Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who actually watches Doctor who? 09:22 - Jun 1 with 11766 viewsMaccaisgod

I've never watched it in my life and having asked many people fromdifferent walks of life, black and white rich and poor, nobody watches it.
I do not understand how it survives??
Do you watch the rubbish?
0
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 15:25 - Jun 1 with 1586 viewsTheBlueGnu

I watched it in the Jon Pertwee days. I always thought it would be funny if Jon Pertwee and Bill Pertwee were to change places so that Jon would take over as the ARP Warden in Dad's Army and Bill would take over as Dr Who and Wurzel Gummidge. Also it would have amused me if Nigel Havers had taken on all 3 roles.

Poll: Who would potentially have been a great Ipswich manager ?

0
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 15:30 - Jun 1 with 1573 viewsJ2BLUE

Not my thing. Know a few people who watch it though. It's harmless.

It's almost like the BBC try to produce something to cater to everyone isn't it...
1
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 16:14 - Jun 1 with 1515 viewstcblue

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 12:03 - Jun 1 by Trequartista

There's some truth in this. I think Russell T Davies is deliberately casting people by their group identity. That might be a good thing, that might be a bad thing, but its deliberate if we're trying to find the truth.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2025 12:04]


I myself cannot suspend the disbelief that a regenerating alien in a children's television series isn't always a British white man
3
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 16:17 - Jun 1 with 1504 viewsNedPlimpton

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 15:19 - Jun 1 by waveneyblue

Aw how sweet, the two down arrows from hinge and bracket.

Sorry, im going to leave it now.

Peace and love ❤️


The internet isn't for you if you're going to get upset by down arrows
1
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 18:33 - Jun 1 with 1402 viewswaveneyblue

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 12:26 - Jun 1 by Herbivore

Not much needs to be said, Benters. Unlike some others, at least you don't try to hide your views, however unpalatable they might be.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2025 13:11]


Unpalatable to you and SB... but you are the sanctimonious sisters....
-4
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 18:35 - Jun 1 with 1396 viewswaveneyblue

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 16:17 - Jun 1 by NedPlimpton

The internet isn't for you if you're going to get upset by down arrows


I said it was sweet, how much clearer can I make it. Proper strange 🤔
0
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 18:36 - Jun 1 with 1392 viewsTrequartista

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 12:25 - Jun 1 by Herbivore

What a surprise. Passing off your own speculations about someone's motive is not "truth" by the way.


I think if you look at the groups that have been cast and their respective percentages of the population, I would be astonished if that were not true.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

0
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 18:37 - Jun 1 with 1396 viewsTrequartista

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 14:35 - Jun 1 by waveneyblue

How dare you, that's going to upset SB and his chums.


I don't want to upset anybody, neither do I want to refrain from posting what I believe regardless of the "heat" that comes with it.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

0
Login to get fewer ads

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 18:38 - Jun 1 with 1387 viewsTrequartista

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 16:14 - Jun 1 by tcblue

I myself cannot suspend the disbelief that a regenerating alien in a children's television series isn't always a British white man


It goes from one extreme to another.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2025 18:40]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

0
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 18:56 - Jun 1 with 1344 viewsHerbivore

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 18:36 - Jun 1 by Trequartista

I think if you look at the groups that have been cast and their respective percentages of the population, I would be astonished if that were not true.


We've had one non-white actor and one female actor taking the role. Given how many doctors there's been, I'd hardly see that as an over representation against the wider demographics of the population.

Poll: Latest TWTD opinion poll - who are you voting for?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

4
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 18:57 - Jun 1 with 1336 viewsHerbivore

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 18:33 - Jun 1 by waveneyblue

Unpalatable to you and SB... but you are the sanctimonious sisters....


You're like the pissed up embarrassing uncle at a wedding, staggering around and looking for a fight. Time for some fresh air, mate.

Poll: Latest TWTD opinion poll - who are you voting for?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

5
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 18:58 - Jun 1 with 1341 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 18:35 - Jun 1 by waveneyblue

I said it was sweet, how much clearer can I make it. Proper strange 🤔


For someone who said "Potential for another 10 pager and a few bans. You know exactly what he means, so there's really no need" you seem to be dragging this out more than anyone.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.
Blog: Between The Lines 2, The Irreverent PREM Poetry Of ITFC - Match 5 - “The Fat Of The Land”

1
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 19:01 - Jun 1 with 1348 viewsTrequartista

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 18:56 - Jun 1 by Herbivore

We've had one non-white actor and one female actor taking the role. Given how many doctors there's been, I'd hardly see that as an over representation against the wider demographics of the population.


I'm referring to the cast, not the doctor. I don't think this is any great revelation about Davies. I'm sure he'd agree and say it is positive discrimination.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

2
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 19:09 - Jun 1 with 1317 viewswaveneyblue

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 18:57 - Jun 1 by Herbivore

You're like the pissed up embarrassing uncle at a wedding, staggering around and looking for a fight. Time for some fresh air, mate.


Am I.

Thank you your highness, appreciate you continuing to engage with me.
1
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 19:13 - Jun 1 with 1312 viewswaveneyblue

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 18:58 - Jun 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

For someone who said "Potential for another 10 pager and a few bans. You know exactly what he means, so there's really no need" you seem to be dragging this out more than anyone.


Im only replying to the rest of you....

Well, about 3 of you... im not upgrading you to hinge and bracket.. just yet
1
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 20:11 - Jun 1 with 1248 viewsStokieBlue

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 18:33 - Jun 1 by waveneyblue

Unpalatable to you and SB... but you are the sanctimonious sisters....


So after having a post deleted for an insult you decide to post the exact same insult but this time to two posters.

Impressive.

SB

Avatar - M101 - Pinwheel Galaxy

3
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 20:18 - Jun 1 with 1230 viewsHerbivore

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 20:11 - Jun 1 by StokieBlue

So after having a post deleted for an insult you decide to post the exact same insult but this time to two posters.

Impressive.

SB


Someone needs to bundle Uncle Trev into a taxi before he throws up on himself.

Poll: Latest TWTD opinion poll - who are you voting for?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

2
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 20:24 - Jun 1 with 1203 viewswaveneyblue

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 20:11 - Jun 1 by StokieBlue

So after having a post deleted for an insult you decide to post the exact same insult but this time to two posters.

Impressive.

SB


Thank you.

But the cap fits so snugly on both of you.

Its like you had it professionally fitted.

And how can a factual comment be an insult?

[Post edited 1 Jun 2025 20:25]
-4
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 20:24 - Jun 1 with 1199 viewswaveneyblue

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 20:18 - Jun 1 by Herbivore

Someone needs to bundle Uncle Trev into a taxi before he throws up on himself.


Not sure it was funny the first time, but you crack on champ.
0
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 20:27 - Jun 1 with 1185 viewscatch74

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 20:24 - Jun 1 by waveneyblue

Not sure it was funny the first time, but you crack on champ.


It is marginally better than the Hinge and Bracket one you’ve used twice (after the first one you said you were leaving it now btw.)

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

2
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 20:30 - Jun 1 with 1183 viewsblueasfook

I grew out of it when I was about 8. Any adult who watches this program needs to seriously question their life choices.

Proud winner of 3 DaveU upvotes
Poll: Should Frimmers be allowed back?

2
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 20:34 - Jun 1 with 1163 viewswaveneyblue

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 20:27 - Jun 1 by catch74

It is marginally better than the Hinge and Bracket one you’ve used twice (after the first one you said you were leaving it now btw.)


Yeah, but they keep coming back for more.

Sorry if it upsets you.

Personally I thought Hinge and Bracket was quite amusing. But hey, im stumbling around drunk...

Edit...

And H&B are still downvoting in tandem. Its quite cute really.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2025 20:41]
-4
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 20:38 - Jun 1 with 1146 viewscatch74

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 20:30 - Jun 1 by blueasfook

I grew out of it when I was about 8. Any adult who watches this program needs to seriously question their life choices.


Moved on to comedy creations on a forum?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

1
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 20:41 - Jun 1 with 1133 viewsblueasfook

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 20:38 - Jun 1 by catch74

Moved on to comedy creations on a forum?


Aww bless ya. Do you still like Blue Peter too?

Proud winner of 3 DaveU upvotes
Poll: Should Frimmers be allowed back?

2
Who actually watches Doctor who? on 20:43 - Jun 1 with 1120 viewsStokieBlue

Who actually watches Doctor who? on 20:34 - Jun 1 by waveneyblue

Yeah, but they keep coming back for more.

Sorry if it upsets you.

Personally I thought Hinge and Bracket was quite amusing. But hey, im stumbling around drunk...

Edit...

And H&B are still downvoting in tandem. Its quite cute really.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2025 20:41]


Then you said you were tempted to add Dolly to it but it seems you don't know your facts.

You can't add a third member to a duo.

To be honest I'm surprised since you seem to be pretty keen on facts, you've declared you're posting them numerous times in this thread. If you need some pointers on facts and how to use them then feel free to ask.

SB

Avatar - M101 - Pinwheel Galaxy

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026