Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight 20:07 - Apr 12 with 4283 viewsSuperfrans

If Mowbray is the man we’re targeting, he is unlikely to talk about any more details until Blackburn's season is concluded, I'm sure - certainly not until they are promoted.

They're currently 5 points and massive goal difference ahead of Shrewsbury, who are away at Bradford tonight. If the Shrews lose, Blackburn will be just 3 wins away from promotion - and have 3 games in the next 12 days. Basically, they could be promoted by the 24th (or sooner, if Blackburn continue winning and the Shrews drop points).

All "ifs" and "buts", but it might be possible to talk to Mogga before the end of this month - with appointment following early in May.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:21 - Apr 12 with 4205 viewsJ2BLUE

What if they go up? Why would he leave them for us? The Town job isn't a bigger job right now with a total lack of backing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:23 - Apr 12 with 4184 viewsSpruceMoose

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:21 - Apr 12 by J2BLUE

What if they go up? Why would he leave them for us? The Town job isn't a bigger job right now with a total lack of backing.

This. And if I'm honest, I don't want us to be somebody's back up plan for in case Blackburn don't go up.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:26 - Apr 12 with 4175 viewsJ2BLUE

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:23 - Apr 12 by SpruceMoose

This. And if I'm honest, I don't want us to be somebody's back up plan for in case Blackburn don't go up.

I can see them going up, Town chasing Mowbray for a few weeks while refusing to pay his compensation before giving up and appointing Kuqi or Wartburton. I know the compensation isn't going to be a massive amount but I can see Evans just paying it without long negotiations and eventual failure.

Truly impaired.

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:28 - Apr 12 with 4159 viewsSpruceMoose

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:26 - Apr 12 by J2BLUE

I can see them going up, Town chasing Mowbray for a few weeks while refusing to pay his compensation before giving up and appointing Kuqi or Wartburton. I know the compensation isn't going to be a massive amount but I can see Evans just paying it without long negotiations and eventual failure.

If Blackburn do go up, like you, I'm wondering why Mowbray would leave them for us.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:36 - Apr 12 with 4115 viewsSuperfrans

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:21 - Apr 12 by J2BLUE

Personally, I can’t see why we are waiting until after the season has ended to get someone unless it’s Mowbray. And I can’t see why we would wait unless we had a fairly good idea that he, a, would come even if they are promoted, b, know what compo we’d have to pay and what package he would expect.

Given the number of other managers who are available and likely to appeal to Evans (Mclaren, Warburton etc) I just can’t believe we’d wait for a Hurst, Jones or similar.

I’m convinced we want Mowbray, know he wants to come and that we can afford him, and are just waiting to do the deal.

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:40 - Apr 12 with 4092 viewsSpruceMoose

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:36 - Apr 12 by Superfrans

Personally, I can’t see why we are waiting until after the season has ended to get someone unless it’s Mowbray. And I can’t see why we would wait unless we had a fairly good idea that he, a, would come even if they are promoted, b, know what compo we’d have to pay and what package he would expect.

Given the number of other managers who are available and likely to appeal to Evans (Mclaren, Warburton etc) I just can’t believe we’d wait for a Hurst, Jones or similar.

I’m convinced we want Mowbray, know he wants to come and that we can afford him, and are just waiting to do the deal.

Makes sense when you lay it out like that.

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:44 - Apr 12 with 4072 viewsJ2BLUE

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:36 - Apr 12 by Superfrans

Good points.

Hopefully TM will use the promotion as leverage to try and get a decent war chest. Can't see it though. If Evans wouldn't back MM he's unlikely to back anyone else.

Truly impaired.

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:46 - Apr 12 with 4062 viewsSpruceMoose

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:44 - Apr 12 by J2BLUE

Good points.

Hopefully TM will use the promotion as leverage to try and get a decent war chest. Can't see it though. If Evans wouldn't back MM he's unlikely to back anyone else.

Can't help but wonder whether people would be so enthusiastic about Mogga if he wasn't one of ours though.

Login to get fewer ads

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:53 - Apr 12 with 4014 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If they go up, why would he join us over them?

They will almost definitely have a bigger budget than us next year so he may as well stay there

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:58 - Apr 12 with 3974 viewsBobby_Petta

I Will be watching to see how the Shrews play. Hurst would be my first choice
If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 21:04 - Apr 12 with 3947 viewsjudespiveyg

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:53 - Apr 12 by The_Romford_Blue

They will almost definitely have a bigger budget than us next year so he may as well stay there

He might be tempted by wages. Mick was on a million a year wasn't he? I can't see the Venkys paying Mowbray that much.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 21:14 - Apr 12 with 3881 viewsSuperfrans

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:53 - Apr 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Family from Suffolk, has said he wants to come back, this maybe the last chance for him to do so, chance to build a long term project, Venkys at Blackburn, worked with Klug, Hogg and Nash - and I reckon our strategy fits in with waiting for him. Why else would we wait until May if not for a perfect candidate?

It’s Mogga.

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 21:21 - Apr 12 with 3835 viewshomer_123

He's turned us down twice before....why now?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 21:40 - Apr 12 with 3767 viewsSuperfrans

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 21:21 - Apr 12 by homer_123

Last chance?

Why else are we waiting if not for him?
Do we really think Evans is waiting for Clarke, Jones, Hurst? I just don’t buy it.
He’s the only one worth waiting for who Evans is likely to favour.

Of course, it’s just a hunch. And a bit of wishful thinking, maybe. But I reckon it’s on.

;-)

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 22:30 - Apr 12 with 3614 viewsITFC_Forever

A certain individual at the club told me he’s 100% certain Mogga would come here as well.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 22:35 - Apr 12 with 3601 viewsArnieM

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:28 - Apr 12 by SpruceMoose

If Blackburn do go up, like you, I'm wondering why Mowbray would leave them for us.

It’s worth remembering that Mrs Mowbray is actually an Ipswich girl ! It might have a sway on where the Mowbray family end up.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 22:37 - Apr 12 with 3582 viewsBiGDonnie

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 21:14 - Apr 12 by Superfrans

Family from Suffolk, has said he wants to come back, this maybe the last chance for him to do so, chance to build a long term project, Venkys at Blackburn, worked with Klug, Hogg and Nash - and I reckon our strategy fits in with waiting for him. Why else would we wait until May if not for a perfect candidate?

It’s Mogga.

You’ve convinced me it’s him. Well happy with it.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 22:42 - Apr 12 with 3573 viewsArnieM

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 22:30 - Apr 12 by ITFC_Forever

A certain individual at the club told me he’s 100% certain Mogga would come here as well.

I can confirm that Town have indeed been testing the water regarding Mogga for some time. This came from his father-in-law, who I spoke to face to face about 2months ago.

The problem could be re settling the children int9 schools at a point in their schooling when it’s not good to move them, and also the lack of fund8ng support from Evans....( his words not mine)!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 23:41 - Apr 12 with 3435 viewsBlueyandCrazy

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 21:21 - Apr 12 by homer_123

I believe the 2 times before were when he was at Celtic and Boro.
Completely different to Blackburn;
- bigger jobs
- more sane owners than Venkys
- also Moggas former clubs

Think the managers chair has his name on it if he wants it..

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 23:47 - Apr 12 with 3412 viewsElderGrizzly

Blackburn are an absolute mess ownership wise though and will back even less than Evans.

I’d assume he’ll jump to get away from the Venkys
If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 08:00 - Apr 13 with 3187 viewsSteve_M

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 20:46 - Apr 12 by SpruceMoose

Can't help but wonder whether people would be so enthusiastic about Mogga if he wasn't one of ours though.

I think that factor is quite important in it's own right at the moment, not the essential requirement for a new manager but certainly a nice to have.

I think Mowbray's approach to playing football is the predominant factor though, the record may be a bit mixed but Hibs and West Brom were very good. There needs to be a contrast with Mick's approach.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If you want Mowbray, it’s worth keeping an eye on Bradford vs Shrews tonight on 08:23 - Apr 13 with 3139 viewsKieran_Knows

On one occasion it was because Keane was still in charge (although at the end of his time here), and Mowbray wouldn't speak to Evans until Keane was completely gone. I'd say that's fair really, and hardly turning us down.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024