Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town in 5 the journey begins to roll 08:17 - May 14 with 1704 viewsKeno

Accrington at home 22nd Jan 2022

Feel free to add any memories of thoughts of the day

My 2 thoughts having watched that are

Look at all the empty seats
I wonder how Celina feels now
[Post edited 14 May 8:21]

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 08:41 - May 14 with 1620 viewshomer_123

Given he's barely playing in Sweden I suspect Celina maybe slightly thinking we were a missed opportunity.

That said, was he/ is he a KM type player?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 08:43 - May 14 with 1606 viewsChurchman

Thank you for posting this. Interesting looking back and this is the time toenjoy it.

It’s hard to believe where we are from where we were. Amazing.

The crowd was 20,126. Looking back, it was a pretty good turnout for the middle of January in the third tier with not the most attractive fixture of the season. But it does look strange all of a sudden to see so many empty seats.

At the time, the idea of filling PR week in week out would have seemed crazy to me. I know Ashton was bullish on it but I thought that getting to a 24/25k average would be a stretch.

Chaplin and Burns don’t change. Great characters.
I don't think so on 08:44 - May 14 with 1596 viewsDyland

Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 08:41 - May 14 by homer_123

Given he's barely playing in Sweden I suspect Celina maybe slightly thinking we were a missed opportunity.

He got some unwarranted critisicsm for being lazy or a luxury player, which was unfair. He did drift in and out of games sometimes but he was a genuine match winner, and it wasn't a question of effort. But his press in a McK side would be too sh1t imo, and he couldn't tackle very well.
[Post edited 14 May 8:45]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 08:50 - May 14 with 1554 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Celina was good for us. He should've had about 5-10 more assist then he had that season if it wasn't for the poor finishing of Bonne among others.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 08:54 - May 14 with 1527 viewsTractorCam

Burns please get the long hair/headband back.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 08:55 - May 14 with 1524 viewshomer_123

Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 08:54 - May 14 by TractorCam

Burns please get the long hair/headband back.

Hi Ryorry!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Not a thought on the match really on 09:20 - May 14 with 1445 viewsDyland

James Norwood and unfulfilled potential.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 09:25 - May 14 with 1417 viewsMookamoo

Hmmmm Tom Carroll.
Login to get fewer ads

Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 09:34 - May 14 with 1394 viewsRonFearonsHair

Gutted for all the people whose names were on the scoreboard to have missed the past two years.

Getting off the coach to no big announcements or high fives with the younger supporters.

Games being short enough of match action that it was possible to pad it out with the ref blowing for half time and the players walking down the tunnel.
Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 09:58 - May 14 with 1315 viewsTrumptonBlue

Ah yes, the "Pass my best to your mum" moment. That's when I knew KM was a special guy we were lucky to have.
Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 11:27 - May 14 with 1114 viewsthebooks

Great stuff.

AS should have been 3-1 up at half time.

How the Woolfie longball forward from kick off is now a part of the club’s tradition.

Some of the patterns already evident: Burns coming in from the wing and finishing well, a defender (Janoi in this case) cutting back to Chaplin slot home.

Good reminder of Janoi and similar’s contribution at the start of this run.

It’s only two and a bit years ago that we were struggling at home against Accrington Stanley.
Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 11:35 - May 14 with 1082 viewsportmanking

Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 09:58 - May 14 by TrumptonBlue

Ah yes, the "Pass my best to your mum" moment. That's when I knew KM was a special guy we were lucky to have.

Agreed. Proper Sir Bobby stuff, that.
Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 11:58 - May 14 with 1018 viewsJakeITFC

It seems mad to me to watch that back - genuinely can't remember the crossover of a lot of those players with McKenna. As much as I liked Celina, Bonne etc. it seems like a lifetime ago doesn't it.
Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 12:12 - May 14 with 982 viewsweepingx2018

Keep them coming!!
Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 13:51 - May 14 with 804 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cor yeah! He'd have thrived under KM. He always does best in a supportive environment and seems to need building up. He'd have been perfect in the Broady/Sarmiento role coming in off the left to make space for the overlapping Leif, threading little balls through around the box. Set piece taker. I'm almost salivating at the thought of what an in-form Celina could have done in this team (assuming he's not dropped off - I haven't seen him play for yonks).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 14:29 - May 14 with 702 viewsbazza

The trademark 1 down comeback .
Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 14:30 - May 14 with 696 viewsSteve_M

Not shown:

- Harry Pell going down as if shot
- Andy Holt blubbing about it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 14:40 - May 14 with 673 viewsMookamoo

Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 13:51 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

Cor yeah! He'd have thrived under KM. He always does best in a supportive environment and seems to need building up. He'd have been perfect in the Broady/Sarmiento role coming in off the left to make space for the overlapping Leif, threading little balls through around the box. Set piece taker. I'm almost salivating at the thought of what an in-form Celina could have done in this team (assuming he's not dropped off - I haven't seen him play for yonks).

Not sure of the chronology, but wasn't it it the case we wanted Celina and he was not interested which meant we moved onto Hutchinson.

I know which one I prefer.
Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 14:53 - May 14 with 656 viewsSteve_M

Town in 5 the journey begins to roll on 14:40 - May 14 by Mookamoo

Not sure of the chronology, but wasn't it it the case we wanted Celina and he was not interested which meant we moved onto Hutchinson.

I know which one I prefer.

It was the summer before and we didn't really fill the gap until Broadhead signed the following January. And I think Broadhead is proof that we could have accommodated Celina in our team last season, different players but neither based around physicality.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024