Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season 18:51 - May 13 with 5651 viewsMaySixth

I appreciate his season in the top flight last time was not good however he has just had a very good season in Italy.


Poll: Who do we want to join us via the play-offs?

-1
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 21:17 - May 13 with 823 viewscressi

No No No get rid
1
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 21:20 - May 13 with 821 viewscressi

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 19:00 - May 13 by GlasgowBlue

We did last season against Charlton at Colchester. The morons who call themselves supporters booed him when he came on. I doubt he’ll want to come back.


Morons if ur happy to watch him believe his Zidane good luck.
Utter shambles with his decision making.
-5
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 21:24 - May 13 with 789 viewswaveneyblue

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 21:20 - May 13 by cressi

Morons if ur happy to watch him believe his Zidane good luck.
Utter shambles with his decision making.


I think he's getting at the morons booing him warming up in a pre-season friendly.

Of which he is spot on, utter morons.
1
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 21:31 - May 13 with 776 viewsSuffolkPunchFC

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 21:14 - May 13 by StNeotsBlue

I was at plenty of the games cheers. I just don't agree that some numpty calling him a bad name made him a bad keeper for us, he wasn't very good us for so a few idiots called him nasty names, there is a clear difference.

Fair play he has done well in Italy but other than Brighton away he didn't have a great time in a Town shirt.


You’re trying to dismiss the potential impact of fan negativity on a player’s performance. Basically you’re totally wrong.

There’s no getting away from the fact that he cost us goals, and he did make some crazy decisions. We also scored more PPG with him playing than without. He also arguably saved us points in other games.

There’s no way for him to play for us again, because of the behaviour of those numpty fans, but he’s technically the best ‘keeper on our books.
0
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 21:31 - May 13 with 773 viewsBigalhunter

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 21:20 - May 13 by cressi

Morons if ur happy to watch him believe his Zidane good luck.
Utter shambles with his decision making.


Wonderfully articulated load of semi-literate bollox from you there…..


Sometimes I giggle about the frothing lunatic who’s put me on ignore and now has to constantly log out to see what I’ve said. Beneath that counterfeit persona lurks the same pitifully desperate egomaniac.
Poll: September 2025. Which one?

1
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 21:41 - May 13 with 742 viewscressi

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 21:31 - May 13 by Bigalhunter

Wonderfully articulated load of semi-literate bollox from you there…..



I didn't believe I had to be Shakespeare, I absolutely detest snobs my view a keeper who is error prone who nobody in the back four would feel confident in.
-3
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 21:45 - May 13 with 711 viewsClutch

He just didn’t fit in, he quite clearly was not settled, so forget how good he is, makes no sense for him to be an Ipswich player anymore.
0
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 21:48 - May 13 with 707 viewsTheBoyBlue

Rightly or wrongly there is too much baggage here. As others have said there would be no patience for any mistakes here. For his own good as much as ours it would be best for him to go. He's had a good season, his confidence must be high, I'm not sure he'd want to return to an environment where so many don't want him and/or are waiting for him to fail.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

1
Login to get fewer ads

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 21:51 - May 13 with 703 viewsStNeotsBlue

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 21:17 - May 13 by redrickstuhaart

he was actually pretty good. Just after one or two high profile errors, every little issue was highlighted and things were descriebd as keeper faults which really werent.


Hold fire, one or two high profile errors is doing a lot of heavy lifting here, he wasn't the reason we got relegated but as a factor of 25 squad members he had quite a higher xpg than the other 24.

Obviously xpg isn't the correct terminology but you get the point or maybe you don't as you seem to be a bit daft.
1
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 22:05 - May 13 with 659 viewsFrimleyBlue

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 21:51 - May 13 by StNeotsBlue

Hold fire, one or two high profile errors is doing a lot of heavy lifting here, he wasn't the reason we got relegated but as a factor of 25 squad members he had quite a higher xpg than the other 24.

Obviously xpg isn't the correct terminology but you get the point or maybe you don't as you seem to be a bit daft.


Can i ask tho

Why is it disgustingly terrible when a keeper makes a few errors that result in a goal
Yet a striker can miss 16 clear cut chances and still be classed as having a decent season because they scored some in the same season.

Yes muric cost some points
But he also saved some

I just think its incredibly hypocritical that people couldnt moan about hirst but its acceptable for people to do what they did with muric.

Btw im not saying in the ground esp that any player should be booed etc. Just saying that people went on the massive defence on hirst but are incredibly quick to say muric should have and be binned off.

Anyways. I think we should be looking to loan in Trafford if we can. Muric will go for £12 mill somewhere.

Waka Waka
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

0
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 22:15 - May 13 with 634 viewsKBsSocks

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 19:41 - May 13 by FrimleyBlue

I think what is unfair for Muric is that when he played, we were still trying to play the 23/24 way of bringing the ball out of defence to Morsy, at prem level it just was not on.
IMO when Palmer came in, town begun to go longer more, there was a lot less keeper to CM balls going on and palmer was allowed to simply be a keeper.

We missed Muric in our set pieces the remainder of the season, he was excellent with those.

Yes he messed up a couple of times rushing out, but i've seen Walton do that, Palmer do it, and also both latter named keepers have their own catalogues of flaps and mistakes, waltons been incredibly lucky the past month with the number of times he's palmed the ball down the middle of the goal.

People were very keen to defend Hirst who at times this season absolutely stank the place out, even by his own admission, yet Muric was/is immediately seen to be a player who deserves to be thrown out the club because he had a poor half a season


I agree with this assessment of all in this thread.

What I would ask is how does Muric fit in now ?
What do the other two keepers and keeper coaches think ?

If we had Walton + Palmer + Muric I think we would be good in the GK department. But not if Palmer and Walton and especially the central defence thought otherwise. Communication from Muric was clearly a problem from what I saw.

So, sell if we can find somebody at least as good, and if we can get say 6 or 8 mill.

Keep if he wants to come back, KMc wants him, and the rest of the above.

Not likely, but possible.

Fans ? We have to back our players - in Muric's case, we might have to big him up, a bit more than just give him a chance ...

It might be easier to have him return, but it might be better for him and us to move on, unfortunately overall.

Blog: Comparison Time Again

0
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 22:19 - May 13 with 626 viewsredrickstuhaart

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 21:51 - May 13 by StNeotsBlue

Hold fire, one or two high profile errors is doing a lot of heavy lifting here, he wasn't the reason we got relegated but as a factor of 25 squad members he had quite a higher xpg than the other 24.

Obviously xpg isn't the correct terminology but you get the point or maybe you don't as you seem to be a bit daft.


You cant just claim "XPG" as if it proves something.

He had a couple of ricks, in a side under constant pressure.

Wonder what his PPG was against Palmer's?

Poll: Spectrum or C64 / Pablo or Kuqi- your preferences?

0
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 22:20 - May 13 with 626 viewswkj

I have a feeling that him being here next season would be more a question of whether or not he wants to be here. Reading between the lines it seems that he or his agent may have other options they favour

Come On England
Poll: Is the B word actually swearing? (Bob Locks)
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

0
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 22:21 - May 13 with 620 viewsDurovigutum

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 20:21 - May 13 by DJR

From my recollection (and I was at every game), he didn't get any noticeable crowd criticism before Christmas.

He features on this list despite only playing 28 Premier League games and his record of an error every four games is far worse than anyone else on the list.

https://www.statmuse.com/fc/as

He just wasn't good enough, and as I said before I don't think we can take the risk. Certainly McKenna lost confidence in him, hence the purchase and playing of Palmer.
[Post edited 13 May 20:31]


I was in the South for Newcastle and this mad woman was digging him out before the game started. He was poor that day. He’s a good keeper. Sometimes it doesn’t work out. Move on.
0
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 22:21 - May 13 with 617 viewsKBsSocks

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 22:20 - May 13 by wkj

I have a feeling that him being here next season would be more a question of whether or not he wants to be here. Reading between the lines it seems that he or his agent may have other options they favour


Also yes, I agree. It's also largely up to him, too.

What "between the lines" do you refer to ?

Blog: Comparison Time Again

0
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 22:22 - May 13 with 616 viewsBigalhunter

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 21:41 - May 13 by cressi

I didn't believe I had to be Shakespeare, I absolutely detest snobs my view a keeper who is error prone who nobody in the back four would feel confident in.


You’ll be taken far more seriously in life if you can manage a literate sentence in your own precious mother-tongue…

Sometimes I giggle about the frothing lunatic who’s put me on ignore and now has to constantly log out to see what I’ve said. Beneath that counterfeit persona lurks the same pitifully desperate egomaniac.
Poll: September 2025. Which one?

0
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 22:23 - May 13 with 596 viewsFrimleyBlue

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 22:15 - May 13 by KBsSocks

I agree with this assessment of all in this thread.

What I would ask is how does Muric fit in now ?
What do the other two keepers and keeper coaches think ?

If we had Walton + Palmer + Muric I think we would be good in the GK department. But not if Palmer and Walton and especially the central defence thought otherwise. Communication from Muric was clearly a problem from what I saw.

So, sell if we can find somebody at least as good, and if we can get say 6 or 8 mill.

Keep if he wants to come back, KMc wants him, and the rest of the above.

Not likely, but possible.

Fans ? We have to back our players - in Muric's case, we might have to big him up, a bit more than just give him a chance ...

It might be easier to have him return, but it might be better for him and us to move on, unfortunately overall.


I dunno. Muric just didnt seem happy. When ever town tv did the training vids you never saw him smiling.

But I try put myself in his shoes back then. Being asked to stick to a process of passing short balls to his cms. It was evidently clear is was a requirement as it was weekly. That stopped as soon as Palmer came in as he simply cant do thst game whereas muric was known for it. But he didnt have tbe defence or cms to do it with. If you stuck a morris or a Hackney with muric some of those incidents wouldnt have happened 100%.


But. Let's not ignore some of the other gaffs.. the rushing out.. but lets be honest almost all keepers do it. Walton and Palmer do.


But I think the ship has passed i dont think muric would trust km now. I dont think km would trust muric now.

Waka Waka
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

1
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 22:30 - May 13 with 579 viewsFrimleyBlue

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 20:21 - May 13 by DJR

From my recollection (and I was at every game), he didn't get any noticeable crowd criticism before Christmas.

He features on this list despite only playing 28 Premier League games and his record of an error every four games is far worse than anyone else on the list.

https://www.statmuse.com/fc/as

He just wasn't good enough, and as I said before I don't think we can take the risk. Certainly McKenna lost confidence in him, hence the purchase and playing of Palmer.
[Post edited 13 May 20:31]


Just noticed xhaka is on that list! Guessing thats him doing the azor role and slipping g over the ball alot?

Waka Waka
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

0
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 22:36 - May 13 with 574 viewsKBsSocks

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 22:23 - May 13 by FrimleyBlue

I dunno. Muric just didnt seem happy. When ever town tv did the training vids you never saw him smiling.

But I try put myself in his shoes back then. Being asked to stick to a process of passing short balls to his cms. It was evidently clear is was a requirement as it was weekly. That stopped as soon as Palmer came in as he simply cant do thst game whereas muric was known for it. But he didnt have tbe defence or cms to do it with. If you stuck a morris or a Hackney with muric some of those incidents wouldnt have happened 100%.


But. Let's not ignore some of the other gaffs.. the rushing out.. but lets be honest almost all keepers do it. Walton and Palmer do.


But I think the ship has passed i dont think muric would trust km now. I dont think km would trust muric now.


KM trust ? I think I would trust KM with my granny. Well, both granny's ashes. If KM trusts Muric, then ... hopefully we'll see him back.

I agree about the "happy", too.
But did he look happy in Italy ? Burnley ? Maybe he's just a sour puss.

When does the transfer season close, and what training games are lined up ?

I would not be too surprised to see him participating, but would also not at all be surprised to see him depart.

Blog: Comparison Time Again

0
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 22:49 - May 13 with 559 viewsSuffolkPunchFC

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 22:19 - May 13 by redrickstuhaart

You cant just claim "XPG" as if it proves something.

He had a couple of ricks, in a side under constant pressure.

Wonder what his PPG was against Palmer's?


I’m not even sure what they’re referring to by “XPG”. Maybe xG - but that’s a team rating, not individual players.

I did compared the PPG for Palmer and Muric way back, and it was something like 0.83 for Muric and 0.5 for Palmer.

Footballcritic had Muric rated as joint 9th best ‘keeper for that PL season. Just ahead of Pickford, and equal to Kelleher.

3 ‘keepers made 5 mistakes leading to goals. One was Robert Sánchez, who also had 4 mistakes leading to chances. Muric had none, which goes to show he was also unfortunate in that all 5 mistakes he made resulted in a goal. Admittedly Sánchez played 13 more games, but it does illustrate the point.

There are plenty of stats that support the view that Muric wasn’t as terrible as many make out. No denying he messed up big time on a few occasions, but people (understandably) focus on those and lose sight of much of the positives.
1
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 22:49 - May 13 with 553 viewsFrimleyBlue

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 22:36 - May 13 by KBsSocks

KM trust ? I think I would trust KM with my granny. Well, both granny's ashes. If KM trusts Muric, then ... hopefully we'll see him back.

I agree about the "happy", too.
But did he look happy in Italy ? Burnley ? Maybe he's just a sour puss.

When does the transfer season close, and what training games are lined up ?

I would not be too surprised to see him participating, but would also not at all be surprised to see him depart.


Yeah course the player has to trust km. If km and imo told muric to go longer more like he allowed Palmer then it would have eased alot of muric pressure imo.

Waka Waka
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

0
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 23:04 - May 13 with 533 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I think its best for all parties to have a clean break tbh.

Muric is a very talented goalkeeper who just had one too many brain farts for us and that's seemingly broke the relationship with a lot of of fans and I don't think you want that nervousness in the stadium. By all accounts the players also wanted a change in net, dont think the relationship between Muric and the rest of the squad was that good.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

1
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 23:14 - May 13 with 516 viewsbaxterbasics

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 21:41 - May 13 by cressi

I didn't believe I had to be Shakespeare, I absolutely detest snobs my view a keeper who is error prone who nobody in the back four would feel confident in.


There's nothing snobby about preferring to read coherent sentences.

zip
Poll: Who will win the World Cup golden boot?

5
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 23:46 - May 13 with 495 viewspablovien

Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 22:20 - May 13 by wkj

I have a feeling that him being here next season would be more a question of whether or not he wants to be here. Reading between the lines it seems that he or his agent may have other options they favour


This.

I will be interested to learn the details of an already-negotiated done deal, shortly after it becomes legal for the parties involved to announce it ...
0
Surely it's worth at least having a look at Aro Muric in pre-season on 23:49 - May 13 with 489 viewsLibero

five errors that led directly to goals, say's no.

Probably the most unconvincing professional goalkeeper I've ever seen, despite his clear natural talent and athleticism.

Makes Andy Marshall and Dean Gerken look reliable.
-1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026