Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" 22:58 - Jul 18 with 11180 viewssitocastro

1. Bart
2. Gerken
3. Crowe

4. Knudsen
5. Smith
6. Chambers
7. Webster
8. Spence
9. Kenlock
10. Iorfa

11. Bishop
12. Skuse
13. Ward
14. Hyam
15. Rowe
16. Huws
17. Adeyemi
18. Celina

19. Garner
20. Sears
21. Mcgoldrick

Haven't included Bru, Downes, Dozzel, Nydam. Hopefully another 1-3 players
Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 23:03 - Jul 18 with 8671 viewsSmithy

“We’ll have about 22 to 24 maybe,” said McCarthy. “That will probably include Dozza [Andre Dozzell], Tristan [Nydam] and Flynn Downes.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 23:22 - Jul 18 with 8579 viewsdalianwasexciting

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 23:03 - Jul 18 by Smithy

“We’ll have about 22 to 24 maybe,” said McCarthy. “That will probably include Dozza [Andre Dozzell], Tristan [Nydam] and Flynn Downes.

Very thin on the striker front......as feared/expected...(delete as appropriate!)

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 23:38 - Jul 18 with 8531 viewsTractorBoyOlly

I think another Striker and a winger will be us done although I would be greedy and ask for 2 more strikers

Poll: Final points total?

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 00:19 - Jul 19 with 8442 viewswkj

There is of course Bart who was the talk of being watched too... I hope he doesnt go, though I am quite worried he might

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 00:33 - Jul 19 with 8415 viewsxrayspecs

Agree with that although suspect Crowe will not be counted as part of the senior squad.

So 23, with Dozzell, Downes and Nydam. Bru will be off somewhere before the deadline.

I agree that another striker and another winger would be ideal. If we did get another midfielder, then I can see Hyam going elsewhere.

Possibly a left sided CB as cover.
Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 03:50 - Jul 19 with 8307 viewsKieran_Knows

I wonder if we're targeting a player who can play out on the wing, as well as playing through the middle like Bodvarsson can and that will be our transfers done for the summer. That would take the squad to 22, with Dozzell, Downes and Nydam making it 25.

Unless of course others are leaving, but other than Bru, I think that'll be it.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 04:06 - Jul 19 with 8298 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 03:50 - Jul 19 by Kieran_Knows

I wonder if we're targeting a player who can play out on the wing, as well as playing through the middle like Bodvarsson can and that will be our transfers done for the summer. That would take the squad to 22, with Dozzell, Downes and Nydam making it 25.

I could see Bru, Hyam and Bart leaving as worst case scenario which would mean that:

1) A youth keeper would step up as back up with Crowe promoted to sub keeper
2) A midfielder could be recruited along the lines of Grant Ward who can play as a Winger or CM
3) Another striker signed regardless.

Although having looked at what we currently have, other that one more striker I'm unsure Mick will sign anyone else after what he's said tonight.

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 04:10 - Jul 19 with 8292 viewsGiveusaWave

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 04:06 - Jul 19 by TractorBoyOlly

I could see Bru, Hyam and Bart leaving as worst case scenario which would mean that:

2) A midfielder could be recruited along the lines of Grant Ward who can play as a Winger or CM

Although having looked at what we currently have, other that one more striker I'm unsure Mick will sign anyone else after what he's said tonight.

We have back up in Blanchfield also. Do seem a bit thin on the ground in terms of striking options though.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Login to get fewer ads

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 04:10 - Jul 19 with 8291 viewsGiveusaWave

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 04:10 - Jul 19 by GiveusaWave

We have back up in Blanchfield also. Do seem a bit thin on the ground in terms of striking options though.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/james-blanchfield-is-firmly-in-mick-mccarthy-s-plans

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 04:13 - Jul 19 with 8287 viewsTractorBoyOlly

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/james-blanchfield-is-firmly-in-mick-mccarthy-s-plans

Hmm that was a year ago and Mick is well known to change his mind quickly, just look at Benyu. Although point taken

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 04:14 - Jul 19 with 8287 viewsGiveusaWave

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/the-seven-ipswich-town-youngsters-facing-a-big-2017-

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 04:40 - Jul 19 with 8266 viewsKieran_Knows

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 04:06 - Jul 19 by TractorBoyOlly

I do wonder if Hyam will ever get another chance here. I know he's virtually been ever present under Mick, when fit, but I just don't see him getting in the side ahead of Skuse, Adeyemi or Huws. Not forgetting we also have Ward who can play there, and Bishop returning from injury as well, not to mention Dozzell, Nydam and Downes.

Maybe Hyam will go out on loan until January if he gets fit before the transfer window closes?

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 06:29 - Jul 19 with 8175 viewsCurrie10

I think Bishop may yet go out on loan.

THANK GOD no Bru - that said who is going to be daft enough to come in and take his wages off us? Shocking ' player '.

Hyam - I wish we'd offloaded before now. Even when fit not the biggest fan and with the injuries I don't see why the hell we gave him such a long deal.

Need 2 x striker - McGoldrick is good for 25 games max and will clearly break down.

Positive like others Bart will go - anything north of 5 mill I'd sell.

Of the others, can see somebody taking Tommy Smith off us and I'd be happy to cash in for a decent fee. Maybe same with Knudsen.

We seem to have filled the glaring holes this term. I think we'll certainly do better than last seasons fiasco, whether we have enough for the top 6 is open to debate with the sums other clubs are throwing at it.

That said, we'll clearly do better than fire sale Hull and some other sides the bookies rate above us.

COYB.
Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 06:36 - Jul 19 with 8163 viewsPinewoodblue

Just have to replace Murphy the, plus of course anyone we sell in the next six weeks.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 06:39 - Jul 19 with 8158 viewschristiand

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 06:29 - Jul 19 by Currie10

I think Bishop may yet go out on loan.

THANK GOD no Bru - that said who is going to be daft enough to come in and take his wages off us? Shocking ' player '.

Hyam - I wish we'd offloaded before now. Even when fit not the biggest fan and with the injuries I don't see why the hell we gave him such a long deal.

Need 2 x striker - McGoldrick is good for 25 games max and will clearly break down.

Positive like others Bart will go - anything north of 5 mill I'd sell.

Of the others, can see somebody taking Tommy Smith off us and I'd be happy to cash in for a decent fee. Maybe same with Knudsen.

We seem to have filled the glaring holes this term. I think we'll certainly do better than last seasons fiasco, whether we have enough for the top 6 is open to debate with the sums other clubs are throwing at it.

That said, we'll clearly do better than fire sale Hull and some other sides the bookies rate above us.

COYB.

Harsh on Bru. Consistency is his issue. He'll play well for one one game, everyone raves about him, then he'll be poor for the next two and we all wonder why he is in the starting line up? He always did better coming on from the bench, but I wouldn't say he was a 'shocking' player.

That squad, on paper, will do better than last season but I'd be extremely surprised if we get anywhere near the top 6. Still need another striker and a decent one, not a squad filler like Moore.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

on 07:00 - Jul 19 with 8111 views_

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 06:39 - Jul 19 by christiand

Harsh on Bru. Consistency is his issue. He'll play well for one one game, everyone raves about him, then he'll be poor for the next two and we all wonder why he is in the starting line up? He always did better coming on from the bench, but I wouldn't say he was a 'shocking' player.

That squad, on paper, will do better than last season but I'd be extremely surprised if we get anywhere near the top 6. Still need another striker and a decent one, not a squad filler like Moore.

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 07:05 - Jul 19 with 8089 viewschristiand

on 07:00 - Jul 19 by _

Yes, that is down to consistency Libero. He has shown glimpses he has ability, but he certainly isn't a starter.

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 07:39 - Jul 19 with 8002 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 07:05 - Jul 19 by christiand

Yes, that is down to consistency Libero. He has shown glimpses he has ability, but he certainly isn't a starter.

Overall Bru has been a solid free agent signing and doesn't deserve the criticism IMO. Ok we all wouldn't miss him if he goes but if he does stay as mention he is a good impact sub. Much better than his fellow free agent friend.

on 07:43 - Jul 19 with 7986 views_

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 07:05 - Jul 19 by christiand

Mccarthys on 08:48 - Jul 19 with 7869 viewschristiand

on 07:43 - Jul 19 by _

Bru is more of a creative type of player, he can spot a pass (when on form) and has a certain amount of quality about his game; in short bursts. If it was solely down to strength and conditioning that is something that can be improved by the club through a set programme with Andy Liddell. He probably never was quite up to Championship level week in, week out, especially the physicality of the league - which isn't his game.

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 09:14 - Jul 19 with 7811 viewsTIB

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 03:50 - Jul 19 by Kieran_Knows

Conor Chaplin?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 09:21 - Jul 19 with 7780 viewsKieran_Knows

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 09:14 - Jul 19 by TIB

Conor Chaplin?

Possibly, I know we've definitely been interested in the past. Only concern is that Mick might be looking for someone 6ft plus for that role, if you get what I mean. Someone to aim for from goal kicks ...

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 09:41 - Jul 19 with 7727 viewsTIB

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 09:21 - Jul 19 by Kieran_Knows

Possibly, I know we've definitely been interested in the past. Only concern is that Mick might be looking for someone 6ft plus for that role, if you get what I mean. Someone to aim for from goal kicks ...

Yeah at 5'6 he's no Murphy. That said, I think he mixes between playing up top and just behind.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 09:58 - Jul 19 with 7661 viewsWallingford_Boy

Providing no-one (Bart) leaves, I think one more striker and we are good to go.

RIP Sir Bobby

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 10:05 - Jul 19 with 7629 viewsPhilTWTD

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 09:58 - Jul 19 by Wallingford_Boy

Providing no-one (Bart) leaves, I think one more striker and we are good to go.

Agree, striker and another wideman and I think we're just about there, although there may well be someone else come in later on down the line before the window closes depending on how the first few weeks progress. I had thought another left-sided centre-half might be on the cards but I'm led to believe they're not looking for one, believing that there's sufficient cover already.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024