Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IF McKenna and co leave… 16:49 - May 22 with 2397 viewsHciwspi

It would be nice to approach a club for their manager for a change instead of picking one up from the managerial merry go round (scrap heap?)
IF McKenna and co leave… on 16:52 - May 22 with 2332 viewsHelp

Trouble is if he is waiting for manure as well this could go on for another week
IF McKenna and co leave… on 16:53 - May 22 with 2316 viewsbazza

If they do leave, and the offer was £5m a year, there will be a lot of CV’s hitting ashtons desk. I still hope it’s all Chinese whispers.
IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:11 - May 22 with 1987 viewsitfctilidie

apparently we have already approached Shrewsbury about their upcoming manager
IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:12 - May 22 with 1967 viewsHciwspi

IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:11 - May 22 by itfctilidie

Oh yeah. Don’t go too well last time we took a manager from another club!
IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:19 - May 22 with 1879 viewspointofblue

IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:12 - May 22 by Hciwspi

Oh yeah. Don’t go too well last time we took a manager from another club!

Burley was the last one before him. We don’t tend to poach.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:22 - May 22 with 1843 viewsCheltenham_Blue

IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:11 - May 22 by itfctilidie

Any news as to if we’ll get their assistant too?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:22 - May 22 with 1846 viewsMK1

Carrick.
IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:24 - May 22 with 1805 viewspointofblue

IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:22 - May 22 by MK1

Carrick.

He’ll probably be on the phone to McKenna to discuss the club if so. McKenna may even recommend him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:26 - May 22 with 1782 viewspositivity

not rotherham though, please...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:31 - May 22 with 1721 viewsCheltenham_Blue

IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:22 - May 22 by MK1

Carrick.

Understand what the attraction would be in Carrick, but I suspect he won’t be on the list, for the same reason as we assume Chelsea and Man U won’t go for McKenna, lack of experience.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the likes of Kompany or Brendan Rogers, if we go for an ‘up and coming’ I think you’re right, Carrick or Will Still.

But I think we’ll look for experience, staying in the Prem is the priority.

IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:35 - May 22 with 1675 viewsfloridaboy

IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:31 - May 22 by Cheltenham_Blue

Understand what the attraction would be in Carrick, but I suspect he won’t be on the list, for the same reason as we assume Chelsea and Man U won’t go for McKenna, lack of experience.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the likes of Kompany or Brendan Rogers, if we go for an ‘up and coming’ I think you’re right, Carrick or Will Still.

How about Rob Edwards! I know Luton were relegated but they did try and play some decent football
IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:36 - May 22 with 1671 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Steve Cooper.... teams play good football, prem experience. Wouldn't have to pay any compensation either.

That's if we go for experience.

I doubt we could tempt Carrick if i'm honest. He's from the north east, at a similar sized club already.
IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:38 - May 22 with 1638 viewsMK1

How about Ole Gunnar Solskjær?
IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:45 - May 22 with 1539 viewsAsa

I don't think people are even remotely close.

We managed to convince top Championship / arguably lower Premier League players to join us in League One.

If we were looking for a manager in the Premier League I'd imagine Ashton would have his sights set on one of the top European coaches about in Holland, France, Spain, Italy.

Unai Emery went to relegation threatened Villa. Of course a bigger club with many recent Premier League seasons, but if we are prepared to offer McKenna £100k a week, as an ambitious Premier League club, with a rich history, ambitious owners and a project, the fan base we have, Premier League spending money and a big managerial salary I very much doubt we'll be looking at the likes of Rob Edwards or Steve Cooper.

They'd be going after someone you'd think wow how have they got him and it would be someone who plays attacking football, someone who could fit in well to the style already in place, the players in place and someone who would have to be a decent fit in terms of character.

The big question then would be how many of our favorites leave as they'd do very well to get the same levels out of them as McKenna and any new manager is bound to want their own players. The big concern for me with anyone new coming in would be that they simply don't know how we need to improve, where, what abilities and characteristics and that's a very big ask of someone to come in and get that right away.
[Post edited 22 May 19:26]
IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:51 - May 22 with 1457 viewssouthnorfolkblue

It would be peak Ipswich if our manager leaves for a "bigger" job but our preferred candidate turns us down out of loyalty to his current club

Poll: Our final position

IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:53 - May 22 with 1432 viewsBloomBlue

I guess it depends if we go young with some experience, for example Schumacher or Manning. Or maybe slightly older with lots of experience looking for a new challenge for example Robins.

But as I've said before Ashton pulled a rabbit out of the hat before and no reason he cannot do it again.

Although I'm still not convinced McKenna will leave.
IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:58 - May 22 with 1370 viewsMattinLondon

IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:36 - May 22 by burnbudgiesburn

Steve Cooper.... teams play good football, prem experience. Wouldn't have to pay any compensation either.

That's if we go for experience.

I doubt we could tempt Carrick if i'm honest. He's from the north east, at a similar sized club already.

What division are they in?
IF McKenna and co leave… on 19:00 - May 22 with 1342 viewsFrimleyBlue

IF McKenna and co leave… on 18:45 - May 22 by Asa

I don't think people are even remotely close.

We managed to convince top Championship / arguably lower Premier League players to join us in League One.

If we were looking for a manager in the Premier League I'd imagine Ashton would have his sights set on one of the top European coaches about in Holland, France, Spain, Italy.

Unai Emery went to relegation threatened Villa. Of course a bigger club with many recent Premier League seasons, but if we are prepared to offer McKenna £100k a week, as an ambitious Premier League club, with a rich history, ambitious owners and a project, the fan base we have, Premier League spending money and a big managerial salary I very much doubt we'll be looking at the likes of Rob Edwards or Steve Cooper.

They'd be going after someone you'd think wow how have they got him and it would be someone who plays attacking football, someone who could fit in well to the style already in place, the players in place and someone who would have to be a decent fit in terms of character.

The big question then would be how many of our favorites leave as they'd do very well to get the same levels out of them as McKenna and any new manager is bound to want their own players. The big concern for me with anyone new coming in would be that they simply don't know how we need to improve, where, what abilities and characteristics and that's a very big ask of someone to come in and get that right away.
[Post edited 22 May 19:26]

Maurinho.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

IF McKenna and co leave… on 19:22 - May 22 with 1205 viewsCheltenham_Blue

IF McKenna and co leave… on 19:00 - May 22 by FrimleyBlue

Maurinho.

God no, After Kieran's refreshing interviews, I'm not sure I can cope with listening to a depressed man talking to the press.

IF McKenna and co leave… on 21:57 - May 22 with 895 viewsFelixBlue4

Is there another manager that has the Robson connection that also has managed Chelsea and Man U who we might be able to get ? I’m just wondering if £5 mil a year would get us José Mourinho has had a busy few years and might like to settle down into a job for a few years.
IF McKenna and co leave… on 22:02 - May 22 with 826 viewsClutch

Potter is the clear choice surely.
IF McKenna and co leave… on 22:26 - May 22 with 655 viewscressi

I trust Ashton to get it right , After all McKennas fantastic work I would still feel let down and thought he would give it one season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024