Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
de Boer sacked 11:33 - Sep 11 with 5610 viewschicoazul

What a world.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

de Boer sacked on 11:39 - Sep 11 with 5591 viewsBOjK

Going by what the boys on Football Weekly were saying last week (they predicted he would only get a game or two) it seems like the right decision.

Less the case that he lost the dressing room, but that instead he never found it in the first place. Not that he seems to be a bad coach/manager, just a terrible fit for Palace bearing in mind how much he wanted to change and how much resistance there was.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

de Boer sacked on 11:39 - Sep 11 with 5579 viewsPJH

If West Ham lose tonight I would think Bilic will be gone tomorrow.
de Boer sacked on 11:41 - Sep 11 with 5563 viewschicoazul

de Boer sacked on 11:39 - Sep 11 by BOjK

Going by what the boys on Football Weekly were saying last week (they predicted he would only get a game or two) it seems like the right decision.

Less the case that he lost the dressing room, but that instead he never found it in the first place. Not that he seems to be a bad coach/manager, just a terrible fit for Palace bearing in mind how much he wanted to change and how much resistance there was.

Yes I heard that too so no great surprise.
Dutch are often bad communicators too, very blunt and plainly spoken in English (although clearly his Engish is much better than my Flemish). I'm sure some of the lads there used to working under Pardew and Allardycio wont have appreciated that.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

de Boer sacked on 11:42 - Sep 11 with 5543 viewschicoazul

de Boer sacked on 11:39 - Sep 11 by PJH

If West Ham lose tonight I would think Bilic will be gone tomorrow.

Palace have lost all their games and not scored a goal and are still above West Ham.

Probably replace him with the forward thinking.... on 11:43 - Sep 11 with 5533 viewsBloots

....modern manager that is Roy Hodgson.

No wonder the Premier League is such an embarrassing bag of crap.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

de Boer sacked on 11:44 - Sep 11 with 5522 viewsBerlinBlue

As MM would say, bonkers.

Football continues to do crazy things.
Probably replace him with the forward thinking.... on 11:44 - Sep 11 with 5512 viewschicoazul

Probably replace him with the forward thinking.... on 11:43 - Sep 11 by Bloots

....modern manager that is Roy Hodgson.

No wonder the Premier League is such an embarrassing bag of crap.

Didnt Hodgson say he is permanent retired? I'm sure I heard that.

de Boer sacked on 11:51 - Sep 11 with 5477 viewsSaleAway

utterly ridiculous. Employ a manager "for the long term" and to completely change a footballing philosophy and then sack him after 5 games. And if there's ever a game that proves that sometimes it doesn't matter what the manager does, its the players that have to put the ball in the net, it was yesterday. 1 ridiculous error that cost them a goal, and a certain equaliser missed by heading a bouncing ball wide from 2 yards.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Login to get fewer ads

It's fine, he can just say that..... on 11:56 - Sep 11 with 5431 viewsBloots

Probably replace him with the forward thinking.... on 11:44 - Sep 11 by chicoazul

Didnt Hodgson say he is permanent retired? I'm sure I heard that.

....he forgot.

People his age are always forgetting things.

The daft old duffer.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

de Boer sacked on 11:57 - Sep 11 with 5428 viewsPinewoodblue

At least De Boer, when he applies for the soon to be vacant managers job at Norwich, that he beat Ipswich.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

de Boer sacked on 11:57 - Sep 11 with 5420 viewsblue_oyster

I'm sure he will be substantially compensated, and will survive this Christmas. In fact, if he gets another job, he'll be even better off.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

de Boer sacked on 12:07 - Sep 11 with 5368 viewsvapour_trail

Steve Parrish tweeting yesterday that they all needed to stick together must have been referring to something else then.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

de Boer sacked on 12:11 - Sep 11 with 5345 viewsmonty_radio

de Boer sacked on 12:07 - Sep 11 by vapour_trail

Steve Parrish tweeting yesterday that they all needed to stick together must have been referring to something else then.

Perhaps he meant after this morning when the football world would doubtless go up in flames once the story of his sacking broke?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

de Boer sacked on 12:25 - Sep 11 with 5298 viewshomer_123

de Boer sacked on 11:41 - Sep 11 by chicoazul

Yes I heard that too so no great surprise.
Dutch are often bad communicators too, very blunt and plainly spoken in English (although clearly his Engish is much better than my Flemish). I'm sure some of the lads there used to working under Pardew and Allardycio wont have appreciated that.

You don't think Big Sam would have been blunt?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

de Boer sacked on 12:27 - Sep 11 with 5290 viewsTractorWood

They've lost 3 games against teams they should probably be getting something from. Yeah it's ridiculous but the money and owners in the Prem who want everything instantly means this sort of thing will happen.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

de Boer sacked on 12:33 - Sep 11 with 5260 viewsBasuco

de Boer sacked on 12:27 - Sep 11 by TractorWood

They've lost 3 games against teams they should probably be getting something from. Yeah it's ridiculous but the money and owners in the Prem who want everything instantly means this sort of thing will happen.

they have not scored a goal yet either.
de Boer sacked on 12:37 - Sep 11 with 5235 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bonkers. They played pretty well at the weekend.

Getting bored of football these days.

Twitter decides who gets sacked.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

de Boer sacked on 12:39 - Sep 11 with 5228 viewschristiand

What a joke, you can't even say the players weren't playing for him yesterday, they at least deserved a draw. So, after having a new manager being in charge for 30+ days, Crystal Palace have to recruit again! I thought the whole issue of appointing De Boer was to change the team's footballing philosophy? So, if it hasn't changed after a month rip it up and start again.......Jesus, the Premier League and some of it's Chairman are a disgrace!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

de Boer sacked on 12:39 - Sep 11 with 5217 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

de Boer sacked on 12:27 - Sep 11 by TractorWood

Big Sam took 6 games to get a win at CP.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024