Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick's replacement 22:15 - Oct 24 with 7973 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Whether it be during the course of this season or at the end of the season, i really hope it's an unknown quantity such as a foreign manager (that Dutch bloke that was rumoured for example) or an upcoming manager from the lower league like Gareth Ainsworth at Wycombe.

The club needs a lift and this would do that. If, as I fear, it's someone like Kenny Jackett, we may as well all give up now.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If the owner keeps spunking..... on 22:19 - Oct 24 with 6276 viewsBloots

....the £12.37 annual budget on over paying the crap players we currently have, we may as well give up.

Whoever the manager is.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Mick's replacement on 22:20 - Oct 24 with 6268 viewsbluesym

Dont Worry, Evans has a whatsapp group setup with Harry Redknapp,Paul Jewell and Ian Milne in it,to advise on the next manager.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Mick's replacement on 22:23 - Oct 24 with 6236 viewsKieran_Knows

Nathan Jones from Luton would be who I’d like to see here, but I expect Nigel Pearson after he has a tough time out in Belgium’s second tier.

Pearson_Knows.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If the owner keeps spunking..... on 22:24 - Oct 24 with 6235 viewshampstead_blue

If the owner keeps spunking..... on 22:19 - Oct 24 by Bloots

....the £12.37 annual budget on over paying the crap players we currently have, we may as well give up.

Whoever the manager is.

When MM and TC leave that will free up well over £1m in salary.

MM is on big money. The biggest wage at the club.

I think if we got a young gun, Phil Neville, Giggs, or an experienced head, Martin Jol, we would have the budget to do something.

I also think that ME would have to back the new boss.

MM won't be here next year. This is his last chance. He signed some very, very good players, but we need to get Huws fit so we can rid us of Skuse, and then we can push on.

With a fully fit squad I do think we can get top 10, with a new manager, anything can happen!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Mick's replacement on 22:26 - Oct 24 with 6220 viewsSomethingBlue

I've been banging the Graham Potter drum for 48 hours and don't intend to stop any time soon.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

No it can't..... on 22:27 - Oct 24 with 6204 viewsBloots

If the owner keeps spunking..... on 22:24 - Oct 24 by hampstead_blue

When MM and TC leave that will free up well over £1m in salary.

MM is on big money. The biggest wage at the club.

I think if we got a young gun, Phil Neville, Giggs, or an experienced head, Martin Jol, we would have the budget to do something.

I also think that ME would have to back the new boss.

MM won't be here next year. This is his last chance. He signed some very, very good players, but we need to get Huws fit so we can rid us of Skuse, and then we can push on.

With a fully fit squad I do think we can get top 10, with a new manager, anything can happen!

....our players are crap.

Guardiola couldn't turn Kenlock into a defender.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Mick's replacement on 22:27 - Oct 24 with 6198 viewsKieran_Knows

Mick's replacement on 22:26 - Oct 24 by SomethingBlue

I've been banging the Graham Potter drum for 48 hours and don't intend to stop any time soon.

I’m glad your banging it because Evans and Milne won’t have a clue who he is.

Whilst I know who you’re on about, would he really want to leave a club that’ll more than likely qualify for Europe again next season for a second rate side like us?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 22:28]

Mick's replacement on 22:28 - Oct 24 with 6196 viewsEdmundo

Mick's replacement on 22:20 - Oct 24 by bluesym

Dont Worry, Evans has a whatsapp group setup with Harry Redknapp,Paul Jewell and Ian Milne in it,to advise on the next manager.

I've always been a fan of a young English manager or someone with the Ipswich passion. Paul Tisdale, the Lincoln City brothers, or someone from this tree: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/how-sir-bobby- (obviously some are undesirable or put of our league).

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Login to get fewer ads

Mick's replacement on 22:28 - Oct 24 with 6187 viewsKieran_Knows

Mick's replacement on 22:20 - Oct 24 by bluesym

Mick will probably form part of that group if/when he leaves.

Mick's replacement on 22:30 - Oct 24 with 6176 viewsstrikalite

He's clueless about football, he'd be better off letting the supporters choose this time..
Mick's replacement on 22:35 - Oct 24 with 6136 viewsStNeotsBlue

Mick's replacement on 22:26 - Oct 24 by SomethingBlue

Had to google him as I'd never heard of him, sounds decent, although he's younger than me and I'm still struggling with the concept of being older than the players.

I'd like Paul Tisdale purely because his right hand man is my mates brother so would be interesting.
Mick's replacement on 22:36 - Oct 24 with 6138 viewsSomethingBlue

Mick's replacement on 22:27 - Oct 24 by Kieran_Knows

I’m glad your banging it because Evans and Milne won’t have a clue who he is.

Whilst I know who you’re on about, would he really want to leave a club that’ll more than likely qualify for Europe again next season for a second rate side like us?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 22:28]

Think he'll come back over here before too long and PL club unlikely to take a punt as things stand — but whether we have the kind of vision for someone like that to buy into is, as you say, depressingly debatable.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If the owner keeps spunking..... on 22:49 - Oct 24 with 6091 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If the owner keeps spunking..... on 22:19 - Oct 24 by Bloots

Whoever the manager is.

Well of course

Everyone knows my dislike for the Evans regime.

I don't blame him for not being able to afford modern football. I do blame him for choosing to put the fans through the tripe by putting no effort into getting promotion. If he isn't going to invest an amount to give us a chance, he should sell.

Mick's replacement on 23:03 - Oct 24 with 6039 viewsCurrie10

Give me Daryl Clark of Bristol Rovers any day.

Plays such open expansive footy, multiple promotions and has utterly transformed the gas.

He even turned down a move to Leeds.
If the owner keeps spunking..... on 23:08 - Oct 24 with 6030 viewspointofblue

If the owner keeps spunking..... on 22:49 - Oct 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Well of course

Everyone knows my dislike for the Evans regime.

I don't blame him for not being able to afford modern football. I do blame him for choosing to put the fans through the tripe by putting no effort into getting promotion. If he isn't going to invest an amount to give us a chance, he should sell.

Who'd buy us? I guess if Evans writes off the debt and puts the club up for free there will be interested parties but why would he do that?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If the owner keeps spunking..... on 23:22 - Oct 24 with 5998 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If the owner keeps spunking..... on 23:08 - Oct 24 by pointofblue

Who'd buy us? I guess if Evans writes off the debt and puts the club up for free there will be interested parties but why would he do that?

Cutting his losses.

He loses money every year so it would save him money at least

Mick's replacement on 04:12 - Oct 25 with 5843 viewstextbackup

we may as well give up anyway.

MM is just as fcking hopeless as that other list of blokes. only difference is he had a good season here and that has completely blind many people, after the PO season we've done nothing but go downhill. that's his team, under his guidance, who he trains and coaches on a basis of 3 times a week.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick's replacement on 04:44 - Oct 25 with 5827 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mick's replacement on 04:12 - Oct 25 by textbackup

we may as well give up anyway.

MM is just as fcking hopeless as that other list of blokes. only difference is he had a good season here and that has completely blind many people, after the PO season we've done nothing but go downhill. that's his team, under his guidance, who he trains and coaches on a basis of 3 times a week.

I do agree that it's time for change (though I think to take time and sort the replacement possibly for the summer is a fair option) but I honestly don't think any manager will have us as a playoff team.

That's not the fault of the manager but the owner. He simply doesn't give enough funds to achieve in this day and age with the big spenders.

However, for the sake of some excitement and to stop the decline of season ticket holders, mick has to go at the end of the season at the latest. He has to. His football is frankly too boring too often and the fans opinion of him has gone past the point of return.

It's best for all parties that he goes in the summer. I'd hope in 5 years time, the majority would look back in his reign as a generally decent one. By that point I'd be very suprised if we aren't in league 1.

Mick's replacement on 04:50 - Oct 25 with 5822 viewstextbackup

Mick's replacement on 04:44 - Oct 25 by The_Romford_Blue

I do agree that it's time for change (though I think to take time and sort the replacement possibly for the summer is a fair option) but I honestly don't think any manager will have us as a playoff team.

That's not the fault of the manager but the owner. He simply doesn't give enough funds to achieve in this day and age with the big spenders.

However, for the sake of some excitement and to stop the decline of season ticket holders, mick has to go at the end of the season at the latest. He has to. His football is frankly too boring too often and the fans opinion of him has gone past the point of return.

It's best for all parties that he goes in the summer. I'd hope in 5 years time, the majority would look back in his reign as a generally decent one. By that point I'd be very suprised if we aren't in league 1.

Romford, Marcus evans doesn't coach the players, he doesn't pick the team or tactics. yes we can blame him for us not having multiple million pound signings, but a smarter fresher young manager will have the players we do have (some good players there) actually developing and working towards something.

evans isn't blameless, but you probably need to accept its a joint effort of them both here.

i don't want to see MM here until the summer, this happened last season, and it done fck all for us. the only thing that did happen was he managed to claw us away from the bottom 3, where he got us heading in the first place.

the 2 of them have us in a fcking state. and chuck TC in there too

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick's replacement on 04:56 - Oct 25 with 5818 viewsBenters

Mick's replacement on 04:44 - Oct 25 by The_Romford_Blue

A win on Saturday will you BELIEVE again?

I think Mick Mac should go as soon as possible,that way we will have a new manager all setled in ready for the push next season.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Mick's replacement on 05:28 - Oct 25 with 5792 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mick's replacement on 04:50 - Oct 25 by textbackup

Romford, Marcus evans doesn't coach the players, he doesn't pick the team or tactics. yes we can blame him for us not having multiple million pound signings, but a smarter fresher young manager will have the players we do have (some good players there) actually developing and working towards something.

evans isn't blameless, but you probably need to accept its a joint effort of them both here.

i don't want to see MM here until the summer, this happened last season, and it done fck all for us. the only thing that did happen was he managed to claw us away from the bottom 3, where he got us heading in the first place.

the 2 of them have us in a fcking state. and chuck TC in there too

He might not coach the players but he doesn't give a manager backing.

Whatever way you want to spin it, Mick's signings over the summer for absolute peanuts have done well. He was given 2m or so for transfers and we were creaming our pants. That's how low expectations have sunk. We are fortunate that mick managed to get Huws, Waggy and garner in on the cheap.

For me, no manager will be able to get us into the top 6 on this budget. In which case, as that is the target for every club (obviously), the owner is the main problem.

Mick has his faults. But so will the new manager. And the manger after that. And the one after that. None of them will get us promoted or even challenging until Evans decides to sell or properly invest.

That's my take on it anyway

Mick's replacement on 05:30 - Oct 25 with 5790 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mick's replacement on 04:56 - Oct 25 by Benters

A win on Saturday will you BELIEVE again?

I think Mick Mac should go as soon as possible,that way we will have a new manager all setled in ready for the push next season.

The whole BELIEVE thing became a bit of a catchphrase after a win at the start of last season. The fact it wound taxi and you up for some bizarre reason meant I just carried it on.

I've said for two years, we won't go down under mick but we will never go up under Evans.

Even when we were joint Top after 5 games, I still maintained my prediction of 9th to 12th.

Evans Out.

Mick's replacement on 05:55 - Oct 25 with 5777 viewsBenters

Mick's replacement on 05:30 - Oct 25 by The_Romford_Blue

The whole BELIEVE thing became a bit of a catchphrase after a win at the start of last season. The fact it wound taxi and you up for some bizarre reason meant I just carried it on.

I've said for two years, we won't go down under mick but we will never go up under Evans.

Even when we were joint Top after 5 games, I still maintained my prediction of 9th to 12th.

Evans Out.

*swerve alert*

Do you mean like *scenes absolute scenes*

How do you know we will never go up or down?

[Post edited 25 Oct 2017 5:56]

Gentlybentley

Mick's replacement on 06:13 - Oct 25 with 5755 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mick's replacement on 05:55 - Oct 25 by Benters

*swerve alert*

Do you mean like *scenes absolute scenes*

How do you know we will never go up or down?

[Post edited 25 Oct 2017 5:56]

Hold up a second..

Because I don't think we will ever get promoted under Evans, I can't celebrate goals at games I go to?

Mach said to me at Barnsley this season that it was scenes this year. That was the 3rd game of the season. We thought agreed that we would be nowhere near promotion at the time but that doesn't change the fact we celebrated like mad when we scored.

We will go down when mick goes. I reckon he will be gone in the summer and we will go down in the 2019/2020 season. I fully expect in 5 seasons time to be watching us in League 1. We will never go up under Evans. He doesn't want to invest properly and is refusing to sell.. thus we are gradually becoming less and less likely to threaten the top teams who keep spending every season.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2017 6:13]

Mick's replacement on 06:22 - Oct 25 with 5733 viewsBenters

Mick's replacement on 06:13 - Oct 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Hold up a second..

Because I don't think we will ever get promoted under Evans, I can't celebrate goals at games I go to?

Mach said to me at Barnsley this season that it was scenes this year. That was the 3rd game of the season. We thought agreed that we would be nowhere near promotion at the time but that doesn't change the fact we celebrated like mad when we scored.

We will go down when mick goes. I reckon he will be gone in the summer and we will go down in the 2019/2020 season. I fully expect in 5 seasons time to be watching us in League 1. We will never go up under Evans. He doesn't want to invest properly and is refusing to sell.. thus we are gradually becoming less and less likely to threaten the top teams who keep spending every season.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2017 6:13]

Mach is a good old boy i saw him at the station on Sunday.

Again you dont know we will go down if and when Mick Mac goes,and that is the problem with a lot of the happy clappers they do fear change.

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024