Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts 11:25 - Aug 17 with 6967 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Interesting to see they're yet to win. They came close on Tuesday though albeit an 98th min equaliser by Bristol City.

Brentford in recent years always look like a good, technical, free flowing team whenever I've seen them. Usually with a lot of youngsters in the side too with potential to go on and play at a higher level.

Apparently Ryan Woods won't be playing though, very good news for us. Always looks a class above when I've seen him. He's missed the last couple of games through family reasons I believe. I think Brentford have struggled without him - dictates play and is very good at winning the ball back and being the aggressor in the centre.

Not sure what our injury status is ahead of Saturday - will wait for Mick's press conference on that note - but I presume the likes of Downes & Celinawill be back for Saturday?

I'm not sure if we will resort to 4-4-2 or 5-3-2. Brentford usually have good wingers with overlapping full backs. Waghorn/Iorfa and Sears/Knudsen looked good going forward, but defending as well. But what chance is there Mick lines up with 4 strikers again? 3 of them played 90mins on Tuesday.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 11:26]

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 11:37 - Aug 17 with 5864 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't think McGoldrick will start on Saturday, as I pointed out on another thread, in the last 3 games he's played 90 minutes, 45 minutes and 90 minutes, so well may be due a rest.

I think he'll either go 5-3-2 with;
Bart
Iorfa Spence Chambers Knudsen Kenlock
Skuse Downes
Ward
Garner Waghorn

or 4-4-2 with;
Bart
Iorfa Spence Chambers Knudsen
Ward Skuse Downes Sears
Garner Waghorn

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 11:38 - Aug 17 with 5855 viewsLord_Lucan

I think we are going to rip Brentford a new arse.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I'm just waiting for their...... on 11:45 - Aug 17 with 5844 viewsBloots

....apparently "sensible and articulate" fans from Beesotted to start telling everyone that we are just a bunch of thugs on the pitch.

They have a totally unjustified chip on their shoulder about us.

Although once they get to see Garner in action they will actually have something to moan about.

Hopefully.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

I'm just waiting for their...... on 11:50 - Aug 17 with 5813 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm just waiting for their...... on 11:45 - Aug 17 by Bloots

....apparently "sensible and articulate" fans from Beesotted to start telling everyone that we are just a bunch of thugs on the pitch.

Although once they get to see Garner in action they will actually have something to moan about.

Hopefully.

Yeah but Luke Hyam did break Alan Judge's leg on purpose....

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I'm just waiting for their...... on 11:58 - Aug 17 with 5779 viewsBasuco

I'm just waiting for their...... on 11:50 - Aug 17 by Reuser_is_God

and the fact several of their players tried to break Hyham's leg with very heavy tackles in retaliation seems to pass them by as well.
Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 13:58 - Aug 17 with 5616 viewstheblueginger

Brentford are such an odious tinpot club who have got way above themselves.

I also detest this idea of them being some poor little underdog club, when they have been outspending many other teams on foreign imports. Having an allotment as a stadium does not make you plucky.
Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 14:06 - Aug 17 with 5591 viewsITFC_Forever

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 13:58 - Aug 17 by theblueginger

Brentford are such an odious tinpot club who have got way above themselves.

I also detest this idea of them being some poor little underdog club, when they have been outspending many other teams on foreign imports. Having an allotment as a stadium does not make you plucky.

The reason they have had such money to spend is because they have found quality players who cost very little and sold them for a lot of money, while playing very good football in to the bargain.

Their fans were very friendly towards us up to the game when Hyam broke Judge's leg, then they fell out with us somewhat - and as others have said, they had no shortage of players seeking retribution on his behalf.

Ryan Wood is an excellent midfield general and will run the game if we allow him to, although he has missed their last couple of games as his partner lost their baby, so it remains to be seen if he'll be back to face us.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I'm just waiting for their...... on 14:39 - Aug 17 with 5528 viewsHarryWright

I'm just waiting for their...... on 11:45 - Aug 17 by Bloots

Hopefully.

Yes there reaction to Garner will be priceless, might just have to create an account on their forum to see it. Hope we smash em and they all cry about our 'thuggish team'.
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 14:55 - Aug 17 with 5479 viewsWallingford_Boy

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 11:37 - Aug 17 by Kieran_Knows

I don't think McGoldrick will start on Saturday, as I pointed out on another thread, in the last 3 games he's played 90 minutes, 45 minutes and 90 minutes, so well may be due a rest.

I think he'll either go 5-3-2 with;
Bart
Iorfa Spence Chambers Knudsen Kenlock
Skuse Downes
Ward
Garner Waghorn

or 4-4-2 with;
Bart
Iorfa Spence Chambers Knudsen
Ward Skuse Downes Sears
Garner Waghorn

I don't really get this "rest Didz" thing.

Yes I know he's struggled with injuries in the past but he is now fully fit and arguable our most influential player. He is a professional athlete and 3 games into the season we should not be resting him! He is not 17 and he is not 37, he is 29!!

If he's injury free, play him!

RIP Sir Bobby

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 14:58 - Aug 17 with 5471 viewsITFCBlues

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 14:55 - Aug 17 by Wallingford_Boy

Yes I know he's struggled with injuries in the past but he is now fully fit and arguable our most influential player. He is a professional athlete and 3 games into the season we should not be resting him! He is not 17 and he is not 37, he is 29!!

Agree. I'm all for resting him in the cup games or even at the later part of the season.

With all the injuries, we're really not in a position to be resting players

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 15:01 - Aug 17 with 5471 viewsHarryWright

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 14:55 - Aug 17 by Wallingford_Boy

True, but then I'd rather him miss one game every now and then as opposed to months like he has done since he joined. I think his influence is more of a reason to rest him, as a fan however I want to see him play because he's just so good to watch.
Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 16:51 - Aug 17 with 5367 viewsPilgrimblue

I think Woods will be playing and if so we need to have our midfield cutting off his supply as last season he ran the game and made Skuse look very pedestrian.
However if we carry on our attacking style we'll be giving them plenty to think about
Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 20:18 - Aug 17 with 5212 viewsflimflam

Watching highlights and reading match reports Brentford created enough chances to win all their three games twice over.

Very unlucky to have just one point but as we know the championship can be ruthless.

I wont under estimate them Saturday as still a very very good footballing side who will give us our hardest test yet.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 20:34 - Aug 17 with 5181 viewsPhilTWTD

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 16:51 - Aug 17 by Pilgrimblue

I think Woods will be playing and if so we need to have our midfield cutting off his supply as last season he ran the game and made Skuse look very pedestrian.
However if we carry on our attacking style we'll be giving them plenty to think about

Woods is on compassionate leave and will miss the game as his partner recently lost their unborn baby.
Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 07:39 - Aug 18 with 4884 viewsSwn98

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 14:58 - Aug 17 by ITFCBlues

Agree. I'm all for resting him in the cup games or even at the later part of the season.

With all the injuries, we're really not in a position to be resting players

Robbie12345 you are obviously a Bees supporter and you don't want Didz to play keep marking people down!
I'm just waiting for their...... on 07:47 - Aug 18 with 4879 viewsHerbivore

I'm just waiting for their...... on 11:50 - Aug 17 by Reuser_is_God

I'm not sure it was even a foul. It was a 50/50 and Hyam won the ball, it was very unfortunate that Judge's standing leg was planted the way it was and that Hyam's momentum carried him into his standing leg and snapped it. It was in no way deliberate, unlike the treatment they subsequently dealt out to him. The only bad challenge that day was the one on Hyam that he retaliated to and got sent off. That was a red card challenge. Brentford want to look at themselves, that challenge and their players' reaction to getting Hyam sent off are some of the more disgusting things I've seen from an opposition side at PR in recent years. I hope we stuff them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'm just waiting for their...... on 08:06 - Aug 18 with 4843 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm just waiting for their...... on 07:47 - Aug 18 by Herbivore

I'm not sure it was even a foul. It was a 50/50 and Hyam won the ball, it was very unfortunate that Judge's standing leg was planted the way it was and that Hyam's momentum carried him into his standing leg and snapped it. It was in no way deliberate, unlike the treatment they subsequently dealt out to him. The only bad challenge that day was the one on Hyam that he retaliated to and got sent off. That was a red card challenge. Brentford want to look at themselves, that challenge and their players' reaction to getting Hyam sent off are some of the more disgusting things I've seen from an opposition side at PR in recent years. I hope we stuff them.

I'm certain it wasn't even a foul

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I'm just waiting for their...... on 08:25 - Aug 18 with 4820 viewsMullet

I'm just waiting for their...... on 07:47 - Aug 18 by Herbivore

That was the weirdest thing about it. Even if Hyam did it on purpose, the way they targeted him after and the holier than thou attitude were at total odds with one another.

Plus it was pretty obvious to anyone who watches football it was one of those nasty accidents that happen now and again.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 20:01 - Aug 18 with 4629 viewsbrightlingseabee

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 20:18 - Aug 17 by flimflam

Watching highlights and reading match reports Brentford created enough chances to win all their three games twice over.

Very unlucky to have just one point but as we know the championship can be ruthless.

I wont under estimate them Saturday as still a very very good footballing side who will give us our hardest test yet.

Gonna be a good game I reckon, we are very good going forward but not so great at defending, we have a very young team who are full of energy and enthusiasm but maybe lacking in a bit of experience, we should have beat Bristol comfortably but got all excited in the last few minutes and let in a 98th min equaliser. Our new forward signings Watkins and Maupay look the business.
Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 20:05 - Aug 18 with 4620 viewsITFCBlues

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 20:01 - Aug 18 by brightlingseabee

Gonna be a good game I reckon, we are very good going forward but not so great at defending, we have a very young team who are full of energy and enthusiasm but maybe lacking in a bit of experience, we should have beat Bristol comfortably but got all excited in the last few minutes and let in a 98th min equaliser. Our new forward signings Watkins and Maupay look the business.

Will Maupay start?

I think you'll do is tomorrow. Defence is just far too makeshift to deal with a side that appears to be very tricky in the final third. Such a shame from our point of view but recon your strikers will be licking their lips!

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 20:05 - Aug 18 with 4622 viewsHerbivore

You should really turn us over. We have no centre backs at all and about 5 central midfielders unavailable. Saying that we've got a real attacking threat ourselves so it should be entertaining.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 20:10 - Aug 18 with 4602 viewsStNeotsBlue

I really hope we stuff you as I've got the hump with Brentford, that 98th minute equaliser killed my Acca which was for just short of £500.
Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 20:19 - Aug 18 with 4579 viewsbrightlingseabee

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 20:05 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

Will Maupay start?

I think you'll do is tomorrow. Defence is just far too makeshift to deal with a side that appears to be very tricky in the final third. Such a shame from our point of view but recon your strikers will be licking their lips!

Not sure if he will start, hope so as he has been excellent so far but normally comes on as a sub, Dean Smith seems to favour Vibe who was really good from January last year but has not been at the races so far this year. We are a bit like you at the moment we have all sorts of problems at centre back, our main man Harlee Dean is linked with a move to Leeds so not sure if he will play tomorrow, we are a lot weaker without him
Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 20:29 - Aug 18 with 4557 viewsbrightlingseabee

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 20:10 - Aug 18 by StNeotsBlue

I really hope we stuff you as I've got the hump with Brentford, that 98th minute equaliser killed my Acca which was for just short of £500.

Not over happy with that myself mate
Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 20:44 - Aug 18 with 4525 viewsITFCBlues

Brentford - Pre Match Thoughts on 20:19 - Aug 18 by brightlingseabee

Not sure if he will start, hope so as he has been excellent so far but normally comes on as a sub, Dean Smith seems to favour Vibe who was really good from January last year but has not been at the races so far this year. We are a bit like you at the moment we have all sorts of problems at centre back, our main man Harlee Dean is linked with a move to Leeds so not sure if he will play tomorrow, we are a lot weaker without him

But do you have 9 or 10 injuries lol.

What's the situation with Judge now?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024