Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
By 'not losing' you plan to fail. 10:02 - Mar 19 with 2642 viewshampstead_blue

The problem is that MM's tactics balance everything on a knife edge.

Because we are set up 'not to lose' if we go a goal down then we are finished. You can't just change 5 years of tactical conditioning and start banging in the goals.

If we go on a winning run it's because the small things go our way. The same for a losing run.

This is the reason we don't draw many games. We either hang-on for a scrappy win or lose because we can't get that equaliser. Two of the draws we've had are because we've lost a last minute equaliser, not because we've scored one.

MM is good at what he does but the club has to accept that 'not losing' is a tactic destined to keep us mid-table.

When you are struggling, MM's tactics are great but they have a limit and we are one season past that.

After talking to Ian Milne on Saturday I think that ME is over it too.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 10:40 - Mar 19 with 2586 viewspeterleeblue

Surely the best managers are able to vary their tactics. MM's tactics should be deployed for away games against top 6 or so perhaps. The ability then to have a variety of players at your disposal to assist in varying the tactics is the key and I think that tells you more about 1. ITFC's competitiveness in the marketplace and / or 2 This seasons injury list.
By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 11:43 - Mar 19 with 2559 viewsIllinoisblue

Assume not even Milne was foolish enough to give away any strong hints as to what’s going to happen re Mick?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 11:49 - Mar 19 with 2548 viewsBobbychase

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 11:43 - Mar 19 by Illinoisblue

Assume not even Milne was foolish enough to give away any strong hints as to what’s going to happen re Mick?

Actually he did. If I could get decent odds on Mick leaving I'd be down the bookies right now.

It's over. He's off.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 11:50 - Mar 19 with 2549 viewshampstead_blue

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 11:43 - Mar 19 by Illinoisblue

Correct. He had sunk a few so was slightly more relaxed than normal.

His focus was on the style of football, culture of manager, getting the 'right person'.

He kept emphasising that. I mentioned that whilst MM is a very good coach, his personal style lacks finesse. He agreed and was happy to go back to talking about 'fit'.

I got a sense he had something to say. I've met him a fair few times as I was on the fans forum for a few years. He regularly attended and spoke more freely there as Chatham House rules apply.

I'm not claiming ;def info', but more passing on a thought and interpretation.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 12:10 - Mar 19 with 2521 viewsLord_Lucan

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 11:50 - Mar 19 by hampstead_blue

His focus was on the style of football, culture of manager, getting the 'right person'.

He kept emphasising that. I mentioned that whilst MM is a very good coach, his personal style lacks finesse. He agreed and was happy to go back to talking about 'fit'.

I got a sense he had something to say. I've met him a fair few times as I was on the fans forum for a few years. He regularly attended and spoke more freely there as Chatham House rules apply.

There is also no love lost between Milne and Mick Mack - although I believe more on Mick Macks part.

The above is only 95% definite info.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 12:33 - Mar 19 with 2502 viewsFixed_It

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 12:10 - Mar 19 by Lord_Lucan

There is also no love lost between Milne and Mick Mack - although I believe more on Mick Macks part.

Are you suggesting that Milne is not seen as being 'a proper bloke'?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 12:37 - Mar 19 with 2478 viewsIllinoisblue

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 11:49 - Mar 19 by Bobbychase

Actually he did. If I could get decent odds on Mick leaving I'd be down the bookies right now.

It's over. He's off.

Change is gonna come

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 12:43 - Mar 19 with 2463 viewsPinewoodblue

The points lost, from winning positions, are the difference between 12th and a chance of the play offs.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 12:50 - Mar 19 with 2450 viewsSwansea_Blue

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 12:33 - Mar 19 by Fixed_It

Are you suggesting that Milne is not seen as being 'a proper bloke'?

He's not one of these he/she people is he? You can't tell from his picture, but maybe he's pre-op.

You learn all sorts on here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 14:29 - Mar 19 with 2395 viewsNo9

The game of football was designed to be won
By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 14:33 - Mar 19 with 2386 viewsitfcjoe

You can't defend your way out of this division - in the year we came 6th both McGoldrick and Murphy were 2 of the leading shot takers per game. We simply don't create chances now, and players are shot shy

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 14:51 - Mar 19 with 2345 viewsITFC_Forever

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 12:10 - Mar 19 by Lord_Lucan

So what's going to happen to Milne after his "as long I am here, Mick will be manager" (or words to that effect) a little while ago?

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 15:08 - Mar 19 with 2321 viewshampstead_blue

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 12:37 - Mar 19 by Illinoisblue

Change is gonna come

I think ME is waiting for me to finish my APMG Change Management course.

Maybe I could pitch for a short consultancy during the change of coaching staff. I could help MM and TC out of the door.

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 17:03 - Mar 19 with 2266 viewsKeaneish

By 'not losing' you plan to fail. on 11:50 - Mar 19 by hampstead_blue

Is MM a good coach though? When i look at the players purchased over the years and the youth in the side, how many of those players have flourished under him and gone on to better things?

Tyrone Mings. A lot more have gone backwards rather than forwards.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024