Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Copenhagen - Any recommendations 10:30 - May 24 with 1307 viewsN2_Blue

Heading to Copenhagen in June for a weekend city break. Anyone got any recommendations for family friendly hotels, restaurants and things to do with a 18 month yo.

Cheers

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 10:46 - May 24 with 1273 viewsWacko

One thing I would definitely do is go to Bakken theme park that’s set in / near Dyrehavn (Deer Park). About 30 mins by train north of Copenhagen. The theme park is free to enter and not as full-on as Tivoli, and the deer park is stunning

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 11:01 - May 24 with 1244 viewsmylittletown

I lived there for a couple of years, a great city.
The yellow water buses would be an easy way to take a tour around the harbour, and better for the youngster than the commercial tours. There is a stop at the bottom of Nyhavn, which is another must visit, touristy though it is.
Tivoli is a cliche, but it is great, and the restaurant Groften, within Tivoli, is proper Danish home cooking, very well done for a busy venue, and family friendly.
Imho, it is well worth avoiding Christiania, which has become a scuzzy, sleazy tourist venue, as of 2022, anyway.
The spiral tower at Our Saviours probably isn't great for a 18mo baby, but the view from the top is worth the effort for adults. The opera house is great, the Little Mermaid is probably the most disappointing major tourist attraction on earth.
Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 11:02 - May 24 with 1239 viewsDaninthecampo

Tivoli Gardens is a must as is the little mermaid but I found it pretty underwhelming, so much smaller than I imagined.
Its been about 15 years since I've been so can't remember any of the restaurant names But do try and be adventurous and have the local specialties 2 dishes that stand out were Moose ravioli and Reindeer heart , very tasty, nothing like ive had before or had seen since
Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 11:04 - May 24 with 1229 viewsurbanblue

I was there last year. Not sure of your budget but we treated ourselves to this hotel which was wonderful and very central ...

https://www.25hours-hotels.com/en/hotels/copenhagen/indre-by?gad_source=1
Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 11:12 - May 24 with 1196 viewssoupytwist

Recreate the journey quite a few of us Town fans took to get to the away leg at Helsingborg in 2001 - train up to Helsingor, ferry across to Helsingborg and then have a drink in Harry's Bar assuming it's still there.
Helsingborg currently play in the Swedish second tier and are at home on 16th June if that's convenient.
Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 11:13 - May 24 with 1193 viewsJakeITFC

Reffen food market is brilliant.

Not sure about family friendly, but the meatpacking district is really cool for bars and food, Warpigs especially for beers and bbq food.

Great city though, you'll love it.
Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 11:27 - May 24 with 1166 viewsN2_Blue

Thanks all.

I've been before with work but is a long time ago and always said I'd come back to see it properly.

Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 13:51 - May 24 with 1082 viewscooperd5

Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 11:27 - May 24 by N2_Blue

Thanks all.

I've been before with work but is a long time ago and always said I'd come back to see it properly.

Paper Island is a must, street food and g&t in jars... Lovely
Login to get fewer ads

Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 13:54 - May 24 with 1070 viewsClareBlue

The Bus Tour ticket is for two days hop on and off and it gets you to all the attractions on 2 routes. Use it for orientation by doing the whole route first, then hop on and off at each one you want on second time round. That will fill the weekend up and cut the walking down with your 18 month old.
Christiana isn't really for 18 month old so would pass that by. Little Mermaid is one of life's let down but you only need to hop off the bus, see it, comment how small it is as per every other visitor, and hop back on. It's a bit out of the centre and you don't want to walk out. The fairytale museum is OK.
Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 14:00 - May 24 with 1057 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 10:46 - May 24 by Wacko

One thing I would definitely do is go to Bakken theme park that’s set in / near Dyrehavn (Deer Park). About 30 mins by train north of Copenhagen. The theme park is free to enter and not as full-on as Tivoli, and the deer park is stunning

This. What a city!
Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 14:02 - May 24 with 1052 viewsPavlovsCat

WARPIGS BREWPUB
Flæsketorvet 25-37

Very central. Great beers and great food in what was once the meatpacking district.

Bought the t-shirt! 👌
Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 14:33 - May 24 with 1016 viewsvictorywilhappen

Louisianna Museum outside the city is an oasis.
https://louisiana.dk/en/

Assistens Kirkegård in Norbro is also very calm.
https://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/planning/assistens-cemetery-gdk964360

Islands Brygge city baths. https://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/activities/baths-and-beaches

All good places with a young kid.
[Post edited 24 May 14:36]
Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 14:42 - May 24 with 964 viewsN2_Blue

Cheers all, some good stuff here.

Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 17:58 - May 24 with 857 viewsSharkey

In advance, re-learn how to cross a road. Copenhagen cyclists can go down a bike-lane between the road and the pavement very very quickly. The fact that you're carrying a small child will not slow them down. (Seriously, I've seen a few nasty collisions, and it's always the pedestrian who is in the wrong, and it's normally a tourist.)
Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 18:11 - May 24 with 837 viewsN2_Blue

Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 17:58 - May 24 by Sharkey

In advance, re-learn how to cross a road. Copenhagen cyclists can go down a bike-lane between the road and the pavement very very quickly. The fact that you're carrying a small child will not slow them down. (Seriously, I've seen a few nasty collisions, and it's always the pedestrian who is in the wrong, and it's normally a tourist.)

Ha thanks.

We've navigated Amsterdam a few times so we are well prepared for cycles!

Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 18:36 - May 24 with 820 viewsnoggin

Train and ferry to Helsingborg to relive that amazing UEFA Cup day.

Edit. Just seen Soupy's post above.
[Post edited 24 May 18:39]

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 20:00 - May 24 with 774 viewsSwansea_Blue

If you get a free pass to spend an hour or two at the Carlsberg brewery and museum, I’d highly recommend it https://homeofcarlsberg.com/. Don’t be put off by it being Carlsberg. It’s nothing like the watered down pee we get over here. I’m not sure if the accommodate 18 months olds though.

Nyhavn Is a must, even if it is a bit touristy. Lovely stretch of buildings by the old harbour. I love a lazy lunch along here in one of the bar/restaurants - I’m a sucker for their pickled herrings, but they’re an acquired taste. It’s probably all overpriced and rammed in the summer, but worth a look.

Not sure if anyone’s mentioned the aquarium? It’s very good as aquariums go, but it is a bus ride out of the City. Might be an option if (a) any of you like fish, or (b) it’s pouring down. Probably avoid if you’re not fussed and it’s good weather.

It’s a beautiful city. If the weather’s good, you won’t go far wrong with just wandering and soaking up the atmosphere.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 20:07 - May 24 with 765 viewsSwansea_Blue

Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 11:02 - May 24 by Daninthecampo

Tivoli Gardens is a must as is the little mermaid but I found it pretty underwhelming, so much smaller than I imagined.
Its been about 15 years since I've been so can't remember any of the restaurant names But do try and be adventurous and have the local specialties 2 dishes that stand out were Moose ravioli and Reindeer heart , very tasty, nothing like ive had before or had seen since

You should have gone to see The Fkn Massive Mermaid. It’s just around the corner . It is small, you need to take the name literally.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 23:56 - May 24 with 685 viewsN2_Blue

Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 20:00 - May 24 by Swansea_Blue

If you get a free pass to spend an hour or two at the Carlsberg brewery and museum, I’d highly recommend it https://homeofcarlsberg.com/. Don’t be put off by it being Carlsberg. It’s nothing like the watered down pee we get over here. I’m not sure if the accommodate 18 months olds though.

Nyhavn Is a must, even if it is a bit touristy. Lovely stretch of buildings by the old harbour. I love a lazy lunch along here in one of the bar/restaurants - I’m a sucker for their pickled herrings, but they’re an acquired taste. It’s probably all overpriced and rammed in the summer, but worth a look.

Not sure if anyone’s mentioned the aquarium? It’s very good as aquariums go, but it is a bus ride out of the City. Might be an option if (a) any of you like fish, or (b) it’s pouring down. Probably avoid if you’re not fussed and it’s good weather.

It’s a beautiful city. If the weather’s good, you won’t go far wrong with just wandering and soaking up the atmosphere.

Cheers. We love being by the water so will definitely spend time at Nyhavn.

I've seen the mermaid, so underwelming but of course my wife is inisting that we see it, when really there is very little to see!

Copenhagen - Any recommendations on 13:43 - May 25 with 539 viewsLord_Lucan

I've only been there for one night and that was when my plane went technical and I was stranded there.

I have to say though it is the most fantastic airport with parquet flooring and a great bar.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024