Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you feel grumpy with the government? 12:32 - Apr 28 with 1300 viewsNthQldITFC

General Election now!

btw. this was a direct quote from the dot Chrs Phlp on Kuenssburg earlier - he thinks it's just a question of people being a bit 'grumpy with the government'.
[Post edited 28 Apr 16:42]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 15:40 - Apr 28 with 1175 viewsGlasgowBlue

Absolutely. The corruption. The criminal behaviour. The party in fighting. The crumbling public services. The staying in power for power’s sake. They are a rotting corpse of a government.

Still, we may see a change if Humza loses his no confidence vote next week. Although they will probably just put in a new leader and that will be the second unelected FM in a year.

General election now.
[Post edited 28 Apr 15:43]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 15:43 - Apr 28 with 1162 viewsLord_Lucan

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 15:40 - Apr 28 by GlasgowBlue

Absolutely. The corruption. The criminal behaviour. The party in fighting. The crumbling public services. The staying in power for power’s sake. They are a rotting corpse of a government.

Still, we may see a change if Humza loses his no confidence vote next week. Although they will probably just put in a new leader and that will be the second unelected FM in a year.

General election now.
[Post edited 28 Apr 15:43]

Have you seen his pay packet?

He gets more than the PM

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 16:25 - Apr 28 with 1129 viewsArmaghBlue

Will be interesting to see what actually changes under a new government. My guess is not a lot.
Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 16:28 - Apr 28 with 1120 viewsHerbivore

They're doing a good job under difficult circumstances.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 16:43 - Apr 28 with 1095 viewsNthQldITFC

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 16:28 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

I think circumstances is an anagram of something, isn't it?

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 17:32 - Apr 28 with 1038 viewsBlueBadger

Nah mate. I love the bigotry, corruption, incompetence and criminal behaviour.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 17:51 - Apr 28 with 995 viewsRyorry

I just happened to hear a Desert Island Discs re-run on R4Xtra, in which one disc chosen by Clare Balding was 'Caliban's Theme' from the 2012 Olympics, with a few comments by her on how joyful and positive those Games were, mood of the nation etc.

That was the UK at its peak for me - nearly had me in tears thinking back to how great that summer was, and how jaw-droppingly far into the depths this F*****g $*£%@**@£$* bunch of corrupt tory toerag scumbags have since dropped us in just 12 short years ...just twelve years ...whaaat? Feels like half a century of misery.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 17:52 - Apr 28 with 990 viewsChurchman

‘Do I feel grumpy with this government’? That’s a bit like asking if I think Hitler had a bad side.

That they haven’t called an election tells you what an undemocratic bunch they are. Aside from the harm they’ve done and the downright contempt they’ve show to all but they’re own, there can only be one reason why they cling on like brown stuff to a cow’s rear end. To fill their boots in the remaining months.
Login to get fewer ads

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 18:09 - Apr 28 with 943 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 16:28 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

Sunak is doing a better job than Johnson or Truss, but in "setting a low bar" terms, that is more limbo than High Jump.
Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 19:01 - Apr 28 with 891 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I work at a major NHS Trust as a senior manager, and I can assure you that EVERYONE is just desperate to get rid of this bunch of corrupt, lying criminals. The NHS is completely crippled by being starved of funds. As an example, the NHS has to replace equipment from a capital allocation each year determined by the Treasury via NHS England. We have around £120M of equipment across the Trust. Our allocation this year is £3M. You don't have to be a genius to work out that at that level of funding, equipment needs to last, on average, 40 years before it is replaced. We have scanners and x-ray machines that are more than 20 years old and limping along or totally broken. Then there is the estate - we have clinical rooms and corridors, waiting rooms, that every time it rains, we have dozens of buckets on the floor to catch water coming through the roof, and it's been like that for years and is getting worse. We've been told this week that there is a recruitment freeze for all staff types. The tory scum have deliberately starved funding from the NHS to make it collapse, so that they can claim that the NHS isn't working, and that we should have a private health system like in the US.
I'm really proud of my colleagues who refuse to cave in, who keep going and stay largely positive through team work and always trying to improvise and do the best they can under almost impossible conditions. It just does not seem like we are in a 1st world country any more. People need to ask where the money has gone. We raise a lot of money in taxes in this country, but it isn't going into public services.
I guess the trouble is that Labour will inherit a legacy of destroyed public services that will need countless billions to put them right. A new 700 bed hospital costs around £1.5Bn , and we need lots of them. So even with a Labour government, it will take at least 2 or 3 terms of office to rebuild, and the economy will need to pour the money in - to the NHS, to social care, transport, education, police, you name it.
Hopefully the tory scum party will break up, probably into a fascist Reform-type that leaves other ex-tories that will form a new moderate right of centre party. It surely will be the end of the Conservatives as we know them. One of my biggest hopes is to get electoral reform and a transferable vote system.

Poll: would you rather

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 19:07 - Apr 28 with 879 viewsNthQldITFC

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 19:01 - Apr 28 by LegendofthePhoenix

I work at a major NHS Trust as a senior manager, and I can assure you that EVERYONE is just desperate to get rid of this bunch of corrupt, lying criminals. The NHS is completely crippled by being starved of funds. As an example, the NHS has to replace equipment from a capital allocation each year determined by the Treasury via NHS England. We have around £120M of equipment across the Trust. Our allocation this year is £3M. You don't have to be a genius to work out that at that level of funding, equipment needs to last, on average, 40 years before it is replaced. We have scanners and x-ray machines that are more than 20 years old and limping along or totally broken. Then there is the estate - we have clinical rooms and corridors, waiting rooms, that every time it rains, we have dozens of buckets on the floor to catch water coming through the roof, and it's been like that for years and is getting worse. We've been told this week that there is a recruitment freeze for all staff types. The tory scum have deliberately starved funding from the NHS to make it collapse, so that they can claim that the NHS isn't working, and that we should have a private health system like in the US.
I'm really proud of my colleagues who refuse to cave in, who keep going and stay largely positive through team work and always trying to improvise and do the best they can under almost impossible conditions. It just does not seem like we are in a 1st world country any more. People need to ask where the money has gone. We raise a lot of money in taxes in this country, but it isn't going into public services.
I guess the trouble is that Labour will inherit a legacy of destroyed public services that will need countless billions to put them right. A new 700 bed hospital costs around £1.5Bn , and we need lots of them. So even with a Labour government, it will take at least 2 or 3 terms of office to rebuild, and the economy will need to pour the money in - to the NHS, to social care, transport, education, police, you name it.
Hopefully the tory scum party will break up, probably into a fascist Reform-type that leaves other ex-tories that will form a new moderate right of centre party. It surely will be the end of the Conservatives as we know them. One of my biggest hopes is to get electoral reform and a transferable vote system.

Thank you, and would you mind passing on to any of your colleagues who might care to hear the thanks of some nobody on a football forum who has massive love and admiration for everything you all do.

Hopefully this country will pull out of the death spiral it feels like it's in at the moment under these bastard asset-stripping scumbags.

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 19:59 - Apr 28 with 803 viewsChurchman

Thank you for posting this.
Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 09:08 - Apr 29 with 613 viewsDJR

I was a civil servant in 2010 and fully realised what a Tory government would do to public services and public sector pay.

It was never in the interests of public sector workers (including NHS workers) to vote for the Tories (or in 2010 the Lib Dems) but a very high percentage did in 2010 and subsequently.

Sadly, even as late as the 2021 local elections, 42% of healthcare workers intended to vote Tory and only 32% Labour.

https://nursingnotes.co.uk/news/politics/two-in-five-healthcare-workers-vote-con
[Post edited 29 Apr 9:12]
Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 09:15 - Apr 29 with 588 viewsDJR

I posted this on another thread but it seems worth repeating.

There has been nothing like the real term increases in NHS spending that took place from the war to 2010, despite an ageing and growing population. The real damage was done during the Coalition government, and a large part of subsequent increases was due to the costs of Covid.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-how-generous-have-the-conserva

"Over the course of their time in office, we estimate that the average annual growth rate in healthcare spending under Labour was 5.6 per cent – even accounting for inflation.

Since 2010, annual growth in the health budget has been significantly slower than it was under most of Labour’s time in office. The IFS says: “UK public health spending grew in real terms by an average of 1.3 per cent per year between 2009-10 and 2015-16.”

This doesn’t just put the Conservatives below Labour’s average spend – the IFS point out that this is “substantially below” the long-term trend growth between 1955 and 2016, when health budgets grew by 4.1 per cent a year on average."
Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 09:31 - Apr 29 with 565 viewsPinewoodblue

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 09:15 - Apr 29 by DJR

I posted this on another thread but it seems worth repeating.

There has been nothing like the real term increases in NHS spending that took place from the war to 2010, despite an ageing and growing population. The real damage was done during the Coalition government, and a large part of subsequent increases was due to the costs of Covid.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-how-generous-have-the-conserva

"Over the course of their time in office, we estimate that the average annual growth rate in healthcare spending under Labour was 5.6 per cent – even accounting for inflation.

Since 2010, annual growth in the health budget has been significantly slower than it was under most of Labour’s time in office. The IFS says: “UK public health spending grew in real terms by an average of 1.3 per cent per year between 2009-10 and 2015-16.”

This doesn’t just put the Conservatives below Labour’s average spend – the IFS point out that this is “substantially below” the long-term trend growth between 1955 and 2016, when health budgets grew by 4.1 per cent a year on average."

Waiting to hear where the extra funding is coming from.

A Labour government is going to have to make some tough decisions, merely saying by growing the economy isn’t sufficient.

Time for a change, but also time for honesty.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 09:37 - Apr 29 with 555 viewssolemio

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 17:51 - Apr 28 by Ryorry

I just happened to hear a Desert Island Discs re-run on R4Xtra, in which one disc chosen by Clare Balding was 'Caliban's Theme' from the 2012 Olympics, with a few comments by her on how joyful and positive those Games were, mood of the nation etc.

That was the UK at its peak for me - nearly had me in tears thinking back to how great that summer was, and how jaw-droppingly far into the depths this F*****g $*£%@**@£$* bunch of corrupt tory toerag scumbags have since dropped us in just 12 short years ...just twelve years ...whaaat? Feels like half a century of misery.

I agree totally with your first paragraph, Ryorry, but think you're just too kind to this government in paragraph 2.
Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 09:56 - Apr 29 with 520 viewsRadlett_blue

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 09:31 - Apr 29 by Pinewoodblue

A Labour government is going to have to make some tough decisions, merely saying by growing the economy isn’t sufficient.

Starmer is sensibly adopting Blair's "Tory lite" strategy, which should ensure his election as most people don't want radical change. It will be interesting if he does win a 100+ seat majority as then there will be understandable pressure from his party for more radical policies. But, as others have said, spending has to be funded & he won't be keen to introduce another kamikaze budget.
As for those bleating that "we need an election now", that is hot air from those who prefer to ignore our parliamentary and legal system. The PM has the power to call an election. I think that repealing the Fixed Term Parliament Act was a big error, but I bet Starmer doesn't restore it.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 10:02 - Apr 29 with 506 viewsPinewoodblue

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 09:56 - Apr 29 by Radlett_blue

Starmer is sensibly adopting Blair's "Tory lite" strategy, which should ensure his election as most people don't want radical change. It will be interesting if he does win a 100+ seat majority as then there will be understandable pressure from his party for more radical policies. But, as others have said, spending has to be funded & he won't be keen to introduce another kamikaze budget.
As for those bleating that "we need an election now", that is hot air from those who prefer to ignore our parliamentary and legal system. The PM has the power to call an election. I think that repealing the Fixed Term Parliament Act was a big error, but I bet Starmer doesn't restore it.

The make up of the parliamentary party(MPs) will significantly different, activists are likely to find it unrecognisable and at odds with their beliefs.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 10:44 - Apr 29 with 440 viewsSwansea_Blue

For a start there’s the tens of £billions being wasted through incompetence and corruption and the tens of £billions of lost tax revenue as a result of poor policy decisions. And it’s also a matter of priorities.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Do you feel grumpy with the government? on 10:58 - Apr 29 with 411 viewsDJR

All very true, especially given this.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/mar/04/nhs-funding-faces-biggest-real-t

NHS funding faces biggest real-terms cuts since 1970s, warns IFS

Health spending in England to suffer 1.2% cut, worth £2bn, despite extra costs, thinktank’s analysis finds
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024