By continuing to use the site, you agree to our use of cookies and to abide by our Terms and Conditions. We in turn value your personal details in accordance with our Privacy Policy.
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Because I am old, some of my targeted Facebook content seems to be retro computer games, which does actually bring up some nice stuff.
For those of similarly advanced years, share the obscure/low budget/forgotten games that entertained you before consoles too over.
Here's one from me. Rockstar Ate My Hamster. Sort of like football manager but with pop bands. Had this on the spectrum 128k, but also played a lot on a mates Atari ST.
Consoles and computers were available around the same time, but I was very glad to have a Spectrum rather than an NES / Sega Master System. Fantasy World Dizzy for £2.99 was one of my best purchases, and one I remember fondly. Head Over Heels was probably the best in the Speccy.
0
Niche computer games from the pre console era on 22:55 - Oct 5 with 104 views
Niche computer games from the pre console era on 20:42 - Oct 5 by Guthrum
Moonlander on the ZX81. Always popular was Defender on the BBC Micro.
Labyrinth on the ZX81 was the first home computer game i ever played. I remember being blown away by the graphics. Far more impressive than our Hanimex Pong machine and light gun.
1
Niche computer games from the pre console era on 23:01 - Oct 5 with 96 views
Funnily enough I am getting flooded with retro games on FB too!
From affluent friends of mine having BBC micro, to my family graduating from a 16k spectrum (yep the cheap version of thr 48k rubber keyboard sleccy) to a C64, Amiga 500 and into the 386sx PC's and beyond.
All the Ultimate Speccy games (Sabrewulf, Underworld etc need a mention), the later games Lemmings (awesome split screen 2 player), Sensible Soccer (spent a weekend playing this with 8 friends!), then into PS1, PS2 etc.
The best preconsole game that caught my 8 yo attention was this:
(Tried to avoid all the AI etc vids on youtube, the above is what I remember Elite being)
PS evidently can still play it today...
1
Niche computer games from the pre console era on 23:54 - Oct 5 with 45 views
Niche computer games from the pre console era on 22:55 - Oct 5 by Mark
Consoles and computers were available around the same time, but I was very glad to have a Spectrum rather than an NES / Sega Master System. Fantasy World Dizzy for £2.99 was one of my best purchases, and one I remember fondly. Head Over Heels was probably the best in the Speccy.
Spectrum was before the NES and way before it became any sort of popular thing in the UK.