Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teletext App 14:39 - Sep 17 with 4249 viewsKropotkin123

In a world of divided opinions, one person had a vision that would bring the masses together... Telescore: A Teletext inspired app!



It's great, not just nostalgic.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2025 14:42]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Will Hull win the league?
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

17
Teletext App on 14:41 - Sep 17 with 4214 viewsZx1988

Nah, it's sh*t and if you disagree I will fight you!

Team Oracle for life.

[Post edited 17 Sep 2025 14:41]

Not a prophet, or a stone-age man; just a mortal with potential of a superman.
Poll: Worst Ginger?

4
Teletext App on 14:44 - Sep 17 with 4166 viewsKropotkin123

Teletext App on 14:41 - Sep 17 by Zx1988

Nah, it's sh*t and if you disagree I will fight you!

Team Oracle for life.

[Post edited 17 Sep 2025 14:41]


It will look much better when Ipswich are next to the "1"! Just try to envision it.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Will Hull win the league?
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

1
Teletext App on 14:52 - Sep 17 with 4102 viewsSitfcB

Yes found out about it last night #Memories


COYB
Poll: Should we block polls for one day?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

1
Teletext App on 14:59 - Sep 17 with 4046 viewsTJS

That table has a beautiful simplicity to it which still looks great.
Amazingly teletext is still going on Italian TV (well it was when I was over there late last year).
2
Teletext App on 15:06 - Sep 17 with 4009 viewsbluefunk

Teletext App on 14:52 - Sep 17 by SitfcB

Yes found out about it last night #Memories



I remember flicking between Ceefax and Teletext if we were losing to see if they’d got the score wrong
2
Teletext App on 15:09 - Sep 17 with 3992 viewsBrianTablet

If there were a Football Louvre, that'd be the Mona Lisa.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot."
Poll: You live in Clacton. You are duty-bound to vote. Who do you vote for?

0
Teletext App on 15:09 - Sep 17 with 3991 viewspositivity

Teletext App on 14:52 - Sep 17 by SitfcB

Yes found out about it last night #Memories



why "jaden philog", then just "clarke"? poor harry

ceefax would never make this error!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

0
Teletext App on 15:23 - Sep 17 with 3918 viewsdavblue

I recall watching it and it was either David Johnson's 1st or 2nd game for us and he scored at Wolves away in the 7th or 19th minute.

I might be totally wrong as your memory can do funny things but as a non local as we had moved away from Suffolk, that was as good as it got in those days for updates.
0
Login to get fewer ads

Teletext App on 16:41 - Sep 17 with 3674 viewsjasondozzell

I love it!
0
Teletext App on 17:03 - Sep 17 with 3592 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That's great, cheers!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.
Blog: Between The Lines 2, The Irreverent PREM Poetry Of ITFC - Match 5 - “The Fat Of The Land”

0
Teletext App on 17:16 - Sep 17 with 3536 viewsEuanTown

Mate had already downloaded it. Fantastic stuff
0
Teletext App on 19:06 - Sep 17 with 3240 viewsDubtractor

Teletext App on 15:06 - Sep 17 by bluefunk

I remember flicking between Ceefax and Teletext if we were losing to see if they’d got the score wrong


Back in the 90s, around the time that a pundit (Lineker?) grumbled that Wimbledon were that dull to watch that you may as well watch their games on teletext, our group watched Ipswich beat them 2-0 on teletext to test the experience.

Should note that we were also having a piss up at the time, so the game was on in the background.

Pretty certain this was the game.


I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Are we gonna win tomorrow then?

0
Teletext App on 19:15 - Sep 17 with 3212 viewsMiaow

302 for football, 316 for the scores, 324 for the tables!

This definitely gives me nostalgia. I enjoyed looking up the latest scores, etc. when I was a child in the 2000s. Most/all of the numbers were used for the same pages on the Red Button, although that doesn't seem to be available much anymore.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Where will we finish in 2025–26?

1
Teletext App on 19:27 - Sep 17 with 3169 viewsiamatractorboy

All we need now is Bamboozle and I will be a happy man!
0
Teletext App on 19:32 - Sep 17 with 3148 viewsbluefunk

Teletext App on 19:06 - Sep 17 by Dubtractor

Back in the 90s, around the time that a pundit (Lineker?) grumbled that Wimbledon were that dull to watch that you may as well watch their games on teletext, our group watched Ipswich beat them 2-0 on teletext to test the experience.

Should note that we were also having a piss up at the time, so the game was on in the background.

Pretty certain this was the game.



Was that the Sky Monday night game that Wimbledon and Town agreed to do, for the money
0
Teletext App on 19:51 - Sep 17 with 3084 viewsPerublue

Teletext App on 19:27 - Sep 17 by iamatractorboy

All we need now is Bamboozle and I will be a happy man!


Was that on the channel 4 version ?

I do remember still all the BBC sport page numbers too and I remember any hotel I stayed in in the UK HAD to have a TV with teletext otherwise the trip was ruined.

Poll: Should Burns or Chaplin now replace the Shefki/Pablo TWTD question of yore ?

0
Teletext App on 19:55 - Sep 17 with 3074 viewsHighgateBlue

I mean it's lovely. It's really lovely. And in a sense, the football tables were made for smartphones.

Butttt, somehow it feels wrong that it doesn't say "1/2" in the corner and toggle from the top half to the bottom half, making you wait each time.

It's great it exists though, obviously. The amount of games I "Watched" on Ceefax!!!
1
Teletext App on 19:55 - Sep 17 with 3069 viewsPerublue

Teletext App on 19:51 - Sep 17 by Perublue

Was that on the channel 4 version ?

I do remember still all the BBC sport page numbers too and I remember any hotel I stayed in in the UK HAD to have a TV with teletext otherwise the trip was ruined.


Oh I just remembered the power of teletext… my step aunt and her daughter she had adopted found each other through the pages that did that kind of thing … I think that was ITV and oracle.

Poll: Should Burns or Chaplin now replace the Shefki/Pablo TWTD question of yore ?

0
Teletext App on 19:57 - Sep 17 with 3062 viewsDubtractor

Teletext App on 19:32 - Sep 17 by bluefunk

Was that the Sky Monday night game that Wimbledon and Town agreed to do, for the money


Looks like it was a Monday, so that sounds right.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Are we gonna win tomorrow then?

0
Teletext App on 20:16 - Sep 17 with 2979 viewsiamatractorboy

Teletext App on 19:51 - Sep 17 by Perublue

Was that on the channel 4 version ?

I do remember still all the BBC sport page numbers too and I remember any hotel I stayed in in the UK HAD to have a TV with teletext otherwise the trip was ruined.


Yep Channel 4, I googled it after I put that comment and apparently it was still going right up to 2009 which amazed me.
0
Teletext App on 20:45 - Sep 17 with 2901 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Teletext App on 19:06 - Sep 17 by Dubtractor

Back in the 90s, around the time that a pundit (Lineker?) grumbled that Wimbledon were that dull to watch that you may as well watch their games on teletext, our group watched Ipswich beat them 2-0 on teletext to test the experience.

Should note that we were also having a piss up at the time, so the game was on in the background.

Pretty certain this was the game.



It was genuinely exciting watching games on Teletext. Like how Jaws is such a brilliant movie, it's the imagination doing overtime about what you can't see.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.
Blog: Between The Lines 2, The Irreverent PREM Poetry Of ITFC - Match 5 - “The Fat Of The Land”

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026