Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday 10:20 - Apr 30 with 4649 viewsSmithy

EIGHTEEN!!

Gerken - Injured
Iorfa - Injured
Chambers - Injured
Bishop - Injured
Skuse - Ill
McGoldrick - Injured
Garner - Injured
Adeyemi - Injured
Rowe - Loaned Out (Injured)
Ward - Suspended
Hyam - Injured
Downes - Loaned Out
Dozzell - Injured
Carter-Vickers - Injured
Emmanuel - Loaned Out
Patterson - Loaned Out
Smith - Injured
Huws - Injured
[Post edited 30 Apr 2018 10:36]

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

18 Players not available for selection on Saturday on 10:23 - Apr 30 with 4600 viewsCurrie10

Hyam in injury shock.

PLEASE release.
18 Players not available for selection on Saturday on 10:33 - Apr 30 with 4539 viewshomer_123

Story of the season (well at least extremely large parts of it).

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

18 Players not available for selection on Saturday on 10:33 - Apr 30 with 4538 viewsNewcyBlue

There’s even more unavailable for Saturday mate.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday on 10:51 - Apr 30 with 4446 viewsPendejo

Yet the team fielded were a credible unit, at least for the opposition faced. Other than the loan player [Connolly] who would you drop and who would you play out of that 18? For me, if all are fit I'd have Huws in [assuming Connolly is no longer with us]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday on 13:28 - Apr 30 with 4190 viewsDeano69

Anywhere that listed the expected return date on these? I seem to recall a suggestion there was the slimmest of possibilities that Dozzell would just about be there at the end on this season??

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday on 13:47 - Apr 30 with 4136 viewsDarth_Koont

18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday on 13:28 - Apr 30 by Deano69

Anywhere that listed the expected return date on these? I seem to recall a suggestion there was the slimmest of possibilities that Dozzell would just about be there at the end on this season??

I'm sure some could have been patched up or pushed to be fit if it was the middle of the season. But the games have been largely meaningless for 5 or 6 weeks already and they won't even get up to match fitness anyway.

Give them a long break and a longer ramp-up to pre-season and they'll hopefully be raring to go in July/August.

Pronouns: He/Him

18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday on 13:49 - Apr 30 with 4119 viewsDeano69

18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday on 13:47 - Apr 30 by Darth_Koont

I'm sure some could have been patched up or pushed to be fit if it was the middle of the season. But the games have been largely meaningless for 5 or 6 weeks already and they won't even get up to match fitness anyway.

Give them a long break and a longer ramp-up to pre-season and they'll hopefully be raring to go in July/August.

it will certainly seem like a bunch of new signings...

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday on 14:00 - Apr 30 with 4085 viewsSuperfrans

18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday on 10:51 - Apr 30 by Pendejo

Yet the team fielded were a credible unit, at least for the opposition faced. Other than the loan player [Connolly] who would you drop and who would you play out of that 18? For me, if all are fit I'd have Huws in [assuming Connolly is no longer with us]

If fit, I reckon we'll see Skuse back in there this Sunday. Klug will want the strongest possible team vs Middlesbrough, who will be tough, as tough as Villa.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday on 14:00 - Apr 30 with 4084 viewsDarth_Koont

18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday on 13:49 - Apr 30 by Deano69

it will certainly seem like a bunch of new signings...

Mick never made much out of the injuries (perhaps out of loyalty to the players who came in and worked their @rses off) but those central midfield injuries severely handicapped us right from the start.

Our midfield could be unrecognisable and a good 10-15 yards further up the pitch just through who will be available. Exciting times!

Pronouns: He/Him

18 Players not available for selection on Saturday on 14:32 - Apr 30 with 4013 viewsBluebell

18 Players not available for selection on Saturday on 10:33 - Apr 30 by NewcyBlue

There’s even more unavailable for Saturday mate.

Let’s hope they are available for Sunday then.
18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday on 15:52 - Apr 30 with 3937 viewsblueislander

3 of them would definitely be in my starting line up. Huws, Dozzell and Garner. Of the rest. Gerken , Bishop and Adeyemi, Downes and Emmanuel would be in a squad that I picked. Carter-Vickers too , but I doubt he will be with us next season , similarly McGoldrick.
18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday on 15:52 - Apr 30 with 3937 views05Jchamb

It feels like every year it comes to May and we’re saying if only x y or z had stayed fit. Why do people think this is?

A) This is just the nature of the championship - happens to every team to such an extent but some have the depth to mask it more than others

B) MAnager style of play/ training

C) Poor Medical staff

D) indicative of the quality vs durability choice the club has to make on our current budget

E) just unlucky

These are just possible reasons that I thought could apply to any team in our position but don’t necessarily apply to town. FWIW I think it’s probably a combination of all except Maybe C in re town.
18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday on 15:56 - Apr 30 with 3928 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Astonishing looking at that list, thank god its the last game, they'll be turning to fans to pull on the strip if the season went on any longer.

A long rest is definitely whats best for the players. Let them recoup and fully fit for next year.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

18 Players not available for selection on Saturday on 16:33 - Apr 30 with 3876 viewsNewcyBlue

18 Players not available for selection on Saturday on 14:32 - Apr 30 by Bluebell

Let’s hope they are available for Sunday then.

That was my point. Clumsily made.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday on 18:34 - Apr 30 with 3733 viewsCanadianBlue

Injured/Unavailable XI

-----------------Gerken---------------
--------Iorfa - Chambers - Smith----
------------------Skuse------------------
----Ward-- Dozzell - Huws-- Rowe
-------McGoldrick - Garner-----------
18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday on 18:36 - Apr 30 with 3724 viewsKeno

18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday on 10:51 - Apr 30 by Pendejo

"who would you play out of that 18? For me"

I could see you at right back so I guess I'd drop Spence

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday on 19:32 - Apr 30 with 3639 viewsbritbiker

18 Players were not available for selection on Saturday on 15:52 - Apr 30 by 05Jchamb

It feels like every year it comes to May and we’re saying if only x y or z had stayed fit. Why do people think this is?

A) This is just the nature of the championship - happens to every team to such an extent but some have the depth to mask it more than others

B) MAnager style of play/ training

C) Poor Medical staff

D) indicative of the quality vs durability choice the club has to make on our current budget

E) just unlucky

These are just possible reasons that I thought could apply to any team in our position but don’t necessarily apply to town. FWIW I think it’s probably a combination of all except Maybe C in re town.

Every club has a list of long term injuries but ours of the last two years has been crippling and has been to whole sections of the field. I do think that the budget is partially to blame as we have tried to buy gems on the cheap and unfortunately it just hasn't worked.
I know mick has been slated for a lack of flair, however I did feel that he tried to redress this at the beginning of this season but injuries ruined it and he reverted to the not getting beat mentality
Maybe he didn't believe to players available were really good enough to push forward.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024