Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Self embarrassment amnesty 14:50 - May 3 with 15764 viewsartsbossbeard

What have you done that you look back upon and slap yourself on the forehead?

When I first got my PS4 I didn't read the packaging (of course), so I had no idea that the controllers were both rechargeable & wireless, I simply attached them to the USB sockets on the device.

I wrote an email to Sony UK to complain that I had to sit too close to the TV and that it was spoiling my gaming experience and received a very polite email back informing me that they should be disconnected when playing and they didn't call me stupid.

Beat that, fellow blues.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Self embarrassment amnesty on 14:52 - May 3 with 4691 viewswkj

I put hoppy on ignore without knowing it

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Self embarrassment amnesty on 14:53 - May 3 with 4681 viewsReuser_is_God

Numbskull

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Self embarrassment amnesty on 14:55 - May 3 with 4678 viewsSpruceMoose

Made a comedy creation who was even better than my real life persona. There's not a day that goes by where I don't regret StupidBigMouthHead.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Self embarrassment amnesty on 14:56 - May 3 with 4664 viewsLesta_Tractor

I moved back to the UK from Australia...

I am a fudging moron.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Self embarrassment amnesty on 14:57 - May 3 with 4659 viewsartsbossbeard

Self embarrassment amnesty on 14:56 - May 3 by Lesta_Tractor

I am a fudging moron.

We have a winner (or loser).

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:00 - May 3 with 4642 viewsBackToRussia

I am a fudging moron.

What's so good about Australia?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:01 - May 3 with 4640 viewsSpruceMoose

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:00 - May 3 by BackToRussia

Exactly. It's like a poor man's USA.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:01 - May 3 with 4635 viewsBenters2

Doing the Mick Mac and Terry song and dance.
Login to get fewer ads

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:03 - May 3 with 4626 viewsSpruceMoose

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:01 - May 3 by Benters2

Doing the Mick Mac and Terry song and dance.

That's the least of your crimes buh!

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:04 - May 3 with 4620 viewsBenters2

I am a fudging moron.

Go back then?
Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:05 - May 3 with 4632 viewsLord_Lucan

I had an awful one relatively recently.

I popped in The Bell (I don't know why because I don't know anyone in there and I don't like the pub) and I had a beer and then went to leave. As i left via the rear exit leading through the smoking area there was a largish gathering of people and I heard someone say "Goodbye". Because I am a polite person I turned round and said "Goodbye". I then noticed about a dozen people looking at me as if I were an idiot. It turns out this women was saying goodbye to someone on her phone. They all stood stoney faced, I went to my car and as I closed the doors I heard a roar of belly laughter.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:09 - May 3 with 4585 viewsartsbossbeard

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:05 - May 3 by Lord_Lucan

I popped in The Bell (I don't know why because I don't know anyone in there and I don't like the pub) and I had a beer and then went to leave. As i left via the rear exit leading through the smoking area there was a largish gathering of people and I heard someone say "Goodbye". Because I am a polite person I turned round and said "Goodbye". I then noticed about a dozen people looking at me as if I were an idiot. It turns out this women was saying goodbye to someone on her phone. They all stood stoney faced, I went to my car and as I closed the doors I heard a roar of belly laughter.

Firstly, The Bell???

Secondly, hahaha!

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:12 - May 3 with 4553 viewsBackToRussia

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:05 - May 3 by Lord_Lucan

Nice of them to wait til you got to your car though.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:13 - May 3 with 4548 viewsJ2BLUE

Self embarrassment amnesty on 14:55 - May 3 by SpruceMoose

Made a comedy creation who was even better than my real life persona. There's not a day that goes by where I don't regret StupidBigMouthHead.

Under what name did you used to post?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:15 - May 3 with 4531 viewsBenters2

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:03 - May 3 by SpruceMoose

That's the least of your crimes buh!

Saucy
Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:15 - May 3 with 4535 viewsGeoffSentence

At a colleague's retirement do years ago, hanging about with him before all the speeches and shlt, we were chatting about crap gifts and I blurted out "could be worse, could be a lawnmower" , which was what we had bought him. The stony silence from everyone around would have left him with no doubt that I had just given the game away. Still, he carried off the surprised and grateful look very graciously as it was presented to him

Sounds a bit cra p when written down, but as an 18 year old i was mortified by what I had done. Admitting it here may help me finally come to terms with it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:16 - May 3 with 4529 viewsurbanblue

I once put Colgate on a particularly intimate part of my body thinking I had picked up the Savlon.

Ferkin agony!
Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:16 - May 3 with 4531 viewsSteve_M

I did spend the night before the play-off semi final at Bramhall Lane wittering incessantly
on about the match to a young lady (I was young, drunk and excited for the football). Whilst I made it back to her's that night she didn't want to talk to me again.

A couple of things on Twitter today that are superb in this vein. This thread:

And some real-life Thick of It:

http://www.gripesofrathe.com/blog/2016/2/28/in-the-thick-of-it

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:16 - May 3 with 4517 viewsGeoffSentence

Singing to myself in class.

Still makes me cringe to this day.

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:16 - May 3 with 4516 viewsLesta_Tractor

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:00 - May 3 by BackToRussia

Personally I miss the food, excellent cycle paths, metro trains and living by the beach.

*I know that some UK cities have a decent metro system and are close to the sea.

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:17 - May 3 with 4509 viewsSpruceMoose

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:13 - May 3 by J2BLUE

Keno.

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:17 - May 3 with 4503 viewsBenters2

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:13 - May 3 by J2BLUE

Grimboy
Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:18 - May 3 with 4506 viewsSpruceMoose

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:15 - May 3 by GeoffSentence

At a colleague's retirement do years ago, hanging about with him before all the speeches and shlt, we were chatting about crap gifts and I blurted out "could be worse, could be a lawnmower" , which was what we had bought him. The stony silence from everyone around would have left him with no doubt that I had just given the game away. Still, he carried off the surprised and grateful look very graciously as it was presented to him

Sounds a bit cra p when written down, but as an 18 year old i was mortified by what I had done. Admitting it here may help me finally come to terms with it.

Benters has never forgiven you for this.

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:18 - May 3 with 4499 viewsLesta_Tractor

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:16 - May 3 by Steve_M

I did spend the night before the play-off semi final at Bramhall Lane wittering incessantly
on about the match to a young lady (I was young, drunk and excited for the football). Whilst I made it back to her's that night she didn't want to talk to me again.

A couple of things on Twitter today that are superb in this vein. This thread:

And some real-life Thick of It:

http://www.gripesofrathe.com/blog/2016/2/28/in-the-thick-of-it

And then you used 'excited for' incorrectly.

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:19 - May 3 with 4492 viewsGeoffSentence

Self embarrassment amnesty on 15:16 - May 3 by urbanblue

I once put Colgate on a particularly intimate part of my body thinking I had picked up the Savlon.

Ferkin agony!

I have made the same mistake with germaloids and crest toothpaste. I had numb gums and the mintiest fresh farts in East Anglia.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024