Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad yougov poll for Labour 17:45 - Jun 11 with 3540 viewsTrequartista

38% - their lowest by any major pollster since September 2022

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/trackers/voting-intention

Yet they are 25% ahead on 46% in other polls.

These polls are ridiculous - they are absolutely all over the place and a complete waste of time. Just wait for the result!

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 17:48 - Jun 11 with 3201 viewsSteve_M

The switch to Lib Dems implies very large amounts of tactical voting.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 18:03 - Jun 11 with 3119 viewsEastTownBlue

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 17:48 - Jun 11 by Steve_M

Indeed. It would appear that the Electoral Calculus of this poll would mean the Tories in third place.

Three more weeks of this.
Bad yougov poll for Labour on 18:12 - Jun 11 with 3076 viewsTrequartista

Why would tactical voting have not been apparent in the circa 100 polls since the election was called? I know they've just released a manifesto but has that really had such a dramatic effect?

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 18:30 - Jun 11 with 3016 viewsRyorry

And a very appealing pledge in their manifesto to tackle the issue of the Care system, with its domino effect on the NHS. Don't have exact figure/s, but I'd guess a high % of voters are personally impacted by this one way or another - if not personally/directly, then by the increased waiting list times etc.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 18:38 - Jun 11 with 2974 viewsDJR

If that poll were to be believed, 35% (only 3 percentage points behind Labour) believe either the Tories have done a good job or they have not been right wing enough.
Bad yougov poll for Labour on 18:45 - Jun 11 with 2918 viewschicoazul

So TWTD doesn’t like YouGov this week?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 18:50 - Jun 11 with 2874 viewsvilanovablue

The Lib Dems being the second largest party would be a good thing. We need to remember its just a poll so only a snapshot rather than an MRP assessment.
[Post edited 11 Jun 19:09]
Bad yougov poll for Labour on 19:01 - Jun 11 with 2815 viewschicoazul

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 18:50 - Jun 11 by vilanovablue

The Lib Dems being the second largest party would be a good thing. We need to remember its just a poll so only a snapshot rather than an MRP assessment.

Daily reminder opinion polls are designed to influence public opinion not reflect it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 19:10 - Jun 11 with 2769 viewsvilanovablue

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 19:01 - Jun 11 by chicoazul

Daily reminder opinion polls are designed to influence public opinion not reflect it.

And who runs Yougov...
Bad yougov poll for Labour on 19:14 - Jun 11 with 2747 viewsbenrhyddingblue

When I was at university (a Poly actually back then) I was involved in carrying out a Poll for a by-election in Tyneside. The deal was we got paid £2 each to get 15 responses. This took place in a shopping centre in Gateshead and the locals had no interest for the most part in talking to politics students about how they were going to vote and why. So in the end I probably filled in half the responses myself, as did my mates, based on what I thought the expectation would be. Suffice to say the poll was miles out on the result. We also found out later that Newcastle Poly had been paid £5 per person carrying out the poll of which we only got £2 (about four pints in the Union bar).

I imagine it’s a little more scientific nowadays.
Bad yougov poll for Labour on 19:15 - Jun 11 with 2735 viewsBlueBadger

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 18:45 - Jun 11 by chicoazul

It still shows the Tories getting walloped harder than the Budgies away to Leeds, right?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 19:40 - Jun 11 with 2607 viewsRyorry

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 19:01 - Jun 11 by chicoazul

Good wake-up call for apathetic Labour voters who think it's all already done n dusted then ...

A reminder that:-

1.You must be registered to vote by 11:59pm on Tuesday 18 June.

2. The deadline to apply for a postal vote in the Parliamentary general election is 5pm on Wednesday 19 June.

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/voter/apply-vote-post

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 19:41 - Jun 11 with 2596 viewsNthQldITFC

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 18:50 - Jun 11 by vilanovablue

That would be a very good thing.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: When you vacuum your bookshelves, do you?

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 19:48 - Jun 11 with 2559 viewsRyorry

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 18:45 - Jun 11 by chicoazul

I completed YouGov surveys for many years. From memory, around half of them were flawed by unanswerable questions such as 'what type of employment are you in - professional, manual?' etc. etc. - with no option for 'retired' or 'unemployed'; so you were forced to feed in a false answer, otherwise you couldn't continue to complete & collect your points.

There were also technical (software) issues sometimes, which meant you couldn't complete. I always pointed these errors out, but nothing ever seemed to improve.

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 20:20 - Jun 11 with 2490 viewsbazza

Surely this was bound to happen, reform UK will hoover up all the labour voters who voted Tory in the last election...?
Bad yougov poll for Labour on 21:14 - Jun 11 with 2343 viewsGuthrum

The key reason for the drop may be down to this comment below the graph:

*New methodology implemented from 1 June 2024 mirroring our MRP methodology

Are they now analysing the figures a different way to everybody else?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 21:55 - Jun 11 with 2217 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 19:10 - Jun 11 by vilanovablue

And who runs Yougov...

It was founded by Iraqi Kurd Nadim Zahawi, whose family fled from persecution in Baghdad when he was a small boy, and found safety and opportunity in the UK.

Then he decided to become an MP for a party which despises Kurdish refugees.

https://www.zahawi.com/about-nadhim

Go fcking figure...
Bad yougov poll for Labour on 22:02 - Jun 11 with 2189 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 21:55 - Jun 11 by ArnoldMoorhen

It was founded by Iraqi Kurd Nadim Zahawi, whose family fled from persecution in Baghdad when he was a small boy, and found safety and opportunity in the UK.

Then he decided to become an MP for a party which despises Kurdish refugees.

https://www.zahawi.com/about-nadhim

Go fcking figure...

Not every little Kurdish boy fleeing persecution with their family is so lucky.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Alan_Kurdi
CAUTION: Distressing images, so opening paragraph text below:

Alan Kurdi (born Alan Shenu), initially reported as Aylan Kurdi,[2][3] was a two-year-old Syrian boy (initially reported as having been three years old) of Kurdish ethnic background[4] whose image made global headlines after he drowned on 2 September 2015 in the Mediterranean Sea along with his mother and brother. Alan and his family were Syrian refugees trying to reach Europe from Turkey amid the European refugee crisis (see timeline). Photographs of his body were taken by Turkish journalist Nilüfer Demir and quickly went viral, prompting international responses.
[Post edited 11 Jun 22:04]
Bad yougov poll for Labour on 22:15 - Jun 11 with 2134 viewsWeWereZombies

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 20:20 - Jun 11 by bazza

Surely this was bound to happen, reform UK will hoover up all the labour voters who voted Tory in the last election...?

Are you suggesting that Labour are dyson with death ?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 22:38 - Jun 11 with 2073 viewsVegtablue

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 18:38 - Jun 11 by DJR

If that poll were to be believed, 35% (only 3 percentage points behind Labour) believe either the Tories have done a good job or they have not been right wing enough.

Is that because the Tory manifesto promises a further shift to the right? The Tory vote will surely include many who believe recent governments have done average or bad jobs, but either trust in their ability to do better or fear the alternatives more ('better the devil you know' mentality).
Bad yougov poll for Labour on 23:01 - Jun 11 with 1990 viewsCBBlue

Looking at the breakdown by demographics is facinating though. Not terribly surprising to be fair but facinating nonetheless.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 08:35 - Jun 12 with 1691 viewsJohnTy

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 19:48 - Jun 11 by Ryorry

I completed YouGov surveys for many years. From memory, around half of them were flawed by unanswerable questions such as 'what type of employment are you in - professional, manual?' etc. etc. - with no option for 'retired' or 'unemployed'; so you were forced to feed in a false answer, otherwise you couldn't continue to complete & collect your points.

There were also technical (software) issues sometimes, which meant you couldn't complete. I always pointed these errors out, but nothing ever seemed to improve.

I am regularly polled by Yougov. Mostly on non political stuff. I haven’t experienced the problems you mention.

Re the election. If this poll is correct, and the Conservative Party itself has warned its supporters that it could come in third after the Lib Dem’s, it will be the most significant election since 1922 when the Liberals split into two factions each led by former PrimeMinisters.
Bad yougov poll for Labour on 10:25 - Jun 12 with 1550 viewsTrequartista

Just noticed this poll has Labour + Conservative at just 56%. There’s just no way that will happen. If their combined vote is 56% or less I will change my username to StupidBigMouthHead2…

…for a day.

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 11:42 - Jun 12 with 1461 viewsJohnTy

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 10:25 - Jun 12 by Trequartista

Just noticed this poll has Labour + Conservative at just 56%. There’s just no way that will happen. If their combined vote is 56% or less I will change my username to StupidBigMouthHead2…

…for a day.

In 1997 the big two got 74%.

The difference now is the result of the rise of Reform and the Greens. In 1997, the most comparable election, Referendum, UKIP and the Greens barely got 1%. The Lib Dems got more than their current showing, 16-17%.

You would expect both Labour and Conservatives to add a few points to the Yougov poll, but I will be surprised if they get more than the 65% they got in 2010, the last changeover election.
Bad yougov poll for Labour on 13:56 - Jun 12 with 1337 viewsRadlett_blue

Bad yougov poll for Labour on 11:42 - Jun 12 by JohnTy

In 1997 the big two got 74%.

The difference now is the result of the rise of Reform and the Greens. In 1997, the most comparable election, Referendum, UKIP and the Greens barely got 1%. The Lib Dems got more than their current showing, 16-17%.

You would expect both Labour and Conservatives to add a few points to the Yougov poll, but I will be surprised if they get more than the 65% they got in 2010, the last changeover election.

The Greens seem to me to be the only party who are actually being honest about what they would do & how it would be paid for. Basically, much of this is like Old Labour policies. I doubt they will more than 1 seat, thanks to the unfairness of FPTP but if we did have PR, I bet they would pick up more than 10% of the vote and seats. This would mean that our chamber would reflect the mix of public opinion (with Reform getting decent representation as well) but it's debatable whether coalition government would actually produce more effective government than our current, grossly unfair system. The presence of the Scottish Nationalists (plus to a lesser extent, the Ulster Unionists) also fractures our politics & makes coalitions more likely (but not this time I think). Naturally, Labour with a large majority & the Tories in disarray aren't going to propose any form of PR & dilute their power.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024