Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If McKenna leaves 23:05 - May 22 with 1944 viewscressi

Now figures quoted of a 5 million a Yr contract who could we appeal to manager wise. And who should we try and entice?.
If McKenna leaves on 23:07 - May 22 with 1882 viewsHipsterectomy

Mark Hughes might be tempted for that amount

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

If McKenna leaves on 23:11 - May 22 with 1814 viewsitfctilidie

Fortunately it seems Bellamy could be replacing Kompany at Bayern....so not Craig Bellamy
If McKenna leaves on 23:16 - May 22 with 1763 views_clive_baker_

Have to see it as an opportunity. Nobody wants McKenna to go but if he does we’ll be in a much better position to recruit from than last time. Deeper pockets, premier league, a club on the up off the pitch. We’ll be aiming high.

Potter would be my first choice, he’s seen what the journey looks like at Brighton. Whether he goes for it is another question, he might well be holding out for a more established premier league club.
If McKenna leaves on 23:23 - May 22 with 1703 viewsburnbudgiesburn

If McKenna leaves on 23:16 - May 22 by _clive_baker_

Have to see it as an opportunity. Nobody wants McKenna to go but if he does we’ll be in a much better position to recruit from than last time. Deeper pockets, premier league, a club on the up off the pitch. We’ll be aiming high.

Potter would be my first choice, he’s seen what the journey looks like at Brighton. Whether he goes for it is another question, he might well be holding out for a more established premier league club.

Yes, we musn't underestimate that we'll be favourites to get relegated next season and some targets might think that too.

On the other hand there are only so many Prem jobs available. I'm torn between a Steve Cooper type or another young coach who could rebuild with us should we go down.
If McKenna leaves on 23:35 - May 22 with 1621 viewsIllinoisblue

If McKenna leaves on 23:16 - May 22 by _clive_baker_

Would love Potter to come here. An obvious replacement assuming he wants to work again.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If McKenna leaves on 05:53 - May 23 with 1352 viewsBlue_Heath

If McKenna leaves on 23:35 - May 22 by Illinoisblue

Would love Potter to come here. An obvious replacement assuming he wants to work again.

Agree we need a manager with prem experience so realistically Cooper or Potter. Cooper has done well with Forest but has massive losing streaks in him. Potter would be my first choice but he may have better offers?
If McKenna leaves on 06:02 - May 23 with 1322 viewsStewart27

Potter.

Although Norwich are keen on him too.
If McKenna leaves on 06:05 - May 23 with 1294 viewsGavTWTD

Carrick has yet to sign a new contract.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

If McKenna leaves on 06:16 - May 23 with 1255 viewsfranz_tyson

If McKenna leaves on 23:35 - May 22 by Illinoisblue

Potter's just turned down Ajax. Think we're a little small fry for him. Think he's biding his time while Chelsea are still paying him.
Cooper maybe a better bet.
If McKenna leaves on 06:20 - May 23 with 1232 viewsfranz_tyson

If McKenna leaves on 06:05 - May 23 by GavTWTD

Carrick has yet to sign a new contract.

Does Carrick deserve a PL job? Much more support than Mckenna and nowhere near the success than our boy. Isn't it a bit fanciful we try and find Mckenna Mark II because hes a mate from Man U? Carrick should feel fortunate to keep his job at Boro.
If McKenna leaves on 06:42 - May 23 with 1155 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

it was interesting that when Ashton was interviewed for Town TV, he said that when he met Kieran McKenna for his interview in a hotel in Stoke, they didn't discuss tactics, players, formations at all. What they discussed were values, the values that are important. Community, Foundation, building a real project. I'd expect that IF McKenna goes (and I think the big draw for him is Man Utd), then Ashton will be looking for someone who shares the values he has to continue, someone who buys in to the Foundation and building something that will transform the whole area not just the football team. So speculating about who has experience and could keep us in the Prem is not necessarily the top requirement - we are ahead of schedule, and it wouldn't be a disaster to go down and come back, as long as we are building a long term project - stands, training facilities, academy, working with IBC on the surrounding areas/leisure facilities, transport links etc.

Poll: would you rather

If McKenna leaves on 06:51 - May 23 with 1101 viewsunbelievablue

I am a bit concerned that we've outed ourselves financially by offering McKenna that much. Agents for managers will be quoting it back to us now in negotiations.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

If McKenna leaves on 06:52 - May 23 with 1099 viewsunbelievablue

If McKenna leaves on 06:42 - May 23 by LegendofthePhoenix

it was interesting that when Ashton was interviewed for Town TV, he said that when he met Kieran McKenna for his interview in a hotel in Stoke, they didn't discuss tactics, players, formations at all. What they discussed were values, the values that are important. Community, Foundation, building a real project. I'd expect that IF McKenna goes (and I think the big draw for him is Man Utd), then Ashton will be looking for someone who shares the values he has to continue, someone who buys in to the Foundation and building something that will transform the whole area not just the football team. So speculating about who has experience and could keep us in the Prem is not necessarily the top requirement - we are ahead of schedule, and it wouldn't be a disaster to go down and come back, as long as we are building a long term project - stands, training facilities, academy, working with IBC on the surrounding areas/leisure facilities, transport links etc.

I don't buy for a second that they didn't discuss tactics or footballing philosophy.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

If McKenna leaves on 07:03 - May 23 with 1051 viewstcblue

Alonso will surely get the boot after last night's result

If McKenna leaves on 07:36 - May 23 with 960 viewsStokieBlue

I think that 5m a year is for McKenna.

I don't think we have evidence we would spend anything like that on any alternative manager - it's a special case.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

If McKenna leaves on 07:40 - May 23 with 933 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

If McKenna leaves on 06:52 - May 23 by unbelievablue

I don't buy for a second that they didn't discuss tactics or footballing philosophy.

the clue is in your username

Poll: would you rather

If McKenna leaves on 07:51 - May 23 with 887 viewsChurchman

If McKenna leaves on 06:42 - May 23 by LegendofthePhoenix

I very much agree with this, though I suspect football philosophy, style of play was also discussed and more besides. The main point of your post is something easily forgotten.

While the focus is always on the manager and the name of the game results, there is far more to it than that. The relationship between owners, CEO and senior management including McKenna has been the key strength of the past two and a half years. Literally everyone working together to achieve an aim.

This is rare in any walk of life, let alone the turmoil of professional sport. In my own insignificant world I saw it only rarely. It is not something McKenna can create or demand. It stems from relationships in action, trust and commitment from all sides.

If any of the noise is true and McKenna moves on, whoever comes here will have to buy into that and their way of doing things. The owners and CEO have been crystal clear on that. The team and coaching staff will have autonomy and support. How many clubs ask their manager/CEO at the end of the January window ‘do you need any more players?’. Very few I suspect.

The managers job at ITFC, given its rapid rise, is scary, daunting, challenging. But then the best jobs always are. What an opportunity. To work in a vibrant, exciting environment at the top of the game in one of the best jobs in football.

I hope the club have succession planned. Unlike the days of the Evans begging bowl, there will be a stampede for the Ipswich Town job IF and it’s a big if any of the rumours are true.
If McKenna leaves on 08:12 - May 23 with 797 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If McKenna leaves on 06:51 - May 23 by unbelievablue

I am a bit concerned that we've outed ourselves financially by offering McKenna that much. Agents for managers will be quoting it back to us now in negotiations.

That £5m ia very much media talk at the moment, so, I'm not sure that we've 'outed' ourselves.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If McKenna leaves on 08:19 - May 23 with 739 viewsArnoldMoorhen

If McKenna leaves on 06:02 - May 23 by Stewart27

Potter.

Although Norwich are keen on him too.

Norwich are keen on him? But they have David Wagner, who has won promotion out of the division, and who just led them into the Play Offs, which was at least "Par" for the season, before losing to a team with significantly greater resources. There's no way they would sack him, and have to pay him off as well as pay a new manager, just as they enter a cash-strapped period post-parachute payment, that would be the clearest sign possible that the cooking sherry fumes had overcome their owner!

Oh!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024