly bad injuries?
Coventry v hull Tonight on 08:18 - Apr 24 with 1884 viewsmo_itfc

22 red cards I reckon.

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Coventry v hull Tonight on 08:18 - Apr 24 with 1885 viewsBent_double

Based on how badly this week has gone so far, I can see both of them winning that game

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Coventry v hull Tonight on 08:19 - Apr 24 with 1882 viewsHerbivore

One or both of them will be very likely to be out of the race for the play offs after tonight. A draw this evening and a Norwich win on Saturday kills them both off before we kick off against Hull. They are good sides and knowing our luck they won't roll over like Boro and Saints but whatever happens tonight is likely to take a lot out of their legs and by the time we play Cov they'll have been on a pretty brutal run of fixtures. We should be targeting wins in both those games whatever our rivals do.
[Post edited 24 Apr 8:21]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:07 - Apr 24 with 1650 viewsfarkenhell

...with at least 20 minutes of time added on.
Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:24 - Apr 24 with 1593 viewsDubtractor

Hopefully a physically demanding draw, with a few minor injuries to sideline key players for a week or so.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:25 - Apr 24 with 1595 viewsStenvict

Hopefully Coventry win, and end Hull's play off chances, then Coventry's play off chances end on Saturday.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:26 - Apr 24 with 1586 viewstextbackup

Coventry v hull Tonight on 08:19 - Apr 24 by Herbivore

One or both of them will be very likely to be out of the race for the play offs after tonight. A draw this evening and a Norwich win on Saturday kills them both off before we kick off against Hull. They are good sides and knowing our luck they won't roll over like Boro and Saints but whatever happens tonight is likely to take a lot out of their legs and by the time we play Cov they'll have been on a pretty brutal run of fixtures. We should be targeting wins in both those games whatever our rivals do.
[Post edited 24 Apr 8:21]

Did Boro roll over? (Assuming you mean in the game vs Leeds) it was 4-3… doesn’t suggest they rolled over to me

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:29 - Apr 24 with 1546 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Carvalho and Philogene please. Red cards.
[Post edited 24 Apr 10:36]
Login to get fewer ads

Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:29 - Apr 24 with 1553 viewsDubtractor

Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:26 - Apr 24 by textbackup

Did Boro roll over? (Assuming you mean in the game vs Leeds) it was 4-3… doesn’t suggest they rolled over to me

They didn't roll over as such, but they didn't really bother with defending properly so made it easy for Leeds to score when they wanted to.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:31 - Apr 24 with 1551 viewsSufferingCovFan

Cov fan in peace.

Some of you will have seen our game at the weekend.

Our players were out on their feet. Torp, the scorer of the VAR non-goal, struggled to get his penalty on target and only just managed.

They were allowed Monday as rest and were in yesterday for light training.

Chances are we'll use the full squad tonight so I'm predicting a Hull win.

You're hoping for us both to lose ? Norwich are 9 pts ahead of us and Hull. We need to win our next 4 and hope Norwich slip up in their next 2. Surely one of either Cov or Hull winning would be a better prospect for you guys ?

Good luck for your promotion bid. I hope when we play, there will be something to play for with both teams. But think it'll be season over for us by then.
Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:35 - Apr 24 with 1506 viewsiamatractorboy

Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:29 - Apr 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

Carvalho and Philogene please. Red cards.
[Post edited 24 Apr 10:36]

In a handbags fight with Simms and Wright, all four sent off and banned for 2 matches. That would be nice.
Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:38 - Apr 24 with 1466 viewstextbackup

Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:29 - Apr 24 by Dubtractor

They didn't roll over as such, but they didn't really bother with defending properly so made it easy for Leeds to score when they wanted to.

Fair enough, I didn’t watch the game, so was a little surprised to read a 4-3 was seen as rolling over. Ta for clearly that up

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:46 - Apr 24 with 1397 viewsDubtractor

Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:31 - Apr 24 by SufferingCovFan

Cov fan in peace.

Our players were out on their feet. Torp, the scorer of the VAR non-goal, struggled to get his penalty on target and only just managed.

You're hoping for us both to lose ? Norwich are 9 pts ahead of us and Hull. We need to win our next 4 and hope Norwich slip up in their next 2. Surely one of either Cov or Hull winning would be a better prospect for you guys ?

Good luck for your promotion bid. I hope when we play, there will be something to play for with both teams. But think it'll be season over for us by then.

Always had a soft spot for Coventry, probably from the 87 Cup final, so generally like to see you doing well.

I think this season you've been playing catch up as the slow start gave you too much to do, but you've looked a very good team over the second half of the season. Keep the squad together in the summer and you'll be a threat next season.

And I think we're all resigned to Norwich being top 6 now, so purely focused on what might make our games against you and Hull easier!

Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:54 - Apr 24 with 1362 viewsSitfcB

Cov fan in peace.

A draw then Norwich and West Brom wins on Saturday will do, both out of the play off race then.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:59 - Apr 24 with 1325 viewsfarkenhell

Cov fan in peace.

More importantly, has Hadji Wright cut his toenail yet?
Coventry v hull Tonight on 11:00 - Apr 24 with 1318 viewsExiled2Surrey

Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:29 - Apr 24 by Dubtractor

Arguably we didn’t bother defending properly against Leeds either
Coventry v hull Tonight on 11:05 - Apr 24 with 1288 viewsSufferingCovFan

Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:46 - Apr 24 by Dubtractor

Always had a soft spot for Coventry, probably from the 87 Cup final, so generally like to see you doing well.

I think this season you've been playing catch up as the slow start gave you too much to do, but you've looked a very good team over the second half of the season. Keep the squad together in the summer and you'll be a threat next season.

And I think we're all resigned to Norwich being top 6 now, so purely focused on what might make our games against you and Hull easier!

In fairness, we had a big turnover of players in the summer. 12 out and 10 in. So this season was always going to be a rebuild year. Robins even made that admission. And being 20th in October proved that.

For us to be outside bets for the Playoffs at this stage shows what a job the players, Robins, Adi Viveash and the coaching team have done. This and the cup run is a massive bonus for the fans and the club.

All bar one loan and Cal O'Hare who is still deciding his contract are on lengthy contracts so next year is already settled. A decent summer recruitment and we're aiming for autos next year.

And best way to beat us ? Be awful. Not joking. In 2024, we have beaten Leicester, Leeds and had a strong second half against Southampton and took Man Utd to a penalty shootout. Yet we lost to Cardiff (we even scored 2 OGs for them to win) and Birmingham. We seem to downthrottle against poorer opposition. There's no understanding it.

We also prefer teams to attack us due to our counterattacking style. Throw everyone forward and we can and do break with pace. The game at your place in December was a perfect example. You had a good first half but we changed formation in the second and came back at you. Davis' worldie was ultimately the only thing between us. Oh, and our missed pen at the end
Coventry v hull Tonight on 11:08 - Apr 24 with 1253 viewsSufferingCovFan

Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:59 - Apr 24 by farkenhell

More importantly, has Hadji Wright cut his toenail yet?

Ouch, how to hurt someone when they're down

VAR, the EPL devil.

Still questions about whether he was level or not and whether the lines were drawn correctly. United fans are adamant he was off. Rest of the world think otherwise.

I do believe that the club have presented Haji with a set of nail clippers for future occasions though
Coventry v hull Tonight on 12:26 - Apr 24 with 1021 viewsPendejo

Coventry v hull Tonight on 11:08 - Apr 24 by SufferingCovFan

Ouch, how to hurt someone when they're down

VAR, the EPL devil.

Still questions about whether he was level or not and whether the lines were drawn correctly. United fans are adamant he was off. Rest of the world think otherwise.

I do believe that the club have presented Haji with a set of nail clippers for future occasions though

Offside or not irrelevant - IMO it was NOT a clear and obvious error.
You were robbed.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Coventry v hull Tonight on 12:30 - Apr 24 with 1006 viewsSufferingCovFan

Coventry v hull Tonight on 12:26 - Apr 24 by Pendejo

You were robbed.

Thank you.

We were hurting but that has gone. Game is over and the result is in the history books.

As the saying goes, onward and upward.

You this season and hopefully us next season.
Coventry v hull Tonight on 12:32 - Apr 24 with 990 viewsJ2BLUE

Cov fan in peace.

Gutted for you. Absolutely deserved to win after that comeback. Might well have been 'correct' but VAR calls like that are not in the spirit of the game.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Coventry v hull Tonight on 12:43 - Apr 24 with 933 viewsfarkenhell

Coventry v hull Tonight on 12:26 - Apr 24 by Pendejo

You were robbed.

This in a nutshell.
Coventry v hull Tonight on 13:03 - Apr 24 with 867 viewsHerbivore

Coventry v hull Tonight on 10:38 - Apr 24 by textbackup

Fair enough, I didn’t watch the game, so was a little surprised to read a 4-3 was seen as rolling over. Ta for clearly that up

Yeah, more the defensive display. Leeds had to do almost no work to score 4 goals (and still needed help from the officials). Think the Boro we faced would have beaten them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Coventry v hull Tonight on 13:30 - Apr 24 with 804 viewsSufferingCovFan

Coventry v hull Tonight on 12:32 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

Gutted for you. Absolutely deserved to win after that comeback. Might well have been 'correct' but VAR calls like that are not in the spirit of the game.

Thank you. Arguments will and have been made about the decision. Spirit of the game, clear and obvious error, level=on, lines not right. All valid but in the end, the result stands. United go through.

We're not doing a Forest and screaming on social media for a retake.

We're disappointed but we now have 4 more games to face in 12 days, including today.

More than enough to brush the semi-final cobwebs out.

Betting we still see twists and turns before the season is out.
Coventry v hull Tonight on 13:40 - Apr 24 with 767 viewsArchiRob

Coventry v hull Tonight on 13:03 - Apr 24 by Herbivore

Yeah, more the defensive display. Leeds had to do almost no work to score 4 goals (and still needed help from the officials). Think the Boro we faced would have beaten them.

Plus their two on loan Leeds players were absent. Seems unethical to me that you can loan players out in order to damage the opposition teams which then weakens the team when you play them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024