Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium 21:24 - Jun 14 with 1609 viewsSE1blue

It’s not about making money from commercials at all…

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

2
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:25 - Jun 14 with 1588 viewsredrickstuhaart

You can do it in a minute if genuinely necessary.

This is quarters by the back door and changes the shape and flow ofthe game.

A half of football should be a hard slog. Not a twenty minute 7 aside feeling game with a rest.

Poll: Will the US Mid terms get cancelled or "postponed"?

11
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:33 - Jun 14 with 1502 viewsPerublue

I’ve not see much of this game in fact just the hydration break .. which was 3 minutes.. so presumably at the very least that’ll be added on ,have there been many stoppages ?
Is the roof open on this one ?

Poll: Should Burns or Chaplin now replace the Shefki/Pablo TWTD question of yore ?

0
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:34 - Jun 14 with 1490 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:25 - Jun 14 by redrickstuhaart

You can do it in a minute if genuinely necessary.

This is quarters by the back door and changes the shape and flow ofthe game.

A half of football should be a hard slog. Not a twenty minute 7 aside feeling game with a rest.


I think it was the Switzerland Qatar game yesterday where both teams were ready to restart but had to wait the full 3 minutes and so were all in position listening (I think) to Whitney Houston blasting out around the stadium until the time was up. It was ridiculous
1
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:36 - Jun 14 with 1461 viewsDaninthecampo

Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:33 - Jun 14 by Perublue

I’ve not see much of this game in fact just the hydration break .. which was 3 minutes.. so presumably at the very least that’ll be added on ,have there been many stoppages ?
Is the roof open on this one ?


No roof is closed 22c inside, ridiculous
4
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:37 - Jun 14 with 1441 viewsSitfcB

Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:33 - Jun 14 by Perublue

I’ve not see much of this game in fact just the hydration break .. which was 3 minutes.. so presumably at the very least that’ll be added on ,have there been many stoppages ?
Is the roof open on this one ?


Yep a minimum of 3 mins added on, it’s usually 4 mins for the first half.

COYB
Poll: Should we block polls for one day?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

2
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:38 - Jun 14 with 1416 viewsvapour_trail

Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:34 - Jun 14 by benrhyddingblue

I think it was the Switzerland Qatar game yesterday where both teams were ready to restart but had to wait the full 3 minutes and so were all in position listening (I think) to Whitney Houston blasting out around the stadium until the time was up. It was ridiculous


I think that was the game where one team had to restart defending a corner which is also just fcking with the game.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

0
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:39 - Jun 14 with 1400 viewsbuoyant

I think we are going to have to get used to it I'm afraid. It'll end up being adopted in the PL as most games are on Telly these days and sky etc will want to maximise revenue.

Please stop the fookin clock though! Ridiculous!

UTT

2
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:45 - Jun 14 with 1319 viewsPerublue

Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:38 - Jun 14 by vapour_trail

I think that was the game where one team had to restart defending a corner which is also just fcking with the game.


As mentioned earlier it’s the flow of the match being interrupted that’s bugging me… I understand for a bad injury… or weather … extreme weather… not climate controlled stadiums that the Qatarís also initially promised to win their bid…that never materialized.

Poll: Should Burns or Chaplin now replace the Shefki/Pablo TWTD question of yore ?

2
Login to get fewer ads

Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:48 - Jun 14 with 1291 viewsZx1988

Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:25 - Jun 14 by redrickstuhaart

You can do it in a minute if genuinely necessary.

This is quarters by the back door and changes the shape and flow ofthe game.

A half of football should be a hard slog. Not a twenty minute 7 aside feeling game with a rest.


Germany v Curacao was a good example earlier.

Curacao had equalised and were having a real go at the Germans, and then the hydration break popped up and allowed the Germans a tactical time out.

It probably had no real bearing on the end result, but the Germans looked a different proposition after the break.

Not a prophet, or a stone-age man; just a mortal with potential of a superman.
Poll: Worst Ginger?

4
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:49 - Jun 14 with 1266 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s hideous. I’ve no issue with a genuine need because of conditions, but this isn’t that. I find the defence that mangers want it a bit surreal. No shit Sherlock! That’s why they’ve been telling players to fake injury to get a ‘time out’.

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

1
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:49 - Jun 14 with 1267 viewsvapour_trail

Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:45 - Jun 14 by Perublue

As mentioned earlier it’s the flow of the match being interrupted that’s bugging me… I understand for a bad injury… or weather … extreme weather… not climate controlled stadiums that the Qatarís also initially promised to win their bid…that never materialized.


I’m thinking back now to rule changes back in the day that I felt were really positive.

Three points for a win.
Stopping the (fcking Liverpool) back pass to the keeper.

Improved the game.

Has anything introduced in recent times improved the game?

Definitely not VAR
not moving from halves to quarters.

Goal line tech, yes.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

1
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:55 - Jun 14 with 1215 viewsbuoyant

Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:49 - Jun 14 by vapour_trail

I’m thinking back now to rule changes back in the day that I felt were really positive.

Three points for a win.
Stopping the (fcking Liverpool) back pass to the keeper.

Improved the game.

Has anything introduced in recent times improved the game?

Definitely not VAR
not moving from halves to quarters.

Goal line tech, yes.


Not putting the flag up/blowing the whistle when there's an offside. Rubbish

Reverse throw ins is a pretty good initiative..

UTT

0
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:57 - Jun 14 with 1187 viewsvapour_trail

Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:55 - Jun 14 by buoyant

Not putting the flag up/blowing the whistle when there's an offside. Rubbish

Reverse throw ins is a pretty good initiative..


Hmm, I think if you’ve got VAR, that makes sense.

But just bin off VAR. it’s made the game worse.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

1
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:58 - Jun 14 with 1167 viewsSE1blue

Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:49 - Jun 14 by vapour_trail

I’m thinking back now to rule changes back in the day that I felt were really positive.

Three points for a win.
Stopping the (fcking Liverpool) back pass to the keeper.

Improved the game.

Has anything introduced in recent times improved the game?

Definitely not VAR
not moving from halves to quarters.

Goal line tech, yes.


Keepers not being allowed to pick the ball up from a back pass was a great rule change.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

2
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:59 - Jun 14 with 1153 viewsStokieBlue

Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:38 - Jun 14 by vapour_trail

I think that was the game where one team had to restart defending a corner which is also just fcking with the game.


Careful now, criticising anything about this WC is unacceptable and a few posters will jump on you. They will then claim that people are looking for anything to criticise about the WC.

It's ridiculous though, a number of managers have already come out saying it's totally disrupted the flow of the game when they were on top.

All so the US TV companies can sell a few more adverts. At least the we aren't seeing more adverts here I guess.

SB

Avatar - M101 - Pinwheel Galaxy

3
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 22:01 - Jun 14 with 1134 viewsvapour_trail

Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:58 - Jun 14 by SE1blue

Keepers not being allowed to pick the ball up from a back pass was a great rule change.


When you’re one nil down at anfield.

It’s grobelaar, to lawrenson, to hansen, to grobelaar.

Etc.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

1
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 22:29 - Jun 14 with 976 viewsMark

Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 21:39 - Jun 14 by buoyant

I think we are going to have to get used to it I'm afraid. It'll end up being adopted in the PL as most games are on Telly these days and sky etc will want to maximise revenue.

Please stop the fookin clock though! Ridiculous!


No, we can't allow it. Complain and cancel TV subscriptions if they try to introduce it. We need to preserve football and not let commercialism totally destroy it.
0
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 10:00 - Jun 15 with 720 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 22:29 - Jun 14 by Mark

No, we can't allow it. Complain and cancel TV subscriptions if they try to introduce it. We need to preserve football and not let commercialism totally destroy it.


Are people really going to cancel Sky/ TNT subscriptions if they fcuk with the game? They’ll be Moana and groans but littke else.

Antisemites and Jew haters will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

0
Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 11:09 - Jun 15 with 651 viewsSE1blue

Hydration break in an air conditioned stadium on 10:00 - Jun 15 by GlasgowBlue

Are people really going to cancel Sky/ TNT subscriptions if they fcuk with the game? They’ll be Moana and groans but littke else.


I doubt there’ll be many just because Aladdin a forum has Frozen his account. But what Dumbo thought these breaks were a good idea?

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026