Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna 09:52 - May 23 with 6904 viewsGlasgowBlue

The board is becoming unreadable with the same overreactions and repetitive slagging off Keiren and his staff, based on very little confirmed information we are getting.

There are two or three interesting threads which have gone on for multiple pages, such as Joe’s, but any other subject is being pushed down the board by the endless”I’ll lose all respect for McKenna” type blubs.

Perhaps a sticky asking people to join Joe’s thread rather than start another one would help.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 09:56 - May 23 with 3544 viewsSitfcB

Can we just shut the forum down for a week? Let it all blow over?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 09:56 - May 23 with 3552 viewsmarchy

Perhaps along with a refresher guide to the fact that the UK media have been amplifying, rehashing and just plain making up sh*t since the dawn of time, and that "a source close to McKenna" could mean someone who stood next to him once, since this seems to have been largely forgotten amongst the non-stop pants-wetting.
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 09:57 - May 23 with 3554 viewsPhilTWTD

Think it's difficult as things develop, thought last night was quite interesting with stories from nationals being posted in separate threads. Also the very long threads don't work well in thread view and slow the board down to a crawl.
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 09:57 - May 23 with 3512 viewspointofblue

Basically we have a load of threads on McKenna and a load of threads of posters taking a pop at posters for daring to question McKenna’s intentions. This is just one of the latter.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 09:59 - May 23 with 3457 viewsDarkHorse

Good for clicks/revenue though
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 09:59 - May 23 with 3437 viewsRonFearonsHair

All part of the master plan. Another day or two and Phil will surely have enough ad revenue to buy McKenna’s contract out himself.
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:00 - May 23 with 3400 viewsSitfcB

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 09:57 - May 23 by PhilTWTD

Think it's difficult as things develop, thought last night was quite interesting with stories from nationals being posted in separate threads. Also the very long threads don't work well in thread view and slow the board down to a crawl.

Hear, hear.

Think it’s fair enough to post a new thread when a new story breaks.

It’s been a mental few days on here though, since Saturday really.

COYB

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:00 - May 23 with 3394 viewsMeadowlark

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 09:57 - May 23 by PhilTWTD

Have things developed?
Login to get fewer ads

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:01 - May 23 with 3391 viewsDubtractor

I am genuinely astonished by the number of posts with negative views on McKenna. The bloke has just given us the best 2 seasons since 2001, with him and players winning all sorts of awards along the way, and people want to rush to condemn him.

I'll be gutted if he leaves, absolutely devastated, but it's an almost inevitable result of him doing such a amazing job.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:01 - May 23 with 3370 viewsRyorry

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:00 - May 23 by SitfcB

Hear, hear.

"New story" 😂 😂

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:03 - May 23 with 3327 viewsGlasgowBlue

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:01 - May 23 by Dubtractor

I am genuinely astonished by the number of posts with negative views on McKenna. The bloke has just given us the best 2 seasons since 2001, with him and players winning all sorts of awards along the way, and people want to rush to condemn him.

I'll be gutted if he leaves, absolutely devastated, but it's an almost inevitable result of him doing such a amazing job.

The bloke is being absolutely hammered by some based on very little. It’s quite revealing.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:04 - May 23 with 3287 viewsnodge_blue

I never read those threads anymore which run to dozens of pages as its hard to follow what the latest point is or where the conversation has been going that has lead to that.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:04 - May 23 with 3285 viewsmarchy

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:01 - May 23 by Dubtractor

Incredible what reaction dignified silence inspires in some people nowadays.
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:04 - May 23 with 3271 viewsGuthrum

And, as things stand, it's a far from inevitable outcome of the present situation.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:06 - May 23 with 3230 viewsSitfcB

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:01 - May 23 by Ryorry

"New story" 😂 😂

Well they are!

Yesterday we had

New contract offered, £5mill a year.

McKenna to reject any new deal. McKenna and Pert feel it’s time to go.

McKenna IS interested in Chelsea job.

(Of course they’re all probably a load of bollôcks and ifs, buts and maybes but each one was new.

COYB

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:06 - May 23 with 3220 viewsGuthrum

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:03 - May 23 by GlasgowBlue

The bloke is being absolutely hammered by some based on very little. It’s quite revealing.

Perhaps it's just evidence of how Covid, lockdown and the world situation (plus an instant gratification internet age) have affected people's mindset.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:07 - May 23 with 3205 viewsSitfcB

Yeah should save all that until he does leave. If he leaves.

COYB

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:08 - May 23 with 3151 viewsSwailsey

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:03 - May 23 by GlasgowBlue

It’s in the minority isn’t it? A lot (like myself) have said that it seems to be dragging, and that whilst we’ll always be grateful, it will leave a bit of a sour taste, but I don’t think that’s too controversial?

Agree some have gone over the line, but emotions are high.

When you have 3 or 4 reliable sources saying it’s likely he’s going, it’s more than just conjecture.

I just want to be able to enjoy promotion again!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:08 - May 23 with 3144 viewspointofblue

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 09:59 - May 23 by RonFearonsHair

All part of the master plan. Another day or two and Phil will surely have enough ad revenue to buy McKenna’s contract out himself.

That or a lifetime supply of hobnobs.

Difficult decision.

Phil - related to another reply. Some people use thread view???
[Post edited 23 May 10:11]

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:09 - May 23 with 3105 viewsRyorry

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:06 - May 23 by SitfcB

Well they are!

Yesterday we had

New contract offered, £5mill a year.

McKenna to reject any new deal. McKenna and Pert feel it’s time to go.

McKenna IS interested in Chelsea job.

(Of course they’re all probably a load of bollôcks and ifs, buts and maybes but each one was new.

"New" as in rehashed regurgitations of the same old same old rumours & speculation (apart from the obviously new improved contract offer story).

George Orwell had it right.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:12 - May 23 with 3018 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 09:57 - May 23 by pointofblue

Basically we have a load of threads on McKenna and a load of threads of posters taking a pop at posters for daring to question McKenna’s intentions. This is just one of the latter.

Nobody knows McKenna’s intentions, so how can you question them?

You could always just stay in your own blubbing thread and blub away in there, if that's what you need to do.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:13 - May 23 with 2985 viewsbluejacko

While there are a few getting stupid the reality is this can be put to bed very quickly! He is after all still under contract to us and no matter what his agent is doing KMc can shut this down with three words “I am staying”! It definitely is not a good look for us or him the way this is going.
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:14 - May 23 with 2954 viewsElderGrizzly

It's very Ipswich is what it is.

Hoof.
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:16 - May 23 with 2908 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:00 - May 23 by SitfcB

Hear, hear.

You've been sailing a bit close to the edge yourself Sitters!..

"Really don’t want things to turn sour towards them but can’t see it going any other way now…"

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:16 - May 23 with 2901 viewspointofblue

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:12 - May 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

Nobody knows McKenna’s intentions, so how can you question them?

You could always just stay in your own blubbing thread and blub away in there, if that's what you need to do.

As much as I can understand why posters are saying ignore the press etc. that’s where the speculation and questioning comes from. Before social media (and COVID) it’d be done in offices, at the bookies or in pubs - most importantly in narrow social circles which would normally be echo chambers or disagreements would be worked through. Now, it’s a case of strangers who, for the most part, barely know each other, look to sneer and put each other down at every opportunity because they can’t agree.

How well humans have come on as a race.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024