Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ME, what a great owner. 11:30 - Jun 7 with 3391 viewshampstead_blue

Reading his latest update as to the plans for our great club I have to say we are probably one of the luckiest clubs in the country.

How many would like to have a rational, considered owner who gives stability.

He wants to build success based on a strong and sustainable ethos and not just throwing cash around.

If that means we are in the Champ for another few years I'd take that over being Villa, Sunderland, ect

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

ME, what a great owner. on 11:31 - Jun 7 with 2806 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dont say these sensible things.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

ME, what a great owner. on 11:34 - Jun 7 with 2795 viewsCotty

So reassuring. I think the new era of openness is doing him a lot of favours. In reality I expect things like this were mostly in place already, but even if the only change is that it is being communicated to the fans better, it's a really good thing.
ME, what a great owner. on 11:38 - Jun 7 with 2774 viewschicoazul

My only real issue with this is, aside from it being pretty much the usual guff we have heard for the last few years from Evans, what if Hurst wants to play a different way from Klug for instance, or has different ideas about I dunno nutrition say, from O'Neill? Surely developing players and making sure they get enough sleep is one thing but the white heat of the Championship is quite another and ultimately the first team has to take priority?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

ME, what a great owner. on 11:38 - Jun 7 with 2765 viewsKeno

ME, what a great owner. on 11:34 - Jun 7 by Cotty

So reassuring. I think the new era of openness is doing him a lot of favours. In reality I expect things like this were mostly in place already, but even if the only change is that it is being communicated to the fans better, it's a really good thing.

At least he isn't standing drunk on the pitch at half time berating the fans like some ageing media whore

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

ME, what a great owner. on 11:40 - Jun 7 with 2757 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

ME, what a great owner. on 11:38 - Jun 7 by chicoazul

My only real issue with this is, aside from it being pretty much the usual guff we have heard for the last few years from Evans, what if Hurst wants to play a different way from Klug for instance, or has different ideas about I dunno nutrition say, from O'Neill? Surely developing players and making sure they get enough sleep is one thing but the white heat of the Championship is quite another and ultimately the first team has to take priority?

My reading of it is that everything they are putting in place is purely with the aim of benefiting the first team. The first team is, and will remain, the priority.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

ME, what a great owner. on 11:41 - Jun 7 with 2750 viewschicoazul

ME, what a great owner. on 11:40 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

My reading of it is that everything they are putting in place is purely with the aim of benefiting the first team. The first team is, and will remain, the priority.

But what if Hurst wants to play a target man, and we dont have one in the U23s? What if he wants to play 3 at the back and Klug doesnt have the players for that?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

ME, what a great owner. on 11:42 - Jun 7 with 2744 viewsGuthrum

Presumably all that has been hammered out in the job description and interview process. From what Evans said, the Manager is to be the club supremo on the football side, thus would have the final word.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

ME, what a great owner. on 11:45 - Jun 7 with 2739 viewsDyland

Indeed. The appointment is a real gamble and an exciting one. There could be some tears on the terraces as well as behind the scenes. We may struggle to start with and anyone thinking we are shoo ins to challenge the top six next season may need a dose of reality.

No reason currently not to be positive and optimistic and excited though. Unless you're a born pessimist, a massive melt, or a total twanny, of which you are all three x

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

ME, what a great owner. on 11:46 - Jun 7 with 2725 viewsDyland

ME, what a great owner. on 11:41 - Jun 7 by chicoazul

But what if Hurst wants to play a target man, and we dont have one in the U23s? What if he wants to play 3 at the back and Klug doesnt have the players for that?

Oh stop finding any little reason to piss on the parade you big jizz whizzer.

ME, what a great owner. on 11:47 - Jun 7 with 2711 viewsTractorCam

I imagine this has been communicated and discussed in the interview

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

ME, what a great owner. on 11:49 - Jun 7 with 2707 viewsKeno

ME, what a great owner. on 11:46 - Jun 7 by Dyland

Oh stop finding any little reason to piss on the parade you big jizz whizzer.

just an observation but can you piss and jizz at the same time?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

ME, what a great owner. on 11:55 - Jun 7 with 2678 viewsDyland

ME, what a great owner. on 11:49 - Jun 7 by Keno

just an observation but can you piss and jizz at the same time?

Yes but it takes a zen level of dedication.

ME, what a great owner. on 11:57 - Jun 7 with 2667 viewschicoazul

ME, what a great owner. on 11:55 - Jun 7 by Dyland

Yes but it takes a zen level of dedication.

The voice of experience, there.

Have you got your season ticket luv? I am seriously at a point of getting one. Got a thirst for Hurst.

ME, what a great owner. on 12:06 - Jun 7 with 2633 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Let's be serious here. I don't think anyone expects the U23's down to the U9's to mirror exactly what is going on at First Team level and neither is that actually said by ME or anyone.

The key thing is that player X from the academy is capable of playing within the systems operating at U18, U23 and First Team, which will mean we are producing adaptable, well rounded and talented players who are used to playing in some variation of a system... Not a One size fits all system.
ME, what a great owner. on 12:10 - Jun 7 with 2616 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

ME, what a great owner. on 11:45 - Jun 7 by Dyland

Indeed. The appointment is a real gamble and an exciting one. There could be some tears on the terraces as well as behind the scenes. We may struggle to start with and anyone thinking we are shoo ins to challenge the top six next season may need a dose of reality.

No reason currently not to be positive and optimistic and excited though. Unless you're a born pessimist, a massive melt, or a total twanny, of which you are all three x

Not seen anyone saying we are a shoo in to challenge for the Top 6.

I imagine they are in a tiny weeny minority.

Probably. You get the general point though. (n/t) on 12:11 - Jun 7 with 2607 viewsDyland

ME, what a great owner. on 12:10 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not seen anyone saying we are a shoo in to challenge for the Top 6.

I imagine they are in a tiny weeny minority.

ME, what a great owner. on 12:13 - Jun 7 with 2596 viewsDyland

ME, what a great owner. on 11:57 - Jun 7 by chicoazul

The voice of experience, there.

Have you got your season ticket luv? I am seriously at a point of getting one. Got a thirst for Hurst.

I renewed at the first opportunity Chickers and breathed a huge sigh of relief when Hurst was appointed. Not because I think he is the messiah, but because it felt like a breath of fresh air and would hopefully stop people whining and moaning for two minutes.

ME, what a great owner. on 12:17 - Jun 7 with 2576 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Saint and Saviour for this club. Have been singing his praises from day one and will never ever speak a bad word upon his name. God where we would be if we’d have one of these ridiculous, football clueless, over spenders who see no vision beyond 3 years. Running clubs and debts into the ground.

Long live Mr Evans.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

ME, what a great owner. on 12:18 - Jun 7 with 2568 viewsjeera

ME, what a great owner. on 11:40 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

And he appears to want that connection between the two.

Well, all the way along the line. Which is what we all want.

He has been listening. Or rather, his team of whomever have been listening and relaying expectations. The guy has learnt loads and is showing how much he gives a damn by at least attempting to employ these tactics.

I like him.

Eat your hat Rommers.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Arf (n/t) on 12:18 - Jun 7 with 2560 viewsDyland

ME, what a great owner. on 12:17 - Jun 7 by TheTrueBlue1878

Saint and Saviour for this club. Have been singing his praises from day one and will never ever speak a bad word upon his name. God where we would be if we’d have one of these ridiculous, football clueless, over spenders who see no vision beyond 3 years. Running clubs and debts into the ground.

Long live Mr Evans.

ME, what a great owner. on 12:30 - Jun 7 with 2510 viewshampstead_blue

I would think that aligning the philosophy would have been done at interview stage.

Seeing how thorough and successful ME is, I'd imagine that's the case.

When I'm interviewing or putting candidates forward I have 'fit' front and centre.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

ME, what a great owner. on 12:32 - Jun 7 with 2503 viewsDyland

ME, what a great owner. on 12:30 - Jun 7 by hampstead_blue

I would think that aligning the philosophy would have been done at interview stage.

Seeing how thorough and successful ME is, I'd imagine that's the case.

When I'm interviewing or putting candidates forward I have 'fit' front and centre.

So overall fitness, before jugs and then ass?

ME, what a great owner. on 12:46 - Jun 7 with 2453 viewsVic

I suspect they may have covered those things when they first talked a few weeks ago.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

ME, what a great owner. on 14:47 - Jun 7 with 2303 viewsRegencyBlue

Not for me.

I havent trusted him since he appointed Clegg as CEO for blatantly non footballing reasons. A succession of dubious decisions since then, ranging from the training ground 'disappearing' into one of his companies, ridiculous pricing, the failure to go for CAT1 academy status when it could realistically have been achieved, just to save a few quid, to name a few havent changed my mind.
ME, what a great owner. on 14:48 - Jun 7 with 2297 viewsSpruceMoose

ME, what a great owner. on 14:47 - Jun 7 by RegencyBlue

Not for me.

I havent trusted him since he appointed Clegg as CEO for blatantly non footballing reasons. A succession of dubious decisions since then, ranging from the training ground 'disappearing' into one of his companies, ridiculous pricing, the failure to go for CAT1 academy status when it could realistically have been achieved, just to save a few quid, to name a few havent changed my mind.

On the other hand, we could be like Villa. Or Blackpool. So, there is that.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024