Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sara 14:27 - May 12 with 3117 viewsSimonds92

If the budgies don't make it to the prem this season, I'd like to see us stay completely away from him. Championship Scott Fraser, his set piece delivery must be incredible, because in open play, he's been bang average every time I've seen him. Sainz and Rowe could possibly do a job though.
Sara on 14:39 - May 12 with 2684 viewsIllinoisblue

Championship player I’d want is Downes. Imagine he’ll have a lot of options

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sara on 14:56 - May 12 with 2582 viewsJimmy86

Sara on 14:39 - May 12 by Illinoisblue

Think people need to forget about Downes... He doesn't like us, as demonstrated by his comments after the game against Southampton at home and the fact he got booed.. he also jumped ship, pretty easily..
Sara on 14:57 - May 12 with 2575 viewsDeepBlueSea

Sara on 14:39 - May 12 by Illinoisblue

I’d dearly love this.
Sara on 15:01 - May 12 with 2556 viewsJimmy86

Sara on 14:57 - May 12 by DeepBlueSea

I’d dearly love this.

As mentioned above, I don't think that he'd ever come back here... He jumped ship and couldn't get away fast enough.. add to that his hissy fit about getting booed, certainly no love lost on his part
Sara on 15:01 - May 12 with 2544 viewsNthQldITFC

The only one of their players I'd look at is Sargent, he could be Hirst-like. Having said that he seems to be injury prone, so I think in retrospect we should stay clear there too. Sara doesn't fit our style and the other two are show-ponies without the necessary footballing brains to play for us. No thanks to any poached Budgies for me.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Sara on 15:14 - May 12 with 2462 viewsGeoffSentence

Sara on 15:01 - May 12 by NthQldITFC

The only one of their players I'd look at is Sargent, he could be Hirst-like. Having said that he seems to be injury prone, so I think in retrospect we should stay clear there too. Sara doesn't fit our style and the other two are show-ponies without the necessary footballing brains to play for us. No thanks to any poached Budgies for me.

He might be less injury prone if he didn't throw himself to the ground so often. McKenna would coach that out of him so might be worth a punt.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sara on 15:15 - May 12 with 2453 viewsDeepBlueSea

Sara on 15:01 - May 12 by Jimmy86

As mentioned above, I don't think that he'd ever come back here... He jumped ship and couldn't get away fast enough.. add to that his hissy fit about getting booed, certainly no love lost on his part

Sargent and his wife and kid live in the same small posh village as my son goes to school. He’s also incredibly nice, and sometimes comes to the playground where they all play football after school and gets a bit mobbed.
Sara on 15:17 - May 12 with 2424 viewsNutkins_Return

He's a very good player. I'd take him and Sargeant. Rowe has been with them years and too much Norwich in him now.
Login to get fewer ads

Sara on 15:18 - May 12 with 2400 viewsIllinoisblue

Different club now, though. If Leeds had Downes this season they’d be up already. He’s exactly the player they need. And a striker, obvs.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sara on 15:19 - May 12 with 2382 views_clive_baker_

I don’t know why they didn’t play the Sara that’s apparently worth £20m+ today rather than his namesake who looked anonymous and uninterested.
Sara on 15:21 - May 12 with 2360 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I don't get the Downes love-in tbh.

He was a standout in a poor team, wanted away and finally got his move ending up at Wham where he was not thought good enough so out on loan.

Even if he wanted to return, we can do better.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Sara on 15:38 - May 12 with 2274 viewsChurchman

Sara on 15:21 - May 12 by You_Bloo_Right

He was a standout in a poor team, wanted away and finally got his move ending up at Wham where he was not thought good enough so out on loan.

He’s a big West Ham fan, isn’t he? I didn’t like his attitude when he was here though to be fair the environment was rubbish and unless you actually know the person who knows what their attitude truly is. Anyway he wanted away and got his move. Ta da. He’s moved on, so have we. It’d be a no from me.

Of the players on show in the Scum/dirty Leeds game, nobody really impressed. Like th3 look of Archie Gray, but given who he is, he’ll be at Leeds a few years yet.

Both teams looked leaden and afraid of losing. I get that’s how it is in play off first games, bu5 given how shell shocked Leeds looked I’m surprised Norwich didn’t have a go. I suspect they may have lost their best chance. Oh dear, so sad, never mind.
Sara on 15:55 - May 12 with 2206 viewsNutkins_Return

Sara on 15:21 - May 12 by You_Bloo_Right

Because he's a very good player and I'm not going to hold it against him wanting to better himself when we were in L1 going nowhere under Evans. That's when the issue happened.

Then the bomb squad thing happened. It's gone now. We're a completely different team. And he's a player that would do very well and I believe give everything for the cause. I'd go Sheaf over Downes still just about.
Sara on 16:09 - May 12 with 2131 viewsSimonds92

Sara on 15:55 - May 12 by Nutkins_Return

Because he's a very good player and I'm not going to hold it against him wanting to better himself when we were in L1 going nowhere under Evans. That's when the issue happened.

Then the bomb squad thing happened. It's gone now. We're a completely different team. And he's a player that would do very well and I believe give everything for the cause. I'd go Sheaf over Downes still just about.

Yeah agreed, Downes, Delap, Clarke, Walker-Peters, Sheaf would be the standout players I'd be very happy with from the Championship and much better business than the 2 from Arsenal imo. Also like the look of Tom Fellows whenever I see him play. Turned Wolfie inside out obviously and he's only 20, looks to be set to have a decent career.
Sara on 16:25 - May 12 with 2022 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’d be going with cheeky bids for Somerville and Rodon. Not sure I’d be fussed about any of the Norwich lot.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sara on 16:34 - May 12 with 1957 viewsNeedhamChris

The irony here is that idiotic comments like yours in the second half of this post are what make the first half more likely to be true than it should be.

We were a different club then, some of our fans need to grow up.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Sara on 16:45 - May 12 with 1903 viewsJimmy86

Sara on 16:34 - May 12 by NeedhamChris

The irony here is that idiotic comments like yours in the second half of this post are what make the first half more likely to be true than it should be.

We were a different club then, some of our fans need to grow up.

I could've perhaps worded it better, but it's still true, is it not? He got rattled by the fact a section of our support booed him, when he played against us for Southampton... He was booed, as a result of how he left... He wanted out before all the bomb squad stuff...

He's a good player, I have no ill will towards him at all... But, he couldn't get away from town quick enough at the time.. he then threw his toys out the pram when people gave him stick for that..
Sara on 22:51 - May 12 with 1478 viewsChurchman

Sara on 16:09 - May 12 by Simonds92

Yeah agreed, Downes, Delap, Clarke, Walker-Peters, Sheaf would be the standout players I'd be very happy with from the Championship and much better business than the 2 from Arsenal imo. Also like the look of Tom Fellows whenever I see him play. Turned Wolfie inside out obviously and he's only 20, looks to be set to have a decent career.

Downes was binned by West Ham. He wasn’t ‘standout’ or even good enough for them in the PL. Why would he be good enough for us now? Like the other players in your list though.
Sara on 23:18 - May 12 with 1394 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Sara on 22:51 - May 12 by Churchman

Downes was binned by West Ham. He wasn’t ‘standout’ or even good enough for them in the PL. Why would he be good enough for us now? Like the other players in your list though.

Think that is slightly unfair. Our ambitions next season and West Hams ambitions for this year are very far apart.

West Ham were aiming for a finish in the European places. Already had Lucas Paqueta subject to a 100 million pound bid from Man City. Then signed Kudus and Alvarez, two of the most highly sought after midfielders in Europe. Downes 100% has the talent to play for a team looking to survive in the prem.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Sara on 23:29 - May 12 with 1345 viewsredrickstuhaart

Sara on 22:51 - May 12 by Churchman

I think KM can find better for less. May need some work and development, but he wants more than an ankle biter. Needs the intelligence, ability to take the ball in tight spaces, and awareness to make our midfield tick. Downes is combative and competent, but other than being a bit quicker, he does not have those attributes in the way Morsy and Luongo do.
Sara on 23:37 - May 12 with 1325 viewsStewart27

I don’t think any of their players get in our team currently.

Sargent if we are looking for a sh!thouse option but I don’t think I could bare to watch him do what he did against us every week. It’s not pretty.
Sara on 23:52 - May 12 with 1300 viewsredrickstuhaart

Sara on 23:37 - May 12 by Stewart27

I don’t think any of their players get in our team currently.

Sargent if we are looking for a sh!thouse option but I don’t think I could bare to watch him do what he did against us every week. It’s not pretty.

Divey ginge.
Sara on 23:58 - May 12 with 1288 viewsBugs

Sara on 23:29 - May 12 by redrickstuhaart

I think KM can find better for less. May need some work and development, but he wants more than an ankle biter. Needs the intelligence, ability to take the ball in tight spaces, and awareness to make our midfield tick. Downes is combative and competent, but other than being a bit quicker, he does not have those attributes in the way Morsy and Luongo do.

If KM did sign Downes, I wouldn't be disappointed. He has the attributes to be at least a middling prem player, IMO. I know it's the championship but looking Southampton's results when he was or wasn't plying have to tell you something about him.

As for him jumping ship when he did, I can't say I blame him too much, our club was a mess, and it's unrealistic for a player of his calibre and age at the time to want to hang around in league 1.

Given what KM has done to improve 30+ year old Morsy in the last few years, it would be fascinating to see what he could achieve with Downes at the age of 25. And those two next to each other....yes please.

Probably won't happen, though.
Sara on 06:48 - May 13 with 1081 viewsChurchman

Sara on 23:29 - May 12 by redrickstuhaart

Agree with that. Downes was signed to replace Mark Noble, a player who those old enough will remember being on loan here. A damn good player. Noble did everything that Downes does and a lot more besides. Stayed fitter too. FD failed to meet expectations and the door was shown.

The idea that we go for a player who might help us survive in the PL, as has been suggested, doesn’t sit right with me. Go for somebody with more potential is my opinion. I also don’t hold with the ‘one of our own’ aspect. He isn’t. He couldn’t get away fast enough. I don’t blame him given the state of the club at the time, but I still wasn’t impressed with his attitude (from afar so possibly harsh).

As far as I’m concerned, that ship has sailed. As with Andre D I wish him well, but let’s move on and look for the kind of player you suggest.
[Post edited 13 May 7:43]
Sara on 07:27 - May 13 with 963 viewsBluespeed225

Sara on 15:01 - May 12 by NthQldITFC

Andy Marshall, a warning from history!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024