Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other than Coventry.. 08:45 - Apr 17 with 13623 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

..is there a fan base In the top four divisions that have had less to celebdate/shout about over the last fifteen years than us?

We haven’t even had a one off season of success. Painful.

Edit - We’ve since established that Coventry actually won the FL Trophy at Wembley last year so their fans at least had that.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 8:54]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Other than Coventry.. on 08:47 - Apr 17 with 6259 viewsCurrie10

Forest ?
Other than Coventry.. on 08:48 - Apr 17 with 6258 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I was going to say Oldham but looking at their record they’ve had a couple of EFL Trophy finals to shout about

Their league record makes painful reading though

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Oldham_Athletic_A.F.C._seasons

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Other than Coventry.. on 08:48 - Apr 17 with 6251 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Actually, even Coventry won that Football League Trophy last year at Wembley didn’t they?

Of all the bloody teams I could’ve chosen (prettt much at random), Sod’s law I’d chose Town.

That is all.

Other than Coventry.. on 08:49 - Apr 17 with 6250 viewsBent_double

I seem to remember when this came up a while ago that there were a couple of L1/L2 clubs who had spent 20 years in the same league - can't remember which ones though, or whether they've had other success, such as winning a cup game or even a derby game.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Other than Coventry.. on 08:50 - Apr 17 with 6240 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Other than Coventry.. on 08:47 - Apr 17 by Currie10

Forest ?

Didn’t they drop to League 1 for a while? So they would’ve at least had the season of promotion.

Other than Coventry.. on 08:51 - Apr 17 with 6229 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Other than Coventry.. on 08:47 - Apr 17 by Currie10

Forest ?

Promoted in 07/08 and finished 3rd a few years later. Would definitely be in the running for the last 10 years though

Other than Coventry.. on 08:51 - Apr 17 with 6229 viewstractordownsouth

Probably not, although Portsmouth would probably have been the answer 12 months ago.

Edit: Actually it could be Tranmere, though no longer in the 92. They spent about 15 years in league one, were top of the league in February a few years back, then got two consecutive relegations and are still in the Conference.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Other than Coventry.. on 08:52 - Apr 17 with 6222 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Other than Coventry.. on 08:49 - Apr 17 by Bent_double

I seem to remember when this came up a while ago that there were a couple of L1/L2 clubs who had spent 20 years in the same league - can't remember which ones though, or whether they've had other success, such as winning a cup game or even a derby game.

We can’t even win a cup game or beat the sister shaggers!

Login to get fewer ads

Other than Coventry.. on 08:53 - Apr 17 with 6208 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Other than Coventry.. on 08:51 - Apr 17 by tractordownsouth

Probably not, although Portsmouth would probably have been the answer 12 months ago.

Edit: Actually it could be Tranmere, though no longer in the 92. They spent about 15 years in league one, were top of the league in February a few years back, then got two consecutive relegations and are still in the Conference.

Didn’t they win the FA Cup a few years back?

I vaguely remember a picture of Kanu and Harry Rednapp with the cup and qualifying for the UEFA cup thereafter.

Other than Coventry.. on 08:54 - Apr 17 with 6205 viewsTendring_Blue

Coventry proves we are actually half decent.

8 thousand odd watch them at the Ricoh now, it looks really empty. I often go when we are not playing at home and I can tell you, I still prefer our stagnation to watching a League 2 play off push. You wouldn't know Coventry had a football club anymore and yet when the Wasps play of Saturday the egg chasers are all over the city.

Very sad, would have loved to have lived in COV when they were at Highfield road, just a 15 min walk away.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 8:56]
Other than Coventry.. on 08:54 - Apr 17 with 6204 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Think that should read 10 years.
First 5 years in Championship were ok - 2 play-off semis, and Jim's passing football plus hope raised from takeover.

Its the 10 years since, and yes Coventry and Oldham come to mind as do Forest - although like Leeds they've at least had a promotion from League 1?

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Other than Coventry.. on 08:54 - Apr 17 with 6200 viewstractordownsouth

Other than Coventry.. on 08:53 - Apr 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Didn’t they win the FA Cup a few years back?

I vaguely remember a picture of Kanu and Harry Rednapp with the cup and qualifying for the UEFA cup thereafter.

Oh sugar forgot about that... Yeah it's us.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Other than Coventry.. on 08:55 - Apr 17 with 6193 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Other than Coventry.. on 08:51 - Apr 17 by tractordownsouth

Think Rommys question is more along the lines of teams that have literally had no excitement, rather than had turmoil

Portsmouth have spent some of that time in the PL, won the FA Cup and faced the likes of AC Milan in Europe - whether that combined with their freefall is preferable to nothingness is perhaps a different question!

Other than Coventry.. on 08:56 - Apr 17 with 6188 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Other than Coventry.. on 08:54 - Apr 17 by BlueyandCrazy

Think that should read 10 years.
First 5 years in Championship were ok - 2 play-off semis, and Jim's passing football plus hope raised from takeover.

Its the 10 years since, and yes Coventry and Oldham come to mind as do Forest - although like Leeds they've at least had a promotion from League 1?

I chose 15 because that was when I first started supporting Town.

Even I feel sorry for the lack of success I’ve seen.

Other than Coventry.. on 08:56 - Apr 17 with 6187 viewsBluefish

This will be another of those great threads where Ipswich fans claim getting relegated and promoted back is better than not getting relegated. I've never seen us relegated from this league but I've seen us relegated from the prem twice and it was horrible. I would imagine relegation from here would be worse because it is less expected.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Other than Coventry.. on 08:57 - Apr 17 with 6175 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Other than Coventry.. on 08:56 - Apr 17 by Bluefish

This will be another of those great threads where Ipswich fans claim getting relegated and promoted back is better than not getting relegated. I've never seen us relegated from this league but I've seen us relegated from the prem twice and it was horrible. I would imagine relegation from here would be worse because it is less expected.

I’m not saying it would be better.

But it least it would be something to enjoy for a year.

I’m bored of the same grounds every season. Every bloody year we have to want that t**t with the maracas take the piss at QPR away.

Other than Coventry.. on 08:59 - Apr 17 with 6155 viewsBent_double

Rochdale seem to be top of the 'suffering fans' league, this is from 4 years ago:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rochdale/10765344/Who-are-the-l

Wonder where we would be in that list?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Other than Coventry.. on 08:59 - Apr 17 with 6151 viewstextbackup

we cant even claim the PO season was all that, because at the end of the day our best season in 12/4 was killed by our local rivals.
that's the Ipswich we follow

things will change from here on tho, got a good feeling

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Other than Coventry.. on 09:00 - Apr 17 with 6145 viewsTendring_Blue

Other than Coventry.. on 08:56 - Apr 17 by The_Romford_Blue

I chose 15 because that was when I first started supporting Town.

Even I feel sorry for the lack of success I’ve seen.

I like you have seen relatively little success but I don't care, I just enjoy going to games and supporting my team with good mates.

Its a good thing to do, following a football team. When we win something it will be big celebrations.
Other than Coventry.. on 09:01 - Apr 17 with 6130 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Other than Coventry.. on 08:55 - Apr 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Think Rommys question is more along the lines of teams that have literally had no excitement, rather than had turmoil

Portsmouth have spent some of that time in the PL, won the FA Cup and faced the likes of AC Milan in Europe - whether that combined with their freefall is preferable to nothingness is perhaps a different question!

Exactly - excitement/fun/a year of celebration

Anything at this point for next season I will take.

Instead I expect the next time we will have that will be in a few years when we are promoted back into the chanpionship. Eventually. After we go down in the next three years.

Other than Coventry.. on 09:02 - Apr 17 with 6123 viewstextbackup

Other than Coventry.. on 09:01 - Apr 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Exactly - excitement/fun/a year of celebration

Anything at this point for next season I will take.

Instead I expect the next time we will have that will be in a few years when we are promoted back into the chanpionship. Eventually. After we go down in the next three years.

you said 2 before!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Other than Coventry.. on 09:04 - Apr 17 with 6106 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Other than Coventry.. on 09:02 - Apr 17 by textbackup

you said 2 before!

My dad claims that’s b**lsh1t.

Apparently the kit my uncle got my was for in fact my 4th birthday. After my fascination with tractors in the months before that.

Other than Coventry.. on 09:15 - Apr 17 with 6033 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So would you rather get relegated so that we can participate in the FL Trophy?

Or get promoted from League 1?

It has been a pretty dull 16 years, but far more successful than many other clubs.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Other than Coventry.. on 09:19 - Apr 17 with 6003 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Other than Coventry.. on 09:15 - Apr 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

So would you rather get relegated so that we can participate in the FL Trophy?

Or get promoted from League 1?

It has been a pretty dull 16 years, but far more successful than many other clubs.

I’m not saying that doing that is better than sitting in this league as a generally mid table bang average team. But just that we’ve had literally nothing to shout about in 15 years. At least Pompey, Leeds, forest, Coventry, etc have had one year to celebrate in that time where most sets of fans can be envious of the fun that the set of fans are having.

I can’t be the only one who’s been jealous of the season the wolves fans have had this year. Last minute winners at Bristol City, the Cardiff double penalty scenes, beating Brum Home and away, etc. I just want one year. As soon as we get promoted, we can be relegated within a year. That’ll do me. Just one year. Is that too much to ask?

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:22 - Apr 17 with 5990 viewshatch

Other than Coventry.. on 08:54 - Apr 17 by Tendring_Blue

Coventry proves we are actually half decent.

8 thousand odd watch them at the Ricoh now, it looks really empty. I often go when we are not playing at home and I can tell you, I still prefer our stagnation to watching a League 2 play off push. You wouldn't know Coventry had a football club anymore and yet when the Wasps play of Saturday the egg chasers are all over the city.

Very sad, would have loved to have lived in COV when they were at Highfield road, just a 15 min walk away.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 8:56]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024