Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country 16:23 - Jul 20 with 14518 viewsElderGrizzly

We're not very good at this negotiating thing are we?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/20/britons-living-in-europe-could-
Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:29 - Jul 20 with 6742 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be honest, this should be the easy bit.

Reciprocal rights for those affected at the date we exit the EU.

But, I guess lots of posturing and flexing to be done at this stage.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:29 - Jul 20 with 6742 viewsLord_Lucan

I tried to buy a house in Spain last year, good job it fell through.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:30 - Jul 20 with 6736 viewsfactual_blue

Thicky davis didn't listen to 'Pup' Eaglesham or 'Mugsy' Muirhead.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:31 - Jul 20 with 6732 viewsblue_oyster

Why we're offering rights to people for nothing in return is beyond me. They need us more than we need them, so they can 'go whistle', in the words of Al Johnson.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:31 - Jul 20 with 6726 viewsJ2BLUE

Were we ever expecting anthing else? Seems quite logical.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:31 - Jul 20 with 6724 viewsfactual_blue

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:29 - Jul 20 by Lord_Lucan

I tried to buy a house in Spain last year, good job it fell through.

To be frank, that's probably the reaction of the Spanish to your failed purchase.

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:33 - Jul 20 with 6722 viewsitfcjoe

Whether you agree with Brexit or not, surely no one can think we are going to come out as well as we could with this bunch of useless charlatans negotiating the exit.

We wasted a huge amount of our window on a pointless GE, and that has achieved more uncertainty and the need for the MPs negotiating it to head back if anything happens as the government can't get anything passed as such a small majority.

It'd be comical if it wasn't so serious

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:33 - Jul 20 with 6713 viewsfactual_blue

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:31 - Jul 20 by J2BLUE

Were we ever expecting anthing else? Seems quite logical.

So long as they send all the vest-wearing, sunburnt knuckleheads from Benidorm to their spiritual home, a largeish village green near Colchester.

Thank you and good night.

Login to get fewer ads

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:33 - Jul 20 with 6711 viewstcblue

Well, if they want our jam and a Dyson, they'll bloody well get back to the negotiating table. We've got em by the short and curlies lads
Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:37 - Jul 20 with 6697 viewsJ2BLUE

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:33 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

Whether you agree with Brexit or not, surely no one can think we are going to come out as well as we could with this bunch of useless charlatans negotiating the exit.

We wasted a huge amount of our window on a pointless GE, and that has achieved more uncertainty and the need for the MPs negotiating it to head back if anything happens as the government can't get anything passed as such a small majority.

I think it's going to fall apart and we'll stay. It's just a question of how long it takes.

Truly impaired.

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:38 - Jul 20 with 6693 viewsfactual_blue

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:33 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

And we are of course cozying up to the Turks for a quick trade deal. And of course people will be outraged when the Turks want freedom of movement of part of the deal.....

As will the Indians, the Brazilians and all the rest.

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:39 - Jul 20 with 6690 viewsElderGrizzly

The end result will of course be free movement for all EU citizens in return for us having the same within the EU.

And that will be quite brilliant when the Brexiteers get all "we never voted for this"...

We should have a cross-party negotiating team representing the entire UK, not this bunch of charlatans.
Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:41 - Jul 20 with 6666 viewsThePitBoss

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:30 - Jul 20 by factual_blue

Thicky davis didn't listen to 'Pup' Eaglesham or 'Mugsy' Muirhead.

Thicky Davis. In charge of the most important negotiations in a generation. Possible next prime minister.

Factual Blue. Empty days on TWTD talking to himself.

I'm beginning to understand where your bitterness comes from.
Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:42 - Jul 20 with 6658 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:39 - Jul 20 by ElderGrizzly

The end result will of course be free movement for all EU citizens in return for us having the same within the EU.

And that will be quite brilliant when the Brexiteers get all "we never voted for this"...

We should have a cross-party negotiating team representing the entire UK, not this bunch of charlatans.

There lies the problem.

Lots of people voted for lots of different things, despite ticking the same box.

The truth is, no one knows what type of brexit was really voted for.

Its been a farce from the start.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:48 - Jul 20 with 6625 viewsfactual_blue

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:42 - Jul 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

There lies the problem.

Lots of people voted for lots of different things, despite ticking the same box.

I sadly suspect most people thought they were voting for a return to 1895 and The Glorious (sic) British Empire with the ethos of 'Wave the Flag and Flog the W.og'

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:48 - Jul 20 with 6617 viewsElderGrizzly

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:42 - Jul 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

There lies the problem.

Why we shouldn't have another vote on the referendum, but we should have a vote on what that looks like when a deal is known.

But yes, the whole thing is a farce.
Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:52 - Jul 20 with 6584 viewsStokieBlue

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:37 - Jul 20 by J2BLUE

I think it's going to fall apart and we'll stay. It's just a question of how long it takes.

Without the rebate and with the EUR?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:54 - Jul 20 with 6587 viewsBlueBadger

There lies the problem.

It's almost as if this whole clusterf*ck was a poorly thought through stunt from an incompetent prime minister designed to bring together a political party rather than an exercise carried our in the national interest.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 16:57]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:58 - Jul 20 with 6564 viewsBlueBadger

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:33 - Jul 20 by tcblue

Well, if they want our jam and a Dyson, they'll bloody well get back to the negotiating table. We've got em by the short and curlies lads

As if ultra patiotic James yson would ever dream of selling a hoover to a foreigner!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:58 - Jul 20 with 6565 viewsSteve_M

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:37 - Jul 20 by J2BLUE

And what we lose in the meantime. The idea of the UK as a serious,mature democracy has taken a bit of a hit globally.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:59 - Jul 20 with 6559 viewsSteve_M

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:38 - Jul 20 by factual_blue

And we are of course cozying up to the Turks for a quick trade deal. And of course people will be outraged when the Turks want freedom of movement of part of the deal.....

Any sort of arrangement with Turkey at the moment is politically fraught to say the least given that Erdogan seems to be dismantling democracy at a rate that can only have May crying that she can't do the same.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 17:00 - Jul 20 with 6558 viewsElderGrizzly

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:41 - Jul 20 by ThePitBoss

Thicky Davis. In charge of the most important negotiations in a generation. Possible next prime minister.

Factual Blue. Empty days on TWTD talking to himself.

I'm beginning to understand where your bitterness comes from.

What's even weirder, is coming onto a football forum and not once posting about football.

Almost like you come on here purely to spout racist, xenophobic nonsense and try and wind up other board members.

What will your next re-incarnation be after PitBoss?
Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 17:03 - Jul 20 with 6548 viewsBlueBadger

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:38 - Jul 20 by factual_blue

It wuld certainly be 'brilliantly' ironic, given that one the of Leave cmapaigns big planks was the not-at-all-sog-whistling insistence that any day now 89 billion turks were going to join the EU and come to the UK.

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 17:05 - Jul 20 with 6529 viewsJ2BLUE

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:52 - Jul 20 by StokieBlue

Without the rebate and with the EUR?

SB

I assume we'd retain rebates and opt outs. I know several of them have said otherwise. Hard to know what to believe at this point.

If we would lose rebates and opt out and the public were fully informed we'd be remaining a block with the end goal for a United States of Europe then I think leave would win another referendum easily. I'm sure that won't be the case though.

Truly impaired.

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 17:09 - Jul 20 with 6510 viewsJ2BLUE

Britons living in Europe could lose right to live in another EU country on 16:58 - Jul 20 by Steve_M

And what we lose in the meantime. The idea of the UK as a serious,mature democracy has taken a bit of a hit globally.

Disagree. I don't see the link between voting to leave and not being a serious and mature democracy. I think some remainers are all too willing to accept the story that the racist idiotic majority voted down the progressive intelligent enlightened people.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024